[ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

serialrage

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Once again awesome rom, only issue i seem to have with it is the battery life. I had much better battery with CAI 19E but i can't remember what settings i had used. Anybody have any tips on extending the battery life.

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
There are data drops. Gotta turn off wifi and reboot. If you can remember to turn off wifi before you lose the connection (when going out of range of the router) , it will connect back to 3g without a problem.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything is great on this ROM but I seem to lack 3G connection. WiFi works fine though.
Any ideas?

Calling and texting work? If no then what rom did you come from? Could be radio mismatch.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Oxygen 3.0 ROM for ZVD.

Hmm and is text and calling working? Not sure what else it could be since 3g has been working sense this rom was released.

Edit: you checked out fortyquid's reply and that's not it either right?

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hmm and is text and calling working? Not sure what else it could be since 3g has been working sense this rom was released.

Edit: you checked out fortyquid's reply and that's not it either right?

Tried fortyquid's suggestion about disconnecting wifi then rebooting but still no internet connection (3G).
Would it be advisable to do a factory reset from within recovery (COT) and just wipe everything before trying to reinstall this ROM?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
In COT 2.1 I normally factory reset + pre - flash Wipe. Or you can go into mounts and wipe everything except sdcard.

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Will give this a go and report back. thanks

Did not work for me

I installed the Oxygen ROM, instead, and have everything working but now the 3G shows and under 'About Phone' > Status > Mobile network state: Connected
BUT I still cannot connect to the web.
How do I update PRL or the code to reset?
(I'll place this into post into the Oxygen thread)

fred2george

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the amazing Rom build with this one! I've been using this since mid-Jan as my daily Rom and it has been great! No problems that are noteworthy.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Did not work for me

I installed the Oxygen ROM, instead, and have everything working but now the 3G shows and under 'About Phone' > Status > Mobile network state: Connected
BUT I still cannot connect to the web.
How do I update PRL or the code to reset?
(I'll place this into post into the Oxygen thread)

Aosp does not have an update prl option. You either need to flash stock, and flash prl, or use cdma tools to flash the prl.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Installed this rom onto my OV today and everything seems to be working great! No mms problems (at least between Virgin Mobile users). One thing I am curious about though is the ext partition usage. In the Partition Info tab it says I have 289MB/ 1.79GB in my sd-ext (FAT) and as this fills up so does the Available Internal space in the Storage tab (65.25MB left). So is this normal? Will space still be available even after my Storage tab shows 0MB available in my internal storage (since I have much more space left in my sd-ext)? Is there a glitch in the way the rom shows the available space or am I missing something here?
Either way great job on this rom, I can see this being my daily as long as I am able to fit all my apps :D

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
So I wanted to share this, as I noticed a distinct lack of commentary on the subject: (or I failed to read... possible)

Bluetooth (mono headset at least) is working for me with the CAI kernels 39 and prior that I tested (21, 23, 38, 39) - kernel 40 breaks bluetooth for me, it won't even turn on, tried fresh installs and dirty flashing over working bluetooth (in CAI and Paranoid from thekraven as well as SlimRom) with the same results.
(tried the same in PAC too, but could never even get BT to turn on... no surprise there though)

The included kernel was also incredibly unstable for me - most notably turning wifi off would usually crash my phone, along with other random crashes - tried 21, and 38 with similar results (more stable in general, but wifi toggle = crash), 40 seemed to lack the wifi toggle crashing, but as mentioned, bluetooth broke.

Running 39 now, and so far it seems quite stable - but after a night of serial flashing, my phone is hungry for batteries... it might just be trying to lull me into a false sense of security.

And for what it's worth... ZVJ Optimus S and test setups went like this:
slimrom b4 + slimgapps + camera fix + zvj libs + bluesleep fix + kernel
removed apps2sd (05mountsd, 40a2d) and seeder (11Seeder, rngd) before first boot
480/729 ondemand, sio

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So the traffic cameras I rely on that were only Flash-based on the web and therefore were the only reason I was not able to use any of these awesome newer ROMs have finally decided to link to RTSP feeds. Those work natively in MX Player, so I said "time to flash!"

I did a full wipe, flashed the rom, the gapps, the camera fix, the zvd to zvj, and kernel v40. Kernel 40 gave bluetooth problems (would not enable) and I sufferred from random reboots. I switched to Kernel 39 and Bluetooth is enabling and I haven't had one reboot.

Reinstalled all my apps from Titanium, downloaded new ones, and got everything set up rather quickly.

Happy to report my previous issue of VPNC not thinking the kernel had capabilities is resolved this time around, probably due to using a later kernel.

So far, I'm confident this could become my daily driver.

Excellent work!

j35u5fr34k

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My friend and I tried to flash this on his phone. We rooted, downgraded, rooted, flashed recovery, made a NAND, wiped/dalvik (redundant) and then flashed this and wiped again. It tries to boot and then goes right to the battery screen. We tried to pull the SD to make sure it wasn't anything with that. Tried build 4 and 3. Anyone have any insight on this? Should we try a different kernel, radio, etc?

Last edited:

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like offline charging mode ... ?

Have you tried powering up the phone without having it plugged in and/or holding the power button for a few seconds once you're in offline charging mode?

If that doesn't work... what else did you wipe after flashing? If you wiped everything before flashing... you shouldn't need to wipe anything after flashing?

I am by no means an expert (read: I'm a total noob! ;)) but maybe try a clean flash with kernel 39?
(ie wipe, flash rom, gapps, any patches, kernel 39, then boot)

Beyond that... I haven't had any trouble, but I've read that apps2sd scripts can sometimes be problematic on first boot?
(and as I noted above, I always trimmed those scripts before first boot)
Someone just posted in the JBC/PAC thread about first booting without gapps and setting minimum clock on boot (480 for any ICS/JB rom afaik?) before flashing gapps.

obijohn posted some updated int2ext scripts in the JBC/PAC thread too (make sure to follow directions and fully boot twice before flashing!) ... but for those to work you'll need a working rsync binary
The one from JBC/PAC probably won't work in SlimROM? I didn't try, but they aren't statically compiled iirc (they fail with linking errors when I tried them in CM9?).
A bunch of google searching eventually turned this up for me, and the binary linked there has been working for me: rsync your Android [asksven]