GPS Causing Boot Loop?

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So it seems activating the GPS in my Optimus S is causing it to go into boot loop. I'd never read about this before (and the phone has behaved very well for years now).

It started last weekend when I tried to go from CM7 to Paranoid Android. After wiping/flashing, the phone was stuck in boot loop at the LG logo. So, I restored the Nandroid I had made, but that was stuck in boot loop too (it got past the LG logo to the CM7 logo, though)!

Ultimately, I couldn't get either to behave, so I had to use an even older Nandroid (from December). That one behaves properly, but it won't turn on the GPS. Settings-->Location has the GPS box checked, but all my apps tell me to go to Settings and turn on GPS. If I reset the phone - boot loop.

So, I had an even older Nandroid backup, and that one also works but the GPS if off. And if I turn on GPS? It resets itself and goes into boot loop.

I'm not sure what to do here - if it were a Windows PC, I'd reformat and reinstall the OS. Should I unroot and go back to stock, start all over?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd first try flashing a new rom, but then if that doesn't do anything, I'd flash back to stock rom and recovery, unroot, and go to a sprint store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power