[ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

GirlPanic

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks a lot, alexkta. This appears to be simpler. Glad it's also compatible with my V. I hope with this that I can finally get some Slim Bean love on my phone! Have no clue as to why it didn't flash with my original recovery. I'd just get to the opening screen and nothing more, even after ten-twelve minutes. Much appreciated, wish me luck!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, dinger, I'll give it a go. :) Are you running this ROM by any chance?

Hmm, COT looks complicated! I'm not comfortable running commands, at least that's what I saw regarding actually installing it. For some reason, I also have a recovery on my phone called thunderc.img, 3.2.0.1. Don't remember installing it; perhaps it came from a ROM? In any event, help regarding COT installation would be appreciated. Mods, if I'm straying too far from the topic, feel free to move this post. Thanks for everything!

COT is quite simple if you already have a recovery installed, check out the universal installer http://forums.projectopencannibal.n...1-universal-installer-for-lg-optimus-devices/

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, running this ROM. Yes, COT is very simple. Get the zip file version, and it's as simple as flashing, just like you would the ROM, if you already have a custom recovery installed

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

puffen619

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I just installed this ROM and I can't find how to turn on the animations, help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

GirlPanic

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why I can't get past the Slim Bean screen. I've flashed ROMs before, so what am I missing?

Flashed recovery
Wiped cache/dalvik cache
Installed ROM
Installed Gapps/VM fix

If anybody sees what I'm doing wrong or not doing, let me know. As always, help is appreciated. Thanks!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why I can't get past the Slim Bean screen. I've flashed ROMs before, so what am I missing?

Flashed recovery
Wiped cache/dalvik cache
Installed ROM
Installed Gapps/VM fix

If anybody sees what I'm doing wrong or not doing, let me know. As always, help is appreciated. Thanks!

Wipe data, sd-ext, system, and boot as well... Everything except sdcard.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh, thank you, thewraith! Getting old, I guess. Off to give it a proper go this time.
By the way, I always liked your screen name. :)

You can just wipe cache and dalvik if your just updating a rom but usually switching between roms a full wipe is recommended.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe I'm still stuck on the SB screen. Flashed and wiped everything. Think I'll download the ROM again and go from there.

I had the same problem to except with a different rom.
Do this:
Wipe everything but SD card.
Flash just the rom the boot. Once it booted into rom boot to recovery.
Then flash gapps and boot into android.
If that don't work then try redownloading or flash a CAI kernel

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
funny, my V both sends and receives mms fine with slim bean, but jbc only send and won't receive mms.
wonder if that's got something to do with the 4.2 mms apk?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
funny, my V both sends and receives mms fine with slim bean, but jbc only send and won't receive mms.
wonder if that's got something to do with the 4.2 mms apk?

Likely yeah. But I use Chomp SMS on 4.2 and they issued an update for a MMS for 4.2 lib fix and MMS works like a charm.

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Plug it in, open a terminal, and type adb devices. If it pulls back a device, then your good!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edit: below is how it should look in your cmd.exe or terminal

Code:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop>adb devices
List of devices attached
35318EEFB13000EC        device

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Desktop>
Okay, that looked good, so I won't worry about the lack of notification then.

Great ROM, thanks!

GirlPanic: I had a similar issue once, and the problem was that my SD card partition was FAT32, rather than EXT 3 or 4. Sounds like you're more advanced than me and that's probably not your problem, but maybe ;)