Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default optimus s - LG sprint - rooting help need

okay, i've been looking for hours now going threw threads,links,youtube videos and im trying to root this phone.
    i dont know where to start ive looked up the how to and im dumbfounded i never felt so challenged in my life.
    please dont respond with the links of links of links
    pretend you were going to make a instruction order kinda like the book how to for dummie step by step
    someone help me im so freaken irritated with someone please respond asap please and thank you

ROM
    ThunderStick Full Blown

Default Re: optimus s - LG sprint - rooting help need

whats your baseband? if its zvj youll have to downgrade to either zvh or zvd (preferred)
    Apple Sucks
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Start with the Welcome Guide. The process is different depending on where you start and it sometimes changes. Take a deep breath and get over your frustration before beginning again; it's all laid out here.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default optimus s - LG sprint - rooting help need

I agree with epidenimus. Start with the welcome guide, it is an excellent resource. Then if you are still stuck, ask questions in the appropriate thread. To give you all you would need to know here would be a huge task, and likely better explained in pieces in their original threads

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmfrivers View Post
    okay, i've been looking for hours now going threw threads,links,youtube videos and im trying to root this phone.
    i dont know where to start ive looked up the how to and im dumbfounded i never felt so challenged in my life.
    please dont respond with the links of links of links
    pretend you were going to make a instruction order kinda like the book how to for dummie step by step
    someone help me im so freaken irritated with someone please respond asap please and thank you
    I was in the same boat, didn't know anything about rooting period. I learned by reading the threads, getting information from YouTube but mainly from here you can get the most information and may I suggest read carefully and thoroughly that way it would become easier to root, pick a rom and make it your phone

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Check out my step-by-step guide to rooting and installing a custom ROM. It provides detailed step-by-step instructions and explanations of techie terms.
    Guide: Step-by-step Rooting & Flashing guide for Optimus S.