Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10

Woops! I have to figure out what the stock keyboard.apk's name is so I can delete it before adding the Xperia keyboard. Might be awhile, it's not plainly named as a input, text input or keyboard apk.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Tried to flash v2.2.2, but flash failed do to missing files. MD5 did not match. I downloaded again but it still shows a md5 mismatch.

Is this rom only for virgin mobile users or sprint phones as well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Its for both.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kirk1 View Post
    Tried to flash v2.2.2, but flash failed do to missing files. MD5 did not match.
    I'll double check, but considering the amount of people that already have successfully flashed the v2.2.2, it might be a problem with your internet service provider. If you are trying to download using 3G then the chances of corruption are higher.than not.
    EDIT: Just dowloaded v2.2.2 on the slowest WiFi network on the planet. MD5 sum matches.
    Problem must be on your end.

Last edited by AndyOpie150; 10-10-2013 at 08:34 AM.
    Thanked by:

Tried to flash v2.2.2 again. While verifying update package, it showed "E:Missing File: system/app/LiveWallpaperPicker.apk" and "E:signature verification failed Installation aborted." What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded to my pc, then copied it to the phone. I wiped caches and did a data wipe/factory reset before trying to flash. I have flashed many roms on other phones and have never seen this error before.

Posted md5: 054e424b7f11e182bdfe590d01426c82
    My md5: 054e424b7f11e182bdf5e90d01426c82

BTW, I am on android 2.2.2 ZVD rooted, if that matters.
    Last edited by Jim Kirk1; 10-10-2013 at 09:08 AM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

This ROM is just a MOD of the SlimRom, so ZVD baseband should work fine.
    What Gapps are you using? There have been a few who have had a problem with the SlimRom Gapps on the v2.2.2.
    Try the 20120511 oldvoicesearch Gapps.

Let me know what recovery you are using and the wipe and format procedure you are performing.

Tried to flash v2.2.2 again. While verifying update package, it showed "E:Missing File: system/app/LiveWallpaperPicker.apk" and "E:signature verification failed Installation aborted." What am I doing wrong?
    Sounds like you need a new recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm using the xionia cwma 1.2518.6 for my recovery. I have not been able to flash the gapps because I can't get bean_whiz to flash. Downloaded from 2 different isp's on 2 different computers and I always get an md5 mismatch on both bean_whiz and the oldgapps. I'm thinking it might be something to do with mediafile. I have never had an md5 mismatch on anything before, ever, and I've never downloaded anything from mediafile before. I have since dowonloaded and flashed slimrom, but no sound from front speaker and am on pac rom now. I wish I could try bean_whiz. BTW, does it have sound on the front speaker?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

So far you seem to be the only one having a problem with Mediafire. Have you tried downloading from McDonalds or The Library?
    One other thing. Xionia is slightly limited. Work-around:
    Wipe and format everything three times before flashing ROM and Gapps.
    After you have selected the "install zip from sd card" option, choose the "toogle signature verification" option. Bottom of the recovery screen should now say that signature verification is disabled.

Don't know why Xionia is this way and yet no need for this in any of the other recovery's.

Hope this has helped.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    So far you seem to be the only one having a problem with Mediafire. Have you tried downloading from McDonalds or The Library?
    One other thing. Xionia is slightly limited. Work-around:
    Wipe and format everything three times before flashing ROM and Gapps.
    After you have selected the "install zip from sd card" option, choose the "toogle signature verification" option. Bottom of the recovery screen should now say that signature verification is disabled.

Don't know why Xionia is this way and yet no need for this in any of the other recovery's.

Hope this has helped.
    I will try this later today. Thanks a bunch!

Ok, got it installed. I switched to Cannibal Open Touch Recovery and disabled verification. So far I'm loving this rom. It's clean and fast. Thank you for your work on this. I do have one small problem though, the volume, while making, and during a call is very low. Is there any fix for this? It's hard to hear unless the room I'm in is very quiet, and speaker phone is out of the question. Other than that, this is a great rom.
    Last edited by Jim Kirk1; 10-11-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

Woops! I have to figure out what the stock keyboard.apk's name is so I can delete it before adding the Xperia keyboard. Might be awhile, it's not plainly named as a input, text input or keyboard apk.

Hey Andy, i don't know if you found the .apk for the stock keyboard yet, i was poking around in the files and it looks like InputDevices.apk could be what your looking for, everything i seen in that file had all different languages, as well as English language for the keyboard and some other stuff about the keyboard, maybe check it out.

