Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Default Re: [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Thanks for your help! After messing around a bit, I found the issue I think... I tried flashing the rom, gapps, audio fix, and updated int2ext in that order. This time, before installing anything(before I was installing titanium backup on first boot), I rebooted a couple of times before even going through the setup and success! I can also verify Bluetooth audio is working very well with my Motorola roaster, haven't tried a call yet...

ROM
    Changes Daily

just wanted to say thanks for continuing support for this aging phone. i bricked my evo and had to come back to my optimus for a while untill i can afford something else. i'm happy to say that i really dont feel like i'm missing much though since on the evo was also running cm10.1 and yours runs nearly as good as theirs on a phone thats much less capable, its just amazing. i'm running the latest jbc build with squid kernel built in. thanks again for keeping this thing alive.

PS, with the virgin fix that was posted with the new build i still have OS keylayout instead of OV

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    just wanted to say thanks for continuing support for this aging phone. i bricked my evo and had to come back to my optimus for a while untill i can afford something else. i'm happy to say that i really dont feel like i'm missing much though since on the evo was also running cm10.1 and yours runs nearly as good as theirs on a phone thats much less capable, its just amazing. i'm running the latest jbc build with squid kernel built in. thanks again for keeping this thing alive.

PS, with the virgin fix that was posted with the new build i still have OS keylayout instead of OV
    Howd you brick the evo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Well, I had a fairly nice run with this ROM, but after a series of annoyances (usually going into sleep mode and either not waking up AT ALL or giving me the blue screen), I had to switch to something else...a bloody shame, I *really* like CM10.1...most of it being that I like the lockscreen and clock WAY more than those before it.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    Howd you brick the evo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Don't really want to clutter this thread with talk about that but I was trying things I shouldnt have lol there's more info on AF if you check my recent posts there

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

Anyone have a linky to the older virgin fix 3?
    o_O

ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    Anyone have a linky to the older virgin fix 3?
    Virgin.fix3.CM10.1.zip
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    Thanked by 2:

I'm not sure if this has been answered or not, but after flashing the latest build the phone will vibrate only when I receive calls. The ringtone doesn't ring at all, but all other sounds work just fine. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with me using GrooveIP, but it didn't happen until build 6 :/
    o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Amenince View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been answered or not, but after flashing the latest build the phone will vibrate only when I receive calls. The ringtone doesn't ring at all, but all other sounds work just fine. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with me using GrooveIP, but it didn't happen until build 6 :/
    try flashing the alternate kernel and (unless you're using an OV,) the keyswap 1 from here, and if it still glitches you can pastebin logs over there for debugging.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    try flashing the alternate kernel and (unless you're using an OV,) the keyswap 1 from here, and if it still glitches you can pastebin logs over there for debugging.
    I flashed the older build with the 2.6 kernel. Solved my problem
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #561  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Amenince View Post
    I flashed the older build with the 2.6 kernel. Solved my problem
    Are you using the built in ringtones or sdcard sounds?

Also it could be halo, but I haven't heard of any bad or good things about it.
    Try build 2 without halo on post 518. You will need to flash a newer kernel with that one.
    Thanked by 2:
    frogpot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Are you using the built in ringtones or sdcard sounds?

Also it could be halo, but I haven't heard of any bad or good things about it.
    Try build 2 without halo on post 518. You will need to flash a newer kernel with that one.
    Before I switched back to the previous build I used both the stock ringtone sounds and sounds from my sdcard. Neither of them worked, but all the other sounds worked. Also, when I would adjust the volumes, the first slider I adjusted would play sounds as I adjusted it while the other sliders wouldn't make a sound i.e. if I adjusted ringtone volume I could hear the ringtone play while I adjusted it, but if I immediately tried to adjust notification sounds I would hear nothing. If I adjusted notification sounds first, then the ringtone slider wouldn't make any sound while I adjusted it afterwards. Regardless, the ringtone never played when I received a call, it would only vibrate. I'm fine with the previous build with the 2.6 kernel though.

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    What's the JBC, you don't want to know. Haha

Giving you something to play with. Fresh compile from sources. The JBC alpha builds are pretty much CyanogenMod 10.1 with very little tweaks. Really the system is too big, and I had the trim down the rom. Removed cmwallpapers, ringtones, boot animation, removed all languages except english.

The other JB 4.2.2 rom is the PAC-rom. It is a mix of CM10.1, AOKP, and Paranoid Android roms.

