OTA update won't install

Sumpm

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Rooted, stock ROM, Android 2.3.3, build ZVH.41FEDAD5

I don't use this phone anymore, but I'd like to have it around as a media player or whatever. Multiple times a day (since last summer), it's given me a message that a system update is available, but when I try to update, it fails each time.

I'd either like to get the update to work, or have it stop trying to install it. What are my options?

tcleg

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm....ZVH has been known in the past to cause lots of problems in all sorts of ways. From what I can see, here are your options:

1) Downgrade back to ZVD. <-----This is relatively easy to do. Just click here if you'd like to know more.
2) Factory reset your Optimus. <----Once again. ZVH has been known to cause a plethora of problems. It's best to get off of that baseband if you would like a more usable device.
3) Try airplane mode? <----Not too sure if this will help to cure the problem with the annoying update notices. But hey, give it a shot.

Welp, that's all I've got.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
unless you're ok with losing your root access, don't OTA update the phone.
iirc a way to simply stop the ota update message is to wait for the update message to appear, click "more info", then pull the battery.

if you want to update the phone to the latest version (ZVJ) and still have root access, there's a ZVJ automated rooting guide stickied near the top of this forum (alternatively you can click here). if you choose to go this route, you can skip the step about downgrading to ZVD since you're already on ZVH.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
unless you're ok with losing your root access, don't OTA update the phone.
iirc a way to simply stop the ota update message is to wait for the update message to appear, click "more info", then pull the battery.

if you want to update the phone to the latest version (ZVJ) and still have root access, there's a ZVJ automated rooting guide stickied near the top of this forum (alternatively you can click here). if you choose to go this route, you can skip the step about downgrading to ZVD since you're already on ZVH.

Voodoo OTA?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol