Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Default Re: [ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

Quote Originally Posted by relooreloo View Post
    Acid Audio Engine w/ Walkman player works for me. Have to find the LG compatible version, and free up adequate space on the system partition to install it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Still hanging at "starting apps". Even tried v7 and v7 fix and same thing. That's why i was thinking it may be ROM related. Hangs on any audio MOD i try.

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dingermtb View Post
    Still hanging at "starting apps". Even tried v7 and v7 fix and same thing. That's why i was thinking it may be ROM related. Hangs on any audio MOD i try.
    Ah, I'm still using v1, the exact file name being AC!D_AudioEnginev1.0forLG.zip, 26.88 MB. Think I found it on XDA a long time ago, can't find the thread now. I believe it was posted explicitly as working on the Optimus S but I'm not seeing that claim on any newer versions. Works fine for me with this ROM, though I have not tried the audio fix patches thekraven posted.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: [ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1

This may be completely inappropriate for this thread, but how do I set up sd-ext?
    Thanked by:

Do it within your recovery, if you can. Boot into recovery and see if you have the option somewhere to partition the sd card. Make a nand backup, reboot, copy your sd card to your computer (because you're about to erase it.) Reboot into recovery and partition your card. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR CARD. Make your ext no more than 10% of your card capacity, i.e. <250mb for the 2.5GB cards that often come with the phones; set the "swap size" to zero, if you see that option. Now, you should have a partitioned card. I don't know if you can restore a backup (that was made on a non-partitioned card) onto your phone now that you have reformatted your card. You may need to re-flash the ROM and start again. If it doesn't work out just right, you can pull the recovery folder from the sd card backup that you made on your computer and put it back on your card; boot into recovery, restore the backup, and you'll be back to square one.
    Thanked by 3:
    Linoleum and ryanbaldwin90 like this.

Thanks. It seemed to work as I now have significant more space on my internal memory.

Having a notification power widget problem. I added screen brightness, quick charge or whatever it's called, etc. When I rebooted the power widget went back to default buttons. Is it something I did?

Also in the settings to change the buttons, it still shows the ones I selected, but they're not showing up in the notification drawer itself.

Again and again I've tried to flash this rom. The problem is that I can't seem to get the same amount of memory as I have on CAI. I partitioned the sd card, even install fewer apps & still get that low memory notification :screwy: I really like this rom but I guess I'll just stick to what I got.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I just discovered a somewhat strange issue. When I try to turn Bluetooth off, it hangs for about 30 seconds (not even the lock button is responsive) then reboots. Can anybody confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by HaiTek View Post
    I just discovered a somewhat strange issue. When I try to turn Bluetooth off, it hangs for about 30 seconds (not even the lock button is responsive) then reboots. Can anybody confirm this?
    Have you tried flashing test40 kernel? has some BT fixes

Quote Originally Posted by chedder66 View Post
    Have you tried flashing test40 kernel? has some BT fixes
    No, I'll give that a shot and see. Do you have a link to it? I can't seem to find it in the OP.

No, I'll give that a shot and see. Do you have a link to it? I can't seem to find it in the OP.
    [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19
    see 2nd post

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I tried kernel 40, kept hanging while upgrading apps.

Had to flash back to release 4.

Been a while since I came back to the forum that started my Android experience. How am I not surprised that TheKraven is still here doing amazing work for this phone? We need more developers like you Kraven! Thanks for everything.
    tossici likes this.

Did flashing test40 kernal work?
    HTC Evo 4G
    4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2
    BlackDome TSP_Supersonic KERNEL V2.1r1 02-19-13

Quote Originally Posted by bpa007tx View Post
    Did flashing test40 kernal work?
    I haven't tried it yet actually as lerxst_x reported some issues with test40:

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst_x View Post
    I tried kernel 40, kept hanging while upgrading apps.

Had to flash back to release 4.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    don't know if this has been brought up.. but I don't think the start up tweaks are functioning yet right? it sets but when you reboot, it reverts back
    I noticed that too

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I finally got around to flashing this rom. I love it! It's just as stable as cai. Everything seems snappy and smooth. Couldn't be happier to finally have a jb rom I can use as my daily! I flashed the audio fix 1, the virgin fix, the camera fix, and cron's a2sd++ script with it (I didn't check to see if the built in a2sd worked first). I'll be flashing various tweaks over the next couple days. Great work, Kraven! Thanks a bunch!

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Has anyone had any luck getting google now working on this rom? I can run the "hacked" google now apk from tilal. The voice search works, but it's using the old school voice input and funneling it into google now. Also, I can't scroll through the results.

I have an older version running pretty well. The voice Input doesn't work but I installed the old voice search app and at it as my default voice typing option so I can click the search hard key, press the mic on my keyboard, speak my command, hit enter on the keyboard, and it goes. Pretty reliable, but a little involved. I used the voice search hack-app for a while and decided that I like this a little better, imperfect as it is.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

i want to say thanks again but i switched back to your cold as ice cm9 build 19e i love the volume levels it has but the problem i ran into with the slim and i dont know if anyone else got them but my number pad would stop working when on the phone like when talking to an automated system and it was asking to push a number it would not respond but if anyone had the same issue or fix that would be great

Working great for me! Thanks

Any tips to get onavo extend working? It looks like it's looking for the tun.ko module. Is it just a matter of recompiling the kernel with this option set in the menuconfig?

Thanks

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Has anybody gotten MMS to work?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst_x View Post
    Has anybody gotten MMS to work?

MMS is spotty for me on my ov. As usual, I can send them fine, but receiving them is a crap shoot. I had one from my wife that I received while on wifi. It just said downloading. I turned off wifi and rebooted. Now I had a download button, but once I pressed it, it just said downloading again. Then I turned on wifi again, forgot about it, and maybe a day or two later, I saw the download button, while I was on wifi. I hit it and the pic downloaded.

I'm happy that I got an mms at all.

What is a stable CPU frequency and CPU governor for this ROM?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast