Questions about flashing HydroRom

nosixx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

First of all I wanted to say that I am extremely new to rooting, roms, kernels and phone hacking in general so please bear that in mind if you decide to reply. Anyway onto the heart of this post. I rooted my phone last nite using the excellent ZVJ automated rooting guide by sfhub and everything went well and now I would like to flash a custom ROM onto the phone and have decided to go with HydroRom which I found here. I downloaded the ROM, created a Nandroid backup and placed the HydroRom zip file on the root my SD card, but I have stopped there because I have a few questions that I need answered before I continue which are:

Is this ROM for VZJ or is this the VZH version ?
Where can I find the instructions for flashing this ROM ?
Does this ROM include HydroKernel or do I need to locate / flash it separately ?

Thanks,
Nosix

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
It is a ZVJ based rom. Follow the directions from danteRom to install hydro(look at my signature for DanteRom). Hydro kernel is included.

nosixx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the relply, One final question before I flash this ROM. Is there a readme / topic anywhere that I can view that will tell me what works and does not work on this ROM?