Can I get some assistance downgrading to stock rom?

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
A while back I rooted my opti s and put the cold as ice rom on it. Have to say that I love it. I had to downgrade to ZVD, ect but I after a few flubs I got it all together. It was my first rooting and alternate ROM experience.
Unfortunately, I am cheap/poor and now I am using the phone for business and it is developing some issues (such as not always ringing or showing missed calls) when calls come in. This could be the phone, it could be the ROM. I dunno. Regardless, as much as I like thekravens hard work, I cannot use it as a daily driver.
I read through the unroot thread, but it is replete with big warnings and some of the links are old and dead (such as the flash image link). I managed to find the recovery but not the flash image, and I really need to not brick this phone. I cannot afford a new one right now.
So, if anyone can help I need one of the following:
Help returning to a stock ZVD ROM. I am on CAI CM9, which uses ZVD baseband. I do not need to unroot, just get it there, then I can use that or allow the carrier update to 2.3/ZVJ. I know there is some issue where yo have to use the right recovery too, or you will brick, so links to up to date threads or steps would be much appreciated. I will even send you a virtual beer.

-or-

Suggestions for a ROM I can load on ZVD that has the following:
  1. No clock lag
  2. Sprint voicemail app working
  3. Infrastructure mode WiFi.
  4. All major features (camer, etc.) working.
  5. As little lag as possible
  6. A2SD or D2SD working so I can use more apps(optional but would be great)

Hopefully I did not bore you to death, and thanks in advance!

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Reborn was my very first rom on this phone. I loved it but wanted to try out other roms which I did. Srom was a favorite of mine but wanted to try putting ics on so I chose cai. It's stable but laggy and really liked that it holds the battery power really well and the memory was most excellent. Unfortunately I believe in order for you to return to stock is to unroot it. How did you root your phone? I used ginger break which gives you the option to unroot but I haven't really tried it out yet. If you rooted your phone through something like that then it should be simple to revert to stock

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Also I think thekraven has a basic stock rom you can use. It should be somewhere within the roms and hacks forums

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Reborn sounds good, but it is supposedly end of life and no longer under devel/support. I am thinking HydroRom, but of course it requires ZVJ.

Doing further digging this morning show me that the official sprint downgrade should work, even with Xionia recovery. Then I will be on stock ZVD radio and ROM. From there I will see about installing the sprint ZVJ update and then pushing Hydro or some other.

Going to start trying now, wish me luck!

As promised, here is a virtual beer!
user9906_108026.jpg

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest giving DanteRom a shot, it's stock zvj based like HydroROM and uses HydroKernel and is well maintained here in these forums, hlxanthus is still an active member here as well.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a stock rom kicking around somewhere (rooted) that can be flashed? I'm in a similar situation, running Kraven's CM7.2 and am selling the phone - buyer requested stock rooted software, if possible. I'd flash my original nandroid image but I haven't run stock since many radios ago, back when ThunderROM was the latest and greatest. Probably a VC baseband or earlier. Thanks!

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there a stock rom kicking around somewhere (rooted) that can be flashed? I'm in a similar situation, running Kraven's CM7.2 and am selling the phone - buyer requested stock rooted software, if possible. I'd flash my original nandroid image but I haven't run stock since many radios ago, back when ThunderROM was the latest and greatest. Probably a VC baseband or earlier. Thanks!

As long as you have stock or xionia recovery you can use this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html

I wiped and reloaded with this update, on reboot I was stuck in a reboot loop on the android screen. I went back into the (now stock) recovery, wiped again and it runs fine.
As far as keeping root, I have not tested. I suppose it does, but you can root it again easily. Just send in the zergs.

I have since put the official sprint ZVJ/2.3 on here and it is running great. Next step is to put xionia on and then HydroROM or DanteROM.

Thanks all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz