Package file invalid & Insufficient space on device

anon(523450)

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I recently flashed the Hydro ROM (Android 2.3.3) and I am repeatedly getting these 2 errors when I try to download and install apps from the Market. It seems to need a minimum of 70-80mb of free internal space before it will attempt to download any new apps (even if the app is only 5mb) and many of the apps didn't install and gave me a "package file invalid" error after I attempted to install. (Several different apps, tried numerous times.)
Is this a function of my ROM, my phone, user error??

Thanks for any help!
Karen

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Try this, it is copied directly from the third post of DanteRom but was originally created to use with HydroRom.

Dalvik2Dev Mod - provided by jstntp
________________________________________________​

Jstntp originally made this for HydroRom, and has given me permission to release it here. This mod is necessary to correct the Play Store error "Package File Is Invalid." This happens due usually to a large number of user installed apps. All user apps load partially into the Dalvik Cache during first boot. But the Play Store also needs space there during app installation. So the result is that new apps fail during installation. By moving the Dalvik Cache instead to the Dev partition it eleviates that space. The drawback, is that it is wiped on every boot and regenerated, so boot times are a little longer with this mod in place, so only use if you are getting this error.

Installation instructions
-Download - dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip and place on the root of the SD Card. -Boot to recovery -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache -Flash dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip -Reboot and enjoy!

kingdommask

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello Just got android and was really nice to see how people are putting efforts on custom ROM. I have one question, it might sound very basic but I am new android user and have an optimus S phone. I have phone rooted and currently on ZVJ stock ROM, I tried Ginger ROM and Dante ROM thus far, but what I noticed that mobile signal strength drops and I don't get good reception, I reverted back to stock ROM and no longer have signal reception issue. My phone is rooted and am just wondering if I can move delvik cache to sd card, is there any easy was to do that, I really appreciate your help.
Thank you.

anon(523450)

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Try this, it is copied directly from the third post of DanteRom but was originally created to use with HydroRom.

Dalvik2Dev Mod - provided by jstntp

Jstntp originally made this for HydroRom, and has given me permission to release it here. This mod is necessary to correct the Play Store error "Package File Is Invalid." This happens due usually to a large number of user installed apps. All user apps load partially into the Dalvik Cache during first boot. But the Play Store also needs space there during app installation. So the result is that new apps fail during installation. By moving the Dalvik Cache instead to the Dev partition it eleviates that space. The drawback, is that it is wiped on every boot and regenerated, so boot times are a little longer with this mod in place, so only use if you are getting this error.

Installation instructions
-Download - dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip and place on the root of the SD Card. -Boot to recovery -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache -Flash dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip -Reboot and enjoy!

Thanks, that fixed it!!

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Any options with ZVD? My wife's Optimus is running thekraven's CM7.2 port and has been experiencing this issue for the past couple of months. I've tried all sorts of things, but am still receiving the message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy