Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By droidmyme
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any HydroROM users?

I've had HydroROM running on my S for about a week, and I love it. However, I have noticed it has bugs, or perhaps needs tweaking. Has anyone noticed bugs, and found ways to fix them?

I don't think the official HydroROM thread exists anymore, sadly. That's why I wanted to make a user thread.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Any HydroROM users?

ROM
    Changes Daily

What sort of bugs are you finding? It's stock based so there really shouldn't be anything

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    What sort of bugs are you finding? It's stock based so there really shouldn't be anything
    I'm not sure if I should call them bugs or issues, but I'm definitely seeing something not functioning correctly.

First, on boot up, the app drawer won't open. No apps open, in fact, and I wait and wait. Things only work after I long press the home button. Before that, nothing.

Second, wake issues and random freezes. Not FCs, but freezes. One time, I opened Phone Settings to turn on WiFi, and it just froze. No error message.

I wonder if there is a problem with the CPU settings. I have mine set on MSM7xxx, which I assumed is Qualcomm's default governor.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Well somethings definitely not right that doesn't sound at all like the HydroROM I ran before, go into recovery format/wipe everything except sdcard and flash it again.

ROM
    Stock

Its possible you have a corrupted dl if clean flashing doesn't fix it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The HydroROM you ran could start up apps right after a boot? That's my most persistent issue. The freezes are random and infrequent.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    The HydroROM you ran could start up apps right after a boot? That's my most persistent issue. The freezes are random and infrequent.

Yes, it ran perfect for me last time I was on it, I'd probably use it more but since I'm on virgin mobile I can't use mms on it. If you can't get it sorted out though Dante rom is another good one and uses the same kernel. It also has the notification power widget just like HydroROM and hlxanthus is available here for support

Thanked by:

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

When you talk about apps starting up right after boot, are you refering to you a startup from actually being powered down? That is NORMAL and happens on every phone with every rom. Especially if you move apps to sdcard as the sdcard doesnt load till after android is booted. Now this shouldnt take more than a minute or so, so if you are taking more than say 5 minutes than yes something is wrong. I would try backing up your sdcard and doing a full format of it and see if that helps.

And yes, the zvj stock that hydro is based from does have an issue with not waking from sleep. This is most persistant right after first install and usually is minimized by upping the minimium clock. When i still had my optimus s on active service and using regularly it would happen no more than once a month or so once it stabilizes.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I appreciate you offering that clarification, hlxanthus. What happens for me is this: when I boot the phone from powered off, it boots Android, opens the Home screen, and loads the SD card. A few seconds later, the radio signal and WiFi icons turn on, and my Home screen apps appear. After that, nothing happens. I can't get any apps to load, can't open the app drawer, can't open apps in the dock. One time, I specifically waited to see if it would go away automatically and it didn't. It only starts responding after a long press the home button.

I clean installed the ROM again and I don't have that problem. I did two things to modify the ROM after installing:

1. I used NoBloat to uninstall some stock apps and the HTC keyboard. Perhaps uninstalling the HTC keyboard baked in broke the files somehow. I've always used NoBloat to uninstall apps I don't use, and I haven't seen stability issues.

2. I messed around with the No Frills CPU app settings. You mentioned that the low clock speeds can cause the wake issues. Well, after a clean install, I didn't touch the settings, and I don't have wake issues anymore.

Does deleting apps like Latitude and Search break the system? Thanks.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Any HydroROM users?

No, you should be able to delete all of the above with no effects. Always thought little of latitude myself. Voice search can really be awesome, especially on the newer OS versions. If you are deleting htc_ime you can also delete the clicker app as it is part of what makes the keyboard run and serves no other purpose. All that would be left of it would be some libs and the will just be dead wood without the apks there.

My fav hydro kernel settings was smartassv2 running 320/724 (numbers might be a little off, but you get the drift, been nearly a year since I ran this phone as a daily). Try those and see how they do you.

One last thing, if things are not playing nice you can always boot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot. Plus if you have a lot of apps and are running into space issues (perhaps could contribute to your issues) look at the dalvik2dev (provided by jstntp) mod you will find in my DanteRom thread like third post or so
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Boy I sure do appreciate the answers. I wasn't sure what settings to run on the CPU, but now I have something to go by.

Hopefully if other people want to run HydroROM they can get some tips from here. In the meantime, I'm going to give Dante ROM a shot - looking forward to it!

hlxanthus likes this.

i have the optimus s i installed the Hydro Rom and all my services went away and by bluetooth and mac address vanished