Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Default Re: [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Quote Originally Posted by puffen619 View Post
    I just installed the latest JBC build along with the old VMfix and it appears that the phone is not charging for some reason.
    I tried charging it through the recovery method but no luck.
    any ideas how to fix this?
    Have you tried a different charger? It's always possible that your charger died, especially since it's not charging in recovery.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4
    This space intentionally left blank.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

I guess it is charging but the phone doesn't recognize it's being charged.
    I have to reboot to show the updated battery percentage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco and D33z like this.

Is there a way to block calls with this ROM without adding an app? I keep getting a mortgage something repeat caller twice daily from the same 2 numbers

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    I've been running the test JBC lately, but when I was using PAC I would turn off my 3G when not in use and it seemed to help. If I left 3G on too long it wouldn't talk to the data network even though it thought it was connected.
    The wifi, sometimes it's one of the things that lowering overclock can fix. but not neccesarily.
    I haven't had any issues with anything in this rom. I have had to lower my overclock and am now testing 864 844 825 806 with 480 as my min. No 3G/WIFI issues. The reason for lowering the overclock is because of ANY random reboots. Some of the reboots seem to be happening when the battery is below 20%, but I'm not for certain. I have also found that even if you properly mount and unmount the sd card, the phone will reboot when you re-insert the sd card. I may have been mistaken and my phone was a ZV5 originally. Should I switch it back? This is by leaps and bounds the greatest rom to hit my phone, not complaining just reporting.
    Last edited by D33z; 08-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

Quote Originally Posted by ppossumm View Post
    Is there a way to block calls with this ROM without adding an app? I keep getting a mortgage something repeat caller twice daily from the same 2 numbers
    there's a "blacklist" under phone->settings.
    it won't ring if blacklisted.
    Thanked by:

thekraven = AWESOMEST OPTIMUS S ROM MAKER EVER!!! No offense everyone else, you're awesome too.

I also seem to be having a charging issue that just recently started happening. My phone was on the charger, but when I looked at it the battery was at 0%, which is confusing since it was almost fully charged. I took the phone off the charger to see if there was anything wrong and the phone shut down automatically. In the recovery it says I have a 0% charge and it won't charge, outside of recovery if I try to charge the phone I get the screen saying my battery cover is not on and I know it is. I switched chargers and still nothing. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Oh and I'm using Optimus S.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Have you tried to pull the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds?

Yes I have and still nothing.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

It's a bit of a stretch, but do you know anyone else with an OS or OV? You could put your battery in their phone to test it.

I do not, unfortunately

Hi my phone wont charge with this rom can u make a thing to fix this?

I just installed the latest JBC build along with the old VMfix and it appears that the phone is not charging for some reason.
    I tried charging it through the recovery method but no luck.
    any ideas how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Have you tried a different charger? It's always possible that your charger died, especially since it's not charging in recovery.

I guess it is charging but the phone doesn't recognize it's being charged.
    I have to reboot to show the updated battery percentage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenince View Post
    I also seem to be having a charging issue that just recently started happening. My phone was on the charger, but when I looked at it the battery was at 0%, which is confusing since it was almost fully charged. I took the phone off the charger to see if there was anything wrong and the phone shut down automatically. In the recovery it says I have a 0% charge and it won't charge, outside of recovery if I try to charge the phone I get the screen saying my battery cover is not on and I know it is. I switched chargers and still nothing. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Oh and I'm using Optimus S.
    Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Have you tried to pull the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds?
    Yes I have and still nothing.
    It's a bit of a stretch, but do you know anyone else with an OS or OV? You could put your battery in their phone to test it.

I do not, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Lesley View Post
    Hi my phone wont charge with this rom can u make a thing to fix this?
    People have discussed this. You might find reading before posting to be beneficial in the future. Still, at least you did ask.
    Also, Thekraven no longer develops on this rom anymore, unfortunately. Last time I checked I heard that Squid was doing kernel work, although I don't know if that's still true.
    You may be better off either a) listing things that makes this happen (what exactly did you flash - just the rom, GAPPS, etc.) so that anyone who does work on this has an easier time pinpointing the bug, or b) switching to a different rom (slimbean and Bobzhome's jb/ics word fairly well, iirc. Maybe not as well as this, but still pretty well.)

