[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

What is cronmoda2sd++ and where do you find it? Sorry, I did google it but didn't find it.

[Edit]: got it .... chronmod (space) a2sd++ Works very well went from 13MB to 140MB free

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Can I flash a2sd++ on this after its alredy booted??

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I did. I download titanium backup and restored a couple of apps before flashing a2SD++

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Wow. Never thought 4.2.2 would be on this little phone.
TheKraven you are awesome!!

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I did. I download titanium backup and restored a couple of apps before flashing a2SD++

I couldn't get a2sd ++ working. I tried pasting it into the ROM.zip, flashing before first boot, after first boot, and a lot of other ways. I tried exactly what you said, and I got it to move the apps that were already installed to the sd-ext, but I would get out of space errors when I tried to install more. I verified that there was stuff on the sd-ext, and there was plenty of space. Weird.

I did however, get the plain a2sd (not ++) to work by flashing before the first boot.

Now that I got that taken care of, I can't wait to check out the new build. Thanks for this, Kraven! Everything seems awesome so far.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Edit: I spoke too soon. I was able to install ~200 mb worth of apps, but then I ran out of space. So weird. The apps are clearly being moved to the sd-ext. They are there in the root browser. For some reason it is still capped around 220mb, which is more than the space on the internal partition, but still well shy of my 2gb sd-ext.

Last edited:

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Ok I was not paying attention when I tried to flash a28 so I ended up learning how to restore the phone when stuck in fastbook (blue screen). When I recovered I clean flashed a25 and used that for a day then dirty flashed a28. Very stable. Battery life also very good after several reboots. WiFi hotspot not working. Voice dialer always wrong. But that doesn't keep me from using this daily everything else is fantastic! Can't believe I'm taking panorama photos on an OV.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't get a2sd ++ working. I tried pasting it into the ROM.zip, flashing before first boot, after first boot, and a lot of other ways. I tried exactly what you said, and I got it to move the apps that were already installed to the sd-ext, but I would get out of space errors when I tried to install more. I verified that there was stuff on the sd-ext, and there was plenty of space. Weird.

I did however, get the plain a2sd (not ++) to work by flashing before the first boot.

Now that I got that taken care of, I can't wait to check out the new build. Thanks for this, Kraven! Everything seems awesome so far.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Edit: I spoke too soon. I was able to install ~200 mb worth of apps, but then I ran out of space. So weird. The apps are clearly being moved to the sd-ext. They are there in the root browser. For some reason it is still capped around 220mb, which is more than the space on the internal partition, but still well shy of my 2gb sd-ext.

I have had that happen once or twice and that was on Bob's CM 10. My only solution was whenever that happened, I'd simply do a battery pull, press down power for 30 sec, put the battery back and start it up again. And after that, TB reported 120 mb free instead of 15 mb free. But bc at the time, I was quite an app hoarder (I had 212. Now I'm down to half), I had to do that at least 4 times.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Trying the battery pull+hold power trick; I did a full wipe (twice) and flashed A28...once I reset, EVERYTHING CRASHED CONSTANTLY, couldn't even get to the home screens. :( I may just revert to my nand...

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Tried A28 as a fresh install. Worked fine until I got the "insufficient storage space" error. A2SD++ was flashed after flashing A28, gapps, the fix and the EGL patch.

I did notice that this msg did not come up until after I installed my copy of Titanium Backup....

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Do not use Virgin script for lastest rom. It will mess your phone.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

isn't the script required for VM phones for this ROM? the key changes might be a pain, so would having the wrong build.props.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

isn't the script required for VM phones for this ROM? the key changes might be a pain, so would having the wrong build.props.

I don't think it's required. It doesn't come with one, and runs beautifully without it.

Also, I had no problem with the virgin patch, what happened to yours?

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it's required. It doesn't come with one, and runs beautifully without it.

Also, I had no problem with the virgin patch, what happened to yours?

Fast settings in top bar doesn't work. Browser can't start. And a lot of other all disturbing things. Key swap doesn't work, just settings button is OK but home button doesn't work. It happened after totally fresh flash with empty phone. Home button was hint. So next flash I didn't use it and ... No problems.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Have to restore my A26 nand. I gave it another go around. Seems like Titanium Backup is the culprit. I installed a few apps from my Play account, they d/l and install fine and show up on the sd-ext.

But the second I introduce TB to the equation. It's over. I get the same message and TB hangs on restoring the missing apps I hadn't DLed yet.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Did you grab the latest titanium bu from the market. There's some fixes for 4.2 jb. And there's a modded in2ext script for jb 4.2 @xda. Most scripts are having problems with the latest 4.2 jb.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Did you grab the latest titanium bu from the market. There's some fixes for 4.2 jb. And there's a modded in2ext script for jb 4.2 @xda. Most scripts are having problems with the latest 4.2 jb.

I've been using TB 6.0.0.1. Do you have the link or is it his original page over there? I looked over there and it seems the best for our V and Ss is the original since the Int2EXT+ requires models with more internal space than we have...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer