Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlk43611
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DANTEROM: no service, wrong time

Hello,

Just installed Danterom4, like 10 minutes ago, and am having a couple of problems:

1. The phone can't find service. This hadn't been an issue before on stock ROM.
    2. Wrong time on clock. Ditto.

Suggestions?

I have an LG Optimus S, android 2.3.3, baseband MVJ, SW version (?) ZVJ.

Thanks.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Re: DANTEROM: no service, wrong time

What were you running before and how what steps did you take to update to Dante? Sounds like a baseband mismatch to me

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Before, I was running rooted 2.2. ZVD and stock rom. To achieve ZVJ root, I followed these directions: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated). I did all the wipes, etc. I did have service and correct time after rooting ZVJ.

Then I applied these directions, including nandoid back-up and debug-formatall: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012.

Thx.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Okay, then do me a favor. Nand back to stock zvj and verify you have service (create another nand first so you can go back. If so, I am going to assume it was a bad flash or corrupted download. If you have service on stock, let me know.

Edit: Also, did you use the method above or . . [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ This is what you what you wanted. The one ou listed is NOT meant to upgrade to zvj
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oops, yes, I used the thread YOU presented, and going back to stock zvj, I DON'T have service or correct time. (sorry for the incorrect info, previously)

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I hate to say it, I don't know. I would try reverting again to zvd, and trying again. I think you are still on zvd baseband. You likely missed a step. Follow the guide very carefully.

Edit: for fun try this. [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

You want the ZVJ to zvd patch. Flash from xionia.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks, I will give the patch a try tomorrow.

I did have some problems going from rooted ZVD to ZVJ; phone refused to boot back into recovery -- many times. I'd fuss and ditz around, and before long I ended up w/several update.zip files on my pc. I'm wondering now if maybe I had the wrong update file on the sd card? And, if so, if there would be any benefit of placing a ZVJ update file. Frankly, I don't even know where the ZVJ file would have come from, anyway, during the process.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

You downloaded it as part of the root tool. If you decide to start from scratch, begin with redownloading everything. Just know if that patch works, that means you still have the zvd baseband and will have to apply the patch on every new ROM made for the zvj baseband.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for that add'l info. I'll try the patch first, but just might start completely over, anyway. It's not that I'm going to be installing the latest ROMs -- I just really want to get rid of bloatware and see what custom ROMs are all about. And . . . this has become a challenge that I'd like to work through.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

The patch worked, suggesting you were right about the mismatched basebands. However, I did start the whole process over, w/new downloads, etc, and while I succeeded in getting to a rooted ZVD (confirmed), I never could get rooted ZVJ. On the ZVJ Root/Recovery screen, #B Reboot into Recovery, I always ended up in android. Over and over. So I guess it'll either be a patch to use DanteRom or a ZVD custom rom. Thx for your help.
    hlxanthus likes this.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

No problem! Glad you got it figured out.