Working so far: wifi, usb mass storage, audio, video in browser, Google play, Youtube hq Include test 38 ics kernel. .
    Hint: to get reboot options, dev and kernel settings, tap Build number 7 times

BUGS: Wifi seems to eat the battery the most. Hdr camera mode will fc due to lack of memory, so just use regular picture taking.. Reboots and battery drain is expected. Livewallpaper isn't working. Bluetooth and tethering not working

CHangeloge for Build 6 JBC CM10.1 build. 7-15-2013
    • Includes latest security fixes from cyanogen ,
    • latest bigsupersquid 3.0 kernel with security patches and working accelerometer. Built now using virgin's keypad in the kernelsource. This just eases flashing any newer kernels from bigsupersquid. Note: The rom already has the sprint keypad fixes. .
    • resize nav bar option
    • lots of bluetooth work from androidmeda, untested.
    • wifi hotspot work from androidmeda, might need a reboot to turn off/on again
    • wiifi should wake from deep sleep now.
    • Includes halo notifications how to use halo
    • Latest sync with cyanogen and androidarmv6 as of today, it might be cm10.2 now, just needs the version number bumped.
    • Newer virgin fix untested http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...jbc-cm10.1.zip
    • older 2.6 kernels won't boot with this.

Pac Rom is on page 6. A mix of AOKP, CM10.1, and Paranoid Android. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post2606677

Downloads

Download Build 6 with 3.0 kernel

older builds with 2.6 kernel, still work but no bluetooth.
    Download A28

Newer JB 4.2 gapps from KonstaT:

Old JB 4.2 gapps

Multi-dpi jb 4.2 gapps

See post 218 for Usb tethering fix [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

A big thanks to bigsupersquid for his development of the 3.0 kernel. Send thanks and support his work here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...x-3-0-8-a.html
    Thanks to androidmeda and androidarm6 devs
    Thanks to LeslieAnn, Bobzhome, tdm, drew, KonstaT, and thunderc devs.
    Kernel souce:
    Kernel source:
    JB 4.2 source:
    Thekraven, you have outdone yourself! This ROM is super kawaii~! I am a 12 year old who probably shouldn't know how to flash CM ROMs on my phone. Stellar work. This phone was passed down to me and as soon as I could, I rooted and installed a custom recovery. ~Thank you! From, Eduardo, a 7th grader EDIT: Link removed, added screen caps via attachments.

Adding ANOTHER screencap using Droid@Screen/ADB:

##YET ANOTHER EDIT: I installed the S4 launcher (Touchwiz) just for ****s and giggles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2  The JBC alpha build-droid-screen-1.png   [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2  The JBC alpha build-droid-screen-3.png   [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2  The JBC alpha build-droid-screen-4.png   [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2  The JBC alpha build-droid-screen-1.png   [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2  The JBC alpha build-droid-screen-2.png  

Last edited by Eduardo Galvan; 08-01-2013 at 11:29 PM.

I totally agree with you Eduardo. I have been playing with the JBC rom for about a week or so and it really is amazing. I am using COT recovery and I have installed CronMod, Crossbreeder, Project Xtreme w/o entropy, and all 3 fixes cause I'm on the OV also. CPU is 480 min 864 max on a ZV4 with an interactive governor & sio scheduler. The older VM fix is what works, but it needs updated to reflect the truth of thekraven's build. I know everyone here wishes thekraven would/could stay on dev'n this rom, but all things do come to an end. I am a long time lurker on the net who doesn't really comment much but I always thank & like as needed. I read until I understand what I am doing. If I run into a snag, I read some more. I have enjoyed all of your works and your work on the Optimus' will be sadly missed. Just please let us know what phone we will be buying next!
    Last edited by D33z; 08-02-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    Thanked by:
    revarc 

Eh..well I have a ZV5 (bricked, fixed) with 729 min / 7xx max. (replace xx with a higher number. I don't have my phone on me now.) Yes, all things come to an end, don't they? Just how the Triumph had so much potential, but that damn charger port set me back. And I usually just use Swapper for some more RAM and Link2SD for storage. TWRP recovery on the OV.
    And, this phone cannot be used as a 3G device again. It's borked. I've tried to activate on a new account, but...even that didn't work. So, my Optimus has reached the end of the line, and is now used as a Wifi-only device. (I'm thinking of switching to a Galaxy S device, but I don't want to mess with that Odin ****. I'm also considering the Optimus F3...)
    This is where we part ways. I'm dissolving back into 1s and 0s. It's closing curtain for my tale. ~"The Vanishment of Hatsune Miku"

Question: Will we be able to charge the phone while it is turned off soon?

