Possible Brick

DroidZilla

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my buddy's phone had Quattrimus on it and he was saying it was all buggy and he wanted to try something else. It said that it was on ZV9 or something like that and we went to flash SlimBean and everything went all correctly. It started up, we put in his gmail account yada yada, we were changing all the non-phone essential settings like how many apps on each screen and so forth. Well we left it on the charger and it rebooted itself automatically about 15 minutes later. Got to the screen where it said optimizing apps, which surprisingly said like 72 apps. That got done and just froze. We pulled the battery about 30 minutes later. It has not been able to get back into the ROM since. It's stuck on the SlimBean animation screen. We don't know what to do.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Possibly a bad flash. Check md5 of all your files. In recovery, wipe everything except sdcard. Flash the ROM and gapps. Or, you could just restore a nandroid.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

DroidZilla

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes we made a nandroid, but we can't get into any recovery screen. It either gets stuck in the blank screen emergency mode or the big flashing S screen. It has the cannibal recovery.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you boot to recovery by holding home, volume down, and power for 5 seconds while the phone is off?

DroidZilla

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It does something, but it goes to a blank screen, and just stays that way.

Also, when I press the sequence of buttons and connect it to the computer, it downloads all the drivers and whatnot, but it won't stay connected. Just keeps rebooting after rebooting after rebooting.

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You're in a boot loop. Unfortunately I have no idea how to help without being able to boot to either recovery or ROM. Do you have adb access?