[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Amenince

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I also seem to be having a charging issue that just recently started happening. My phone was on the charger, but when I looked at it the battery was at 0%, which is confusing since it was almost fully charged. I took the phone off the charger to see if there was anything wrong and the phone shut down automatically. In the recovery it says I have a 0% charge and it won't charge, outside of recovery if I try to charge the phone I get the screen saying my battery cover is not on and I know it is. I switched chargers and still nothing. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Oh and I'm using Optimus S.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's a bit of a stretch, but do you know anyone else with an OS or OV? You could put your battery in their phone to test it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the latest JBC build along with the old VMfix and it appears that the phone is not charging for some reason.
I tried charging it through the recovery method but no luck.
any ideas how to fix this?

Have you tried a different charger? It's always possible that your charger died, especially since it's not charging in recovery.

I guess it is charging but the phone doesn't recognize it's being charged.
I have to reboot to show the updated battery percentage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I also seem to be having a charging issue that just recently started happening. My phone was on the charger, but when I looked at it the battery was at 0%, which is confusing since it was almost fully charged. I took the phone off the charger to see if there was anything wrong and the phone shut down automatically. In the recovery it says I have a 0% charge and it won't charge, outside of recovery if I try to charge the phone I get the screen saying my battery cover is not on and I know it is. I switched chargers and still nothing. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Oh and I'm using Optimus S.

Have you tried to pull the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds?

Yes I have and still nothing.

It's a bit of a stretch, but do you know anyone else with an OS or OV? You could put your battery in their phone to test it.

I do not, unfortunately :(

Hi my phone wont charge with this rom can u make a thing to fix this?

People have discussed this. You might find reading before posting to be beneficial in the future. Still, at least you did ask.
Also, Thekraven no longer develops on this rom anymore, unfortunately. Last time I checked I heard that Squid was doing kernel work, although I don't know if that's still true.
You may be better off either a) listing things that makes this happen (what exactly did you flash - just the rom, GAPPS, etc.) so that anyone who does work on this has an easier time pinpointing the bug, or b) switching to a different rom (slimbean and Bobzhome's jb/ics word fairly well, iirc. Maybe not as well as this, but still pretty well.)

If a mass-multiquote is frowned upon in the general forum etiquette I'll remove it.

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Is this a problem across ROMs? I use custom ringtones for specific contacts but only the default plays...any solutions?

They worked for me on ICS but I just tried and it doesn't now. Definitely curious, although maybe there's a setting I overlooked somewhere.

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
People have discussed this. You might find reading before posting to be beneficial in the future. Still, at least you did ask.
Also, Thekraven no longer develops on this rom anymore, unfortunately. Last time I checked I heard that Squid was doing kernel work, although I don't know if that's still true.
You may be better off either a) listing things that makes this happen (what exactly did you flash - just the rom, GAPPS, etc.) so that anyone who does work on this has an easier time pinpointing the bug, or b) switching to a different rom (slimbean and Bobzhome's jb/ics word fairly well, iirc. Maybe not as well as this, but still pretty well.)

If a mass-multiquote is frowned upon in the general forum etiquette I'll remove it.

I think there's been at least one case here where someone couldn't charge at all on ICS (Quattrimus maybe?) but could still charge on other ROMs. It may be the case that Amenince and Logan Lesley are experiencing similar symptoms. It would be interesting if we could either nail down a specific difference between their phones and the majority of other OV and OS's, or prove that it's some sort of user error.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like an issue of limited ram. Since JB actually needs a lot more ram than froyo or GB and our phones were never really intended to run it, there are a few quirks as we all know. If the sounds play after loading your contacts for several seconds (thus giving the system time enough to load the contact information including custom ringtones) but otherwise just plays the default tone (not having had a chance to "preload" anything) that seems to point to ram. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud here...:rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670

Amenince

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know who to reply to, so I just decided to post this. My phone worked fine on this build for a while and it never had the issue. I don't remember exactly when I flashed the rom, but I remember about 2 or 3 weeks ago I updated to the latest build, but had to switch back to the build with the 2.6 kernel due to ringtone problems. The phone still charged correctly up until about 3 days ago. That's when the phone stopped charging for whatever reason and said that I had 0% battery life. Like I said, I didn't know what was going on so I unplugged it and when I did it automatically shut down. I tried to reboot it with and without the charger, but it only booted once and auto shut down again. After that it wouldn't boot, if the charger was plugged in it shows the screen telling me to close the battery cover (and I know it's closed), and when I boot to recovery it doesn't charge either. I don't have another battery to see if that's the problem and I've tried a different charger, but no dice. Currently I'm just using a different phone since I only use Google Voice and Groove IP so I don't necessarily need the phone to work, I'm just so used to the phone and would prefer that over this Samsung Transform. I did nothing different with my Opti S that I haven't been doing since I first flashed older roms. It worked fine, then just stopped charging. That's all the info I know :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11