Thinking about continuing but...

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about continuing with development (mostly just porting but idk I might learn how to do other things) for this device but I have one dumb question. How do I change the carrier logo on a rom for good? By this I mean how can I change the carrier logo so that it never says "Virgin Mobile" or "Roaming Indicator Off". This means that it would switch between "Sprint", "Roaming", "No Service", and "Searching For Service". Please help, having those other labels up there really annoys me.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about continuing with development (mostly just porting but idk I might learn how to do other things) for this device but I have one dumb question. How do I change the carrier logo on a rom for good? By this I mean how can I change the carrier logo so that it never says "Virgin Mobile" or "Roaming Indicator Off". This means that it would switch between "Sprint", "Roaming", "No Service", and "Searching For Service". Please help, having those other labels up there really annoys me.

You need to edit the eri.xml. pretty sure that's in the framework.jar

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Go into a Sprint Rom and go to:

System/framework/framework-res.apk/res/xml/eri.xml

That's the file you need. Use that it in ported Rom and it will say Sprint. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital