[ROM]{ICS] Oxygen 3.0 for LS670 ZVD

bmwkeith

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Been running this rom for several days and this is the first ics rom that has been totally free of white screen issues on Gmail & fb.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to flash this ROM for use as a DD. This is my first alpha, so forgive my ignorance.

I know I downloaded the rom and gapps, I am already rooted on ZVJ running Hydro, so I need to downgrade to ZVD before flashing the rom then gapps.

After those are flashed, what's next? what patches or fixes then need to be loaded, and what's the process there?

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to flash this ROM for use as a DD. This is my first alpha, so forgive my ignorance.

I know I downloaded the rom and gapps, I am already rooted on ZVJ running Hydro, so I need to downgrade to ZVD before flashing the rom then gapps.

After those are flashed, what's next? what patches or fixes then need to be loaded, and what's the process there?

you can actually flash this on your zvj if you use the zvd to zvj patch, and it works the same as if you went back to zvd, so its all a matter of preference
the only thing i have ever noticed that when doing this, mms never seems to work, but other than that, give it a spin

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...zvj-zvd-zvd-zvj-flashable-zips-optimus-s.html

thats the link to the patch, so you flash the rom, gapps, then the patch and you're set

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
One more question:

What kernel should be flashed with this? Is it built in, or do I need to load a kernel separately?

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had much time to play, but holy crap this blows hydro out of the water (no pun intended).

I need to load up the fast charge though, because it will not charge using the wall charger, only when connected to a PC... and sitting overnight on a PC only brought the battery from 8% up to 86%.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So I tried flashing this rom over my Reborn rom that i had, i loved it but i had a few issues with it..
(1) no wifi, i even rebooted as stated and still no go
(2) no recovery as in when you hit the power button, on the menu it only says reboot and power off.
(3) my google playstore was force closing :(
other than the problems listed it's a great rom just not for me i guess :-\

krut0n

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having troubles with WiFi dropping out. If I leave it for 20-30 minutes Wifi will drop and then when you go to WiFi it will state that WiFi out of range. I am right next to WiFi router. Turning phone off and on it will come back fine. Toggling wifi on and off seems to work as well. It just is a pain for I use groove ip and it drops to 3g while stationary and also uses 3g data plan for background use.

Does anyone else have this issue?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So I tried flashing this rom over my Reborn rom that i had, i loved it but i had a few issues with it..
(1) no wifi, i even rebooted as stated and still no go
(2) no recovery as in when you hit the power button, on the menu it only says reboot and power off.
(3) my google playstore was force closing :(
other than the problems listed it's a great rom just not for me i guess :-\

When you said you flashed over reborn, did you perform a FULL wipe? Best to boot to recovery, do a factory reset (which wipes data, cache, sd-ext, and /sdcard/android_policy), format system, format boot. And THEN flash the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip (Or you can flash this which does it all for you, Debug-FormatALL.zip; it wipes all partitions except the SDcard)

Performing a full wipe is ALWAYS needed when moving between roms of a different source (reborn is stock 2.2 froyo, and Oxygen is aosp based 4.0.4).

You do this AFTER performing a nandroid backup but BEFORE you flash the new rom and gapps package.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did the full wipe but didn't know about the flashing of the debug format :confused: I think that should be put in the op. I thought maybe it had something to do with not flashing the gapps. Thanks much:thumbup:

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ryanbaldwin90

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Flashed this morning after full wipe. The home and menu buttons are switched. There doesn't seem to be a setting to change it either. Any suggestions on what I should do?

ryanbaldwin90

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
How do I do it manually?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm not capable of going through all that. Thanks in advance if you get a chance to post that zip.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza