[ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have to remove the usb when it boots up or else it goes to the battery screen.

now question: voice to text via the keyboard. I'm so used to HTC_IME keyboard on HydroROM. I installed Voice Input from the market, but the default AOSP keyboard does not show the microphone key.

is there an alternate keyboard that has all the "subkeys" (e.g. - parenthesis when you hold down a key, etc... not just numbers on top row) and microphone?

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Excellent! I tried "Perfect Keyboard" but the voice to text kept randomly going "error". this one i just made sure to check the box for "use original voice input" (or something similar) and it's working nice.

When I woke up this morning I grabbed my phone and unlocked the screen and the phone did a RR. Wonder if it had to do with being idle for so long. But once it rebooted it was fine.

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So what is the method for getting Sprint Visual Voicemail working on this rom? I can instal one of the many APKs/ZIPs for it and it appears there and seems to provision.. but I do not get a notification about new voicemail.

I'll get a text message from 9016, but nothing shows up in the Voicemail application.

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: I have not done any of this... took the lazy route and just setup Google Voice for now... but I spent awhile looking for solutions and most of the recent posts on the subject leaned towards this sort of solution, rather than just blocking 9016:

Have you tried recording a message (at least 2-3 seconds long?) and sending it to activate@vvm.sprintpcs.com (through the Sprint Voicemail app), then wait ~15 minutes for a confirmation of activation.

This is a link on a Galaxy S3 forum, but about halfway down the second page page (linked) is a quote from some Sprint forums suggesting this procedure, which I've seen suggested elsewhere, with the notes that while modding mms.apk can cover up the issue... 9016 texts really shouldn't ever make it to Messaging, and that usually indicates provisioning didn't complete properly - manual provisioning is supposed to fix the problem
Sprint visual voice mail for CM10 - Page 2 - xda-developers

You might need a more recent Sprint VVM to work in CM10 too? A quick google search seems to suggest something along the lines of 5.3.x.x should be compatible with CM10?
There are links in that thread to very new versions of VVM too... but I haven't seen any posts about using them on our phones...
Proceed with caution if you can't get known working versions to run properly, make a nandroid! etc etc... ;)

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
DISCLAIMER: I have not done any of this... took the lazy route and just setup Google Voice for now... but I spent awhile looking for solutions and most of the recent posts on the subject leaned towards this sort of solution, rather than just blocking 9016:

Have you tried recording a message (at least 2-3 seconds long?) and sending it to activate@vvm.sprintpcs.com (through the Sprint Voicemail app), then wait ~15 minutes for a confirmation of activation.

This is a link on a Galaxy S3 forum, but about halfway down the second page page (linked) is a quote from some Sprint forums suggesting this procedure, which I've seen suggested elsewhere, with the notes that while modding mms.apk can cover up the issue... 9016 texts really shouldn't ever make it to Messaging, and that usually indicates provisioning didn't complete properly - manual provisioning is supposed to fix the problem
Sprint visual voice mail for CM10 - Page 2 - xda-developers

You might need a more recent Sprint VVM to work in CM10 too? A quick google search seems to suggest something along the lines of 5.3.x.x should be compatible with CM10?
There are links in that thread to very new versions of VVM too... but I haven't seen any posts about using them on our phones...
Proceed with caution if you can't get known working versions to run properly, make a nandroid! etc etc... ;)

thanks for all the suggestions. i've been trying everything on it. the texts still come in and say provisioning was successful, but the voicemail app doesn't get anything.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This is one of my few issues when trying the JB roms. If the Holo launcher cuts down on sluggishness, that's worth a shot. The google navigation also seemed without street names.

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
As awesome as this ROM is, I had to go back to HydroROM for my daily driver due to two issues:

1) The voicemail not notifying was a major thing; too many of those to miss one
2) Speakerphone was not working on any call. I tried a few versions of the kernel and it just wouldn't go

Amazing work, though! kudos!

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This is one of my few issues when trying the JB roms. If the Holo launcher cuts down on sluggishness, that's worth a shot. The google navigation also seemed without street names.

I use Nova. Nova is very fast on this ROM!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the speaker on the front will work in calls in build 4? I really love this rom, the only priblem is i need to be able to call.

Thanks

All hail thekraven.

djchru

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the speaker on the front will work in calls in build 4? I really love this rom, the only priblem is i need to be able to call.

Thanks

All hail thekraven.

Calling works great through the speaker or through Bluetooth, just doesn't work with plug-in headphones (mic doesn't work).

sunid

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Calling works great through the speaker or through Bluetooth, just doesn't work with plug-in headphones (mic doesn't work).

Exactly. My mic hasn't been working since Alpha 19 until I tried JBC. It works ok in some apps in the PAC ROM build though.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been on build 3 since like January i guess and it never appealed to me before, but i really need my camera. And when I installed Slim ROM from CM9, the camera app disapeared. I made sure i clean flashed it and everything. I'll try an old backup, get the .apk, and see what happens from there. Otherwise, I will install build 4 and the camera fix.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty fun now...except that I've noticed that it has a tendency to reboot itself. A LOT. For what appears to be no apparent reason. (More precisely, it reboots almost as frequently as BobZhome's CM10 did...) It's especially nefarious for doing this either while downloading or while listening to music.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty fun now...except that I've noticed that it has a tendency to reboot itself. A LOT. For what appears to be no apparent reason. (More precisely, it reboots almost as frequently as BobZhome's CM10 did...) It's especially nefarious for doing this either while downloading or while listening to music.

Mine would reboot after disabling bluetooth. It just started this month? Anyways, I'm back on froyo, rooted with gingerbreak temporarily until after 25/ whenever I get my phone back. My call speaker ( "ear piece") hast been working. And no mic with head phones.

Sent from my LS670 using AC Forums mobile app

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

What do you have your clock speed min/max set to? Try 480/600, and see if that is more stable. If that is good you can bump up the max until you find the highest stable level.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...I had it set to 600/864, then I set it to 480/825.

It's getting even worse: after suddenly getting a lot of ANRs & FCs, I (dirty) reflashed the ROM...but now, the lock screen doesn't work (it simply won't lock in sleep mode), and neither does the Settings button in the notification drawer. On top of that, ALL MY DATA to my apps somehow got wiped - my game saves are gone, ColorNote got wiped out completely, and many of the settings I had got wiped back to their defaults. As for my games...didn't realize the saves were gone until I went to play Inotia 4...AFTER I BACKED UP MY APPS IN TB. :(

Sent from my LG-LS670 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888