[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time following this long threat (tried reading all the way through, but a lot of different stuff is going on), and am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm using Quattramus ICS, and I'd really like to install a functional JB rom on my optimus v. Is there a thread for installing one of these roms on the OV, and which one of the various versions is most stable at this point? Thanks.

The newest jbc build with the new kernel

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, Firstly, I just wanted to say thanks to the developer of this rom. This is really nice. I searched through the forum thread, and couldn't find it--so sorry if this is a redundant post--is there a fix for the battery charge not displaying?
I've flashed most recent rom and gapps.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Try out the prior build with the 2.6.35 kernel. It's a kernel bug in the 3.0 kernel that hasen't quite been worked out yet.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your response.
Would that be the file (a28-cm-10.1-20130220-thekraven-LS670.zip)?
I was having a hard time finding it on the first screen.
Does it require any patches be applied?

Try out the prior build with the 2.6.35 kernel. It's a kernel bug in the 3.0 kernel that hasen't quite been worked out yet.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the pac rom builds, before the 3.0 kernel came out it was more up to date then JBC. I'd suggest giving it a shot and there is a patch for us VM670 users

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I like the pac rom builds, before the 3.0 kernel came out it was more up to date then JBC. I'd suggest giving it a shot and there is a patch for us VM670 users

I like Pac ROM, but for what I was pulling off, it would be great for a week, maybe two or three before it started having major problems. So I am back to CAI, and at least with that one, I can use the Voice Search workaround for Google Search AND be able to use Utter.

I do miss my Dashclock Widget though...

chucklay

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well everyone, my phone has finally gone off to a better place. That said, I still need one last thing from it. The photo that I was using as a wallpaper slipped through the cracks, and now I can't find it I deleted it from the SD card, but as I was using it as a wallpaper, I'm sure it's saved somewhere. I have NANDROID backups created by the clockworkmod recovery, but I don't know where I should look for my old wallpaper. Would anyone happen to know where to look? The folder most people suggest, data/data/com.android.settings/files/wallpaper doesn't seem to work, as the /files directory is empty. Any advice would be amazing!

EDIT: Found it! It was in sd-ext\system\users\0\wallpaper. I had to rename it to wallpaper.jpg, but it worked perfectly!

Last edited:

tylerju90

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to go back to using the PACman ROM (mainly because of the better batter life), using bigsupersquid's new kernel and init.thunderc zip. Does anyone have the file link to obijohn's fixed int2ext+ scripts? I need it ASAP!!! Thank-you :)

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to go back to using the PACman ROM (mainly because of the better batter life), using bigsupersquid's new kernel and init.thunderc zip. Does anyone have the file link to obijohn's fixed int2ext+ scripts? I need it ASAP!!! Thank-you :)

I do not suggest using Obijohn's scripts. Those scripts were slightly recoded and don't mix well with the 3.0.8 kernel, which I may go back to when development is more on a stable ground.

I am back on PAC-ROM, with kernel 43 on the original...with the crossbreeder AND entropy scripts. And finally found a way to remain stable, with NO random reboots (it is a pain to reboot when I turn off WIFI on...too lazy to comb through what happened)...I downloaded Fast Reboot, liked it so much, bought the pro version, which is even better because I set it to "fast reboot" every 30 minutes. It's not a taskkiller per se...but it does force apps (will kill the ones you exited already) to release unused RAM back into the free pool and actually has made my more mem-intensive apps like Spotify, Go Launcher, Go SMS Pro (loads faster now) and MX Player perform better.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually obijohn's scripts are not on that page but they are posted somewhere In this very thread. Unfortunately I don't know what post # so it'd take some digging

Edit: got it
[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build - Page 16 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Trying to run these scripts causes my phone to stick at the bootanimation. I left it running for like 45 minutes today and it never finished. Had to pull the battery, wipe everything and flash the JBC, Virgin fix, GPS fix, GApps again to make it work.
What should I try to get the 2sd scripts working?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Trying to run these scripts causes my phone to stick at the bootanimation. I left it running for like 45 minutes today and it never finished. Had to pull the battery, wipe everything and flash the JBC, Virgin fix, GPS fix, GApps again to make it work.
What should I try to get the 2sd scripts working?

The 3.0.8 kernel uses a different method of vsync that the obijohn scripts don't do, something gets sacrificed in favor of a little more perceived stability...and apparently it completes borks the booting of the OS. I've used the original ones on XDA for the 3.0.8 kernel when I used it or the fixed ones somewhere in XDA.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Alright... flashed the CronMod INT2EXT+ script and now my phone is running great, except for the battery life. I've tried using Juice Defender for the last 24 hours, but that doesn't seem to save any battery. Is there another kernel that helps with battery life? Any other ideas?

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Alright... flashed the CronMod INT2EXT+ script and now my phone is running great, except for the battery life. I've tried using Juice Defender for the last 24 hours, but that doesn't seem to save any battery. Is there another kernel that helps with battery life? Any other ideas?

Just remember, you won't get a realistic idea about your battery life until it's been on your phone for three or four days. No matter what you use, however, you still won't get the same kind of battery life that you have with GB or Froyo. I've had to revert to GB because I have such marginal signal at home (like -110db!) that my battery only lasts about four hours unless I put it in airplane mode. Before I moved here I usually got about ten or twelve hours on a charge with JB.

What does the fox say?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000