[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.3 / 2.2.2.1 TEAMWIN touch recovery

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.2.2.1 touch recovery

Love this definitely a step in the right direction as far as recoveries go. Just flashed on my zv5 OV. Is there a way to change your your /system and /data to ext 4?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

/system and /data are on an mtd device in the optimus v. From my limited understanding, it requires a file system that understands the basic flash layout and can read and write to the raw storage and manage bad blocks. Newer higher end devices tend to use emmc (similar to an sdcard for storage). Those handle the lower level stuff on their own and leave a file system to just do higher level stuff. You make be able to force it to ext or something, but you'll probably kill the device very quickly.

Note: I have not researched this much. Everything I say is just what I think I understand based on what some android devs have posted. I could easily be wrong.

Another random piece of interesting info. Since the file system does almost everything on mtd devices, it also handles the location and sizes of partitions. From what I have seen, this info is passed to the kernel from the bootloader or the kernel command line. Resizing partitions is easy in theory, just change the info passed. Unfortunately, there are a couple partitions between cache and system (recovery, splash, and fotasomething..) that prevent us from resizing that useless partition to give us more /data. On a device with emmc storage, we could just change the partition map and the device will handle everything without issue (just like on a PC)

Also, I prefer ext2 or ext4 without journaling on flash storage. Im okay with risking data loss to extend the devices life. You shouldn't keep important data on a phone anyway.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I was curious because on my old Samsung intercept there is an option in recovery to convert file systems to fat32 or ext 2,3or4 for /system /data /cache

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Great recovery" thanks TheKraven"
Currently running 2.2.2.1 on my OV! And enjoying it!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Got a question, would this work on a zv4 optimus v with the older screen?

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Got a question, would this work on a zv4 optimus v with the older screen?

Screen driver support is kernel dependent; presumably all the appropriate drivers have already been baked in but I can't confirm this for you.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

New 2.3.3.0 build.

Changelog for 2.3.3.0 test 5
-ADB in recovery working
-ddms screen capture working

CHANGELOG for 2.3.3.0 test3
-Fixed restore of backups https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues/69
-keyboard highlighting when pressed.

Post 31 has all the details. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...2-1-teamwin-touch-recovery-2.html#post2240354

Download: flashable zip Goo.im Downloads - Downloading twrp-LS670-test5-2.3.3.0.zip or extract the recovery.img and flash via adb.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
New build. Trwp 2.4.4.0

Untested, so give it a try.
Latest sync with TWRP
See all the changes from 2.3. There isn't much difference in the ui though. TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.4 - | TeamWin
The old builds work fine still for flashing/backups/setting up sdcard and sd-ext, this is the lastest version so check for bugs.

Bugs so far in 2.4.. Waking from sleep in recovery, requires a battery pull

Download : If someone has 2.4 test 7, post it up.

Last edited:

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
ive successfully flashed a few roms with 2.4.4.0 but i cant get it to install a kernel, im going to flash an older twrp, flash the kernel, then flash the new recovery, then backup. kind of a lot of work but it seems the 2.4 has trouble with 2.3 backups but it restores its own backups just fine