Every time I try to charge my optimus v while its off, the phone turns on. Yesterday, my battery actually died and when I tried to charge it, the phone kept turning all the way on to try and charge, but kept powering off since the battery was technically dead. My phone kept re-booting over and over. I had to quickly put my phone in recovery and plug in my charger at the same time, which was difficult but I managed to do it and recovered the stock rom so my phone could charge.
    But is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon?

I don't know if there is going to be a fix. But since, this is a alpha, this was expected. When I plug in my phone, it doesn't show as charging, but if I just leave it there for an hour or two, it charges the battery, even though it thinks its not charging, it is.
    This is where we part ways. I'm dissolving back into 1s and 0s. It's closing curtain for my tale. ~"The Vanishment of Hatsune Miku"

Um thekraven, would it help that I found out the MMS settings?
    I went back to stock and dialed ##3282# and then went to MMSC SETTING. Here's what I found:

Set URL

Set Proxy
    Set Port
    Yeah, that's what I found in that there menu....

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by tylerju90 View Post
    Question: Will we be able to charge the phone while it is turned off soon?

Every time I try to charge my optimus v while its off, the phone turns on. Yesterday, my battery actually died and when I tried to charge it, the phone kept turning all the way on to try and charge, but kept powering off since the battery was technically dead. My phone kept re-booting over and over. I had to quickly put my phone in recovery and plug in my charger at the same time, which was difficult but I managed to do it and recovered the stock rom so my phone could charge.
    But is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon?
    Not sure if offline charging is going to be included any time soon, but if you're ever in that situation again, reboot into recovery to charge. In case you don't already know, with the phone off, hold down volume up, home, and power until it's past the LG logo.

This space intentionally left blank.
    Thanked by:
    bigsupersquid and tylerju90 like this.
    o_O

ROM

offline charging won't work until the kernel recognizes the charger on boot.
    and my time is limited lately. I'll keep working on it as I can.

OV user here with a quick question. This may have already been answered, but I'm not exactly looking forward to scanning through the whole thread. Has anyone found a fix for the random data drops or the occasional reboot when connecting to wifi? I'm on PAC, and it's nearly perfect, with those issues being the only problems I'm having.

For what it's worth, I haven't messed with the kernel or anything. Thanks in advance!

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Quote Originally Posted by chucklay View Post
    OV user here with a quick question. This may have already been answered, but I'm not exactly looking forward to scanning through the whole thread. Has anyone found a fix for the random data drops or the occasional reboot when connecting to wifi? I'm on PAC, and it's nearly perfect, with those issues being the only problems I'm having.

For what it's worth, I haven't messed with the kernel or anything. Thanks in advance!
    Noticed that on wifi. Except when I have my OV on my charger (likely because I elected to keep my screen on while charging in Developer Options), But I recently came back to PAC and noticed the drops only happened when the clock was off even by one second.

I am on kernel 40 though (using the old 2.6 kernels).

The one thing I'd like to know for a general reference point is overclocking...what's been the general best alongside governor and scheduler...?
    o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by chucklay View Post
    ...random data drops or the occasional reboot when connecting to wifi...
    I've been running the test JBC lately, but when I was using PAC I would turn off my 3G when not in use and it seemed to help. If I left 3G on too long it wouldn't talk to the data network even though it thought it was connected.
    The wifi, sometimes it's one of the things that lowering overclock can fix. but not neccesarily.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    If I left 3G on too long it wouldn't talk to the data network even though it thought it was connected.
    The wifi, sometimes it's one of the things that lowering overclock can fix. but not neccesarily.
    I haven't been too scientific about it, but my experience is similar. If I leave both wifi and cell radio on for a while, and then turn wifi off, cell radio appears to be connected, although the icon is grey, and only SMS and calls work, no other data. Sometimes I can just toggle airplane mode and that works, sometimes I have to reboot.

This space intentionally left blank.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

I just installed the latest JBC build along with the old VMfix and it appears that the phone is not charging for some reason.
    I tried charging it through the recovery method but no luck.
    any ideas how to fix this?
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast