- 2 Posts
Phone stuck in recovery mode
A friend of mine recently gave me his old Optimus S after upgrading to a newer phone, and the device is stuck in recovery mode, displaying "ClockworkMod Recovery v18.104.22.168" along the top, followed by a number of selectable options. After looking around the internet, I attempted to install a working ROM from an SD card, but when I reboot it, it returns to the recovery screen. What can I do to fix this?
- 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM #2
Re: Phone stuck in recovery mode
Your friend installed incompatible software on the phone, probably used ROM Mangler to install the wrong recovery. Check out the ROM Manager and Unbrick threads in the Rooting, ROMs and Hacks section.
- By Ky1e.YC in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 07-28-2015, 03:02 AM
- By swissarmy in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 10-13-2011, 12:04 PM
- By strider504 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2011, 10:45 AM
- By ratm22 in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 01-20-2011, 12:38 AM
- By cusco in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2010, 04:01 PM