android with regular service plan?

mriosj88

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i have a regular unlimited plan from tmobile without data service...

and would like to use my current plan with my old android instead of my little flip phone.

i need a data plan to use my android.

How can i get around this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure exactly, you might be able to use the current plan but then be limited to phone only.. No texts, internet, etc... That is if its even possible.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If the android has a sim card slot then no need to worry about switching phones. But you can always contact tmobile to have your phone flashed over.

Sent from my SPH-M820 using CTMod but still loving the Optimus S community

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have data, there are FREE calling and texting apps out there that you can use

Magic Jack
- you can make phone calls (outbound) over 3G or Wifi, but for someone to call you, its a little complicated. They've got to dial a 1800 number and enter a complicated number with astericks and things.. Call quality is pretty good.

TextPlus - texts are free, but you have to buy minutes or watch videos for calls. You can also call other people with the app for free as well.

GoogleVoice - texts free

Skype, Quik, etc. -
free calls to people with the app.. video calls not supported on LG Optimus S

I hope some of these apps helped. I use TextPlus for texts and MagicJack for calls on my iPad itself when I need to get ahold of someone without an iPod, iPhone, or iPad...