If a mass-multiquote is frowned upon in the general forum etiquette I'll remove it.

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Is this a problem across ROMs? I use custom ringtones for specific contacts but only the default plays...any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Is this a problem across ROMs? I use custom ringtones for specific contacts but only the default plays...any solutions?
    They worked for me on ICS but I just tried and it doesn't now. Definitely curious, although maybe there's a setting I overlooked somewhere.
    Last edited by Esp_eon; 08-15-2013 at 06:51 PM.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Perhaps move the audio files to the system partition?

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Esp_eon View Post
    People have discussed this. You might find reading before posting to be beneficial in the future. Still, at least you did ask.
    Also, Thekraven no longer develops on this rom anymore, unfortunately. Last time I checked I heard that Squid was doing kernel work, although I don't know if that's still true.
    You may be better off either a) listing things that makes this happen (what exactly did you flash - just the rom, GAPPS, etc.) so that anyone who does work on this has an easier time pinpointing the bug, or b) switching to a different rom (slimbean and Bobzhome's jb/ics word fairly well, iirc. Maybe not as well as this, but still pretty well.)

If a mass-multiquote is frowned upon in the general forum etiquette I'll remove it.
    I think there's been at least one case here where someone couldn't charge at all on ICS (Quattrimus maybe?) but could still charge on other ROMs. It may be the case that Amenince and Logan Lesley are experiencing similar symptoms. It would be interesting if we could either nail down a specific difference between their phones and the majority of other OV and OS's, or prove that it's some sort of user error.

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Perhaps move the audio files to the system partition?

Weird thing. If I go into my contacts app, wait 10 seconds and then go back out...the custom ringtones would work when someone would call...

ROM
    Xperion

Sounds to me like an issue of limited ram. Since JB actually needs a lot more ram than froyo or GB and our phones were never really intended to run it, there are a few quirks as we all know. If the sounds play after loading your contacts for several seconds (thus giving the system time enough to load the contact information including custom ringtones) but otherwise just plays the default tone (not having had a chance to "preload" anything) that seems to point to ram. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud here...:rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .

I didn't know who to reply to, so I just decided to post this. My phone worked fine on this build for a while and it never had the issue. I don't remember exactly when I flashed the rom, but I remember about 2 or 3 weeks ago I updated to the latest build, but had to switch back to the build with the 2.6 kernel due to ringtone problems. The phone still charged correctly up until about 3 days ago. That's when the phone stopped charging for whatever reason and said that I had 0% battery life. Like I said, I didn't know what was going on so I unplugged it and when I did it automatically shut down. I tried to reboot it with and without the charger, but it only booted once and auto shut down again. After that it wouldn't boot, if the charger was plugged in it shows the screen telling me to close the battery cover (and I know it's closed), and when I boot to recovery it doesn't charge either. I don't have another battery to see if that's the problem and I've tried a different charger, but no dice. Currently I'm just using a different phone since I only use Google Voice and Groove IP so I don't necessarily need the phone to work, I'm just so used to the phone and would prefer that over this Samsung Transform. I did nothing different with my Opti S that I haven't been doing since I first flashed older roms. It worked fine, then just stopped charging. That's all the info I know :/

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus (CM9)

Very noob question since I'm in a real rush but does this rom install apps into SD-EXT partition? EXT2?
    JimJamz the JAM

*Honored Quattritannian*

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ2mz View Post
    Very noob question since I'm in a real rush but does this rom install apps into SD-EXT partition? EXT2?
    You have to use either cronmod's "fixed" int2ext script, or use an app like link2sd to do that.

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?

Just wondering, is it safe to change DPI on this rom

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan13x View Post
    Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?
    Bigsupersquid's kernel has helped with some of the bluetooth issues.
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 ... LastLast