Turning off the Cell Radio

bsdimp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to completely turn off my cell radio. I'm running ZVJ that I've rooted through the instructions on this site. I've dropped service on this phone and want to turn the phone into a WiFi VoIP phone. Trouble is I get that pesky error popup that says I need to download a new profile for the phone. It doesn't happen when I was running ZVD firmware + ZVH radio, or when in Airplane mode.

So is there a good way to eliminate it on a rooted phone? I also don't need the cell radio on anymore, since I'll just be using WiFi from now on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S. I did do a google search for this before posting, and didn't find anything. Also, if there's a better forum or site to ask on, please be kind on any redirection.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogem Roms allow you to enable airplane mode and still activate WiFi. Since you don't have service your radio shouldn't matter so feel free to test various choices.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Cyanogem Roms allow you to enable airplane mode and still activate WiFi. Since you don't have service your radio shouldn't matter so feel free to test various choices.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

This.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Go into phone dialer
Enter; *#*#4636#*#*
Go to phone information
Scroll down to turn off radio
Enable and exit
Profit

Sent from my LG-VM670 running rooted stock ZVJ

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Or, downgrade to ZVD and use ZVJ community Rom. Service won't work, but WiFi should. Correct? ;)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Another option is to use the baseband patches wrong. Use zvd-zvj patch if your on zvd or zvj-zvd if your on zvj. Either will cause radio mismatch and disable the radio

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz