[ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
This is just an observation, with no real testing behind it, but it seems like I can keep the data connection up as long as I keep wifi off. After wifi has been on for a few, if it's then turned off, I have to restart to reestablish the data connection.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue with Bobz CM10. My workaround was to add the toggle mobile data button to the power widget. Then I keep mobile data turned off until I need it, and it almost always worked. Kind of an inconvenience, but it kept me from having to reboot every time.

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1

kraven:

Excellent work, as always! I've been setting this up all day so far and am wondering if TUN VPN was left out intentionally? I use VPNC Widget since HydroROM but this rom does not meet the compatibility requires due to lack of TUN.

Can it be manually added or is that impossible?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Tun is built with all the kernels. With test 38 kernel, the module is built inside the kernel. But I don't use it, so I never know if it works. Try test 21 or test 23 kernels for the external tun modules

Or is it a missing option of the rom? Slimrom is pretty close to an AOSP build, so there isn't much cyanogenmod features

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
None of my business, but why would you put apps on your sd card? This ROM has scripts to utilize your partition for that. You can make a partition from within your recovery. This ROM is way too big to use without a partition.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Samuelg900

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
None of my business, but why would you put apps on your sd card? This ROM has scripts to utilize your partition for that. You can make a partition from within your recovery. This ROM is way too big to use without a partition.

Can you guys give me a link on how to do that?

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Which recovery are you using? (the recovery is the program from which you flash ROMs)

bpa007tx

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I would be interested as well on how to set up a partition in recovery. I have Xionia Recovery and a 32GB Class 10 micro sd card

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just backup your SD card to your PC and make the partition 10 percent of the size of your SD card

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
...and thekraven does it again! Love this ROM. My new daily. I've been shying away from JB due to it's size, then i stumbled upon this one. WoW! This ROM is actually smaller than the ICS ROM I was on (Quattimus AOKP). Although, i do miss some of the AOKP features, mainly the weather in notification pulldown and power widget toggle style. Still, gonna stick with this beast of a ROM. Great job once again!

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If you like the weather notification, you can still get it with almost any weather app from the play store, btw. I use weatherbug.

hamzah6

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Its an awesome ROM this should be on everyone's optimus S please dowload it. But one problem when i record it becomes kind of like static looking. (dont know how to explain

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I want to say awesome build love the size I actually have room to install apps but ran into some problems im using your build 4 1) would be the camera even using your fix it does not come up no icon and when i check system/apps its not there either 2) the speaker doesnt work at all I push the speaker button when on the phone and it doesnt do anything at all if I keep pushing the speaker button it crashes the phone app but I stay on the call 3) the number pad stops responding sometimes my guess on that is the blinking screen when talking 4) mms doesnt work all I get is pending I am on the cricket network south texas

edit I downloaded a gallerygoogle.apk from dmmarck I installed it and set permissions restarted and now my camera works but not all features but it takes picts and stores them so im ok with that for now. The other 3 problems are still an issue but hope someone can help.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Here are some audio tests using different audio drivers. Test to see what works or not.

Test 1, audio routing fixes from grigorig. Mainly VOIP routing fixes and notification fixes in the headphones.
Test 2, added back LG audio headers
The 3rd file will flash you back to build 4 audio.

Attachments

• audiofix1.slimrom.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 50
  • audiofix2.slimrom.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 25
  • audiobuild4.slimrom.zip
    176.8 KB · Views: 23