• 1 Post By upconvert
  • 2 Post By atrain2324
  • 1 Post By upconvert
  • 1 Post By Shinkenred
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Default Strange Force Closes...

A little help here: (let's try this again, I could've sworn I updated this...) Okay, so I basically had to give up and revert to ICS. Current ROM used: Oxygen. Seems to have been going smoothly, since I figured out how to get rid of the "process.acore" error messages. The default keyboard crashing, however, well...I simply got another one and got rid of the default Android Keyboard via TB; this took care of that.

Only problem now is an occasional "process.android.gapps" (or whatever the "process" type error involving GApps is) error popping up, and that's usually a "not responding" error. Any ideas as to why that happens and what can be done about it? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Shinkenred; 09-30-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Updated OP...again. B)

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Default Re: Strange Force Closes...

Just to be sure, you're doing a complete wipe between flashes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    This space intentionally left blank.
    o_O

ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Just to be sure, you're doing a complete wipe between flashes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    not just complete, but maybe even multiple times? I've read that some of the newer Optimi s/v have chewy flash memory which doesn't respond well to formatting or flashing, so you might have to format system,data,cache,boot multiple times each.
    if you want to verify if they're actually wiped (except for boot) you can mount them in recovery and use adb to "ls" each partition and make sure no files or folders show up except for lost and found.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Yes, I usually do complete wipes three times between flashes. It hasn't helped with ANY of those ROMs...and I can't comprehend why that is.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkenred View Post
    Yes, I usually do complete wipes three times between flashes. It hasn't helped with ANY of those ROMs...and I can't comprehend why that is.
    Are you using ext scripts? Have you tried re-partitioning your SD card or trying a different sdcard?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Are you using ext scripts? Have you tried re-partitioning your SD card or trying a different sdcard?
    The card's already been partitioned, and I hope to avoid having to attempt THAT again anytime soon with these library computers - I lost a LOT of stuff last time I had to do that and the damn time ran out on me. As for the scripts, it's A2SD++, does that help?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

The card's already been partitioned, and I hope to avoid having to attempt THAT again anytime soon with these library computers - I lost a LOT of stuff last time I had to do that and the damn time ran out on me. As for the scripts, it's A2SD++, does that help?
    Maybe you could try flashing without the script, or get a cheap SD card and try that.

I'm just thinking that if you get the same error across different roms, then it might be either a script that you use on all of them, or a hardware problem. The only hardware problem you can really test or fix easily is the sdcard.

Thanked by:
    Shinkenred likes this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Follow these steps to resolve your problem
    - Reset smartphone factory setting
    - Reset app preference
    - Update your app
    - Clear gmail storage data
    - clear app cache and data

You may find complete solutions of given steps from this presentation tutorial

I hope you will resolve you problem
    Shinkenred likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by gracebie View Post
    Follow these steps to resolve your problem
    - Reset smartphone factory setting
    - Reset app preference
    - Update your app
    - Clear gmail storage data
    - clear app cache and data

You may find complete solutions of given steps from this presentation tutorial

I hope you will resolve you problem
    Complete wipes (aka factory resets) haven't helped. Gmail currently isn't on my phone, and getting the app back via play store has been a pain. Doesn't help that the com.android.media process FC'ing makes the Play Store unusable. My apps are up to date, and clearing cache & Dalvik hasn't helped either.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Maybe you could try flashing without the script, or get a cheap SD card and try that.

I'm just thinking that if you get the same error across different roms, then it might be either a script that you use on all of them, or a hardware problem. The only hardware problem you can really test or fix easily is the sdcard.

Interesting idea...going to totally wipe the phone again and try flashing without the script. (Except the script is rather helpful to get all the apps I have onto the ext partition...)
    upconvert likes this.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Interesting idea...going to totally wipe the phone again and try flashing without the script. (Except the script is rather helpful to get all the apps I have onto the ext partition...)
    There's other cronmod scripts to try for ics roms, and obijohn (sp?) posted one in the jbc/pac thread. Of course before you go testing all of those, you need to see if it will run ok with no scripts.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Shinkenred likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

There's other cronmod scripts to try for ics roms, and obijohn (sp?) posted one in the jbc/pac thread. Of course before you go testing all of those, you need to see if it will run ok with no scripts.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah, except the ones I mentioned are all JB, not ICS. However it may well be the script; I wiped and reflashed CM10 without A2SD++. It worked perfectly except a few of my apps were missing as I no longer had the internal space. The instant I flash the script, everything gets screwier than ever...now GApps wants to FC all the time, as does the Themes. And worse yet, even Holo Launcher HD crashes a lot.

Sent from my X500 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Yeah, except the ones I mentioned are all JB, not ICS. However it may well be the script; I wiped and reflashed CM10 without A2SD++. It worked perfectly except a few of my apps were missing as I no longer had the internal space. The instant I flash the script, everything gets screwier than ever...now GApps wants to FC all the time, as does the Themes. And worse yet, even Holo Launcher HD crashes a lot.

Sent from my X500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sounds like an SD card showing signs of death. I had that happen on my last SD card...luckily SanDisk's lifetime warranty garnered me a brand-spanking new one within a week after filing my RMA claim.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Sounds like an SD card showing signs of death. I had that happen on my last SD card...luckily SanDisk's lifetime warranty garnered me a brand-spanking new one within a week after filing my RMA claim.
    ...a dying memory card!? Uh-oh. Well, I *have* had that 16GB critter for like four years now, so I guess its time IS almost up...well, that sucks. Guess I'll just have to replace it whenever I can.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

(updated OP)

ROM
    Cold as Ice

What clock speeds have you been using? Often you have to bump the Min speed upt to 480 for ics and jb roms.
    Shinkenred likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

What clock speeds have you been using? Often you have to bump the Min speed up to 480 for ics and jb roms.
    I usually go min600/max787 now; used to be 600/864.

And I think I should look into a different Cronmod script, just to be safe. Couldn't hurt, right?
    Last edited by Shinkenred; 09-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    upconvert likes this.