Hope this helps.

On another note, i see that Jim kirk 1 had trouble getting Md5 sums to match, well i downloaded all the files with very slow 3g without a problem, my Md5 sums matched but i'm a little hesitant to flash cause it took a long time to dl, i might wait until i get to a wifi hotspot just to be safe.

Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by badblue1__ View Post
    Hey Andy, i don't know if you found the .apk for the stock keyboard yet, i was poking around in the files and it looks like InputDevices.apk could be what your looking for, everything i seen in that file had all different languages, as well as English language for the keyboard and some other stuff about the keyboard, maybe check it out.

Hope this helps.

On another note, i see that Jim kirk 1 had trouble getting Md5 sums to match, well i downloaded all the files with very slow 3g without a problem, my Md5 sums matched but i'm a little hesitant to flash cause it took a long time to dl, i might wait until i get to a wifi hotspot just to be safe.
    I tried deleting that one already, still left the stock keyboard on the ROM. Thanks for trying though.

If the MD5 sum matches your good to go.
    I have downloaded several ROMs with only 3G in the past and as long as the MD5 sums matched there was no problem.
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 10-12-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I do have one small problem though, the volume, while making, and during a call is very low. Is there any fix for this? It's hard to hear unless the room I'm in is very quiet, and speaker phone is out of the question. Other than that, this is a great rom.
    Try downloading Volume Ace from the PlayStore. The app has to stay on the internal storage though.
    Thanked by:

Try downloading Volume Ace from the PlayStore. The app has to stay on the internal storage though.
    That helped, thank you. I've got good sound now with the phone up to my ear. Still no speaker phone function though, Any idea? I do know it's not a hardware problem.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I'll have to see if it's a bug in the SlimRom, in which case it would carry over to Bean_Whiz.
    Thanks for the heads up.

ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

Hey Andy, lovin the rom so far, i am using the launchesettings didn't try the theme yet, i'm still trying to figure out all these settings, i didn't realize that there were so many.

Just a couple quick questions 1, i can't find the camera, i'm sure it came with one 2,also i can't find the zoom control for the browser and 3,how do you make the bookmarks into list form instead of page form.

Sorry for all these questions, i'm sure i'll find the settings.

Thanks and great job, as soon as i find some of these settings i'll check out the theme!

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I just recently disscoverd that the SlimRom doesn't have a camera or video camera. The speaker phone doesn't work in the SlimRom either.
    I am working to resolve these problems.

Sorry about that badblue1.
    It is going to take a little while to resolve the issues, but they will get solved (I'm like a team of clydesdales being driven by a bloodhound when I am faced with a problem).

As far as the zoom controls in the stock browser (I deleted it from mine and just use Dolphin Browser),I will have to look into it (maybe have to add a better browser).

I seriously don't know anything about bookmarks, never really needed to use them.
    Maybe you could explain so I can look for a browser that does what you need it to do.
    Thanked by 2:
    badblue1__ likes this.

I just recently disscoverd that the SlimRom doesn't have a camera or video camera. The speaker phone doesn't work in the SlimRom either.

It is going to take a little while to resolve the issues, but they will get solved (I'm like a team of clydesdales being driven by a bloodhound when I am faced with a problem).

As far as the zoom controls in the stock browser (I deleted it from mine and just use Dolphin Browser),I will have to look into it (maybe have to add a better browser).

I seriously don't know anything about bookmarks, never really needed to use them.
    Maybe you could explain so I can look for a browser that does what you need it to do.
    Your work is much appreciated. After these are resolved, this rom will be perfect.
    badblue1__ likes this.

ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

I know how hard you work to get things perfect Andy and we really appreciate it, i'm just happy i read your post before i went and reflashed or screwed something up!
    No rush on the camera, i'm just glad it wasn't on my end.

I just switched to the touchwiz theme, man it's just beautiful, i absolutely love it.
    I've been foolin around with this rom since 9:00am and i gotta tell ya you did one helluva great job on puttin this together, my hat is off to you i'm certainly making this my daily driver!!!

Can't' THANK YOU enough!

Oh... the browser, no big deal it's probably a setting i'm overlooking, but when you press bookmarks it shows you little thumbnails instead of a list of url's that you could scroll down, sort of like going down a list.

Quote Originally Posted by badblue1__ View Post
    I know how hard you work to get things perfect Andy and we really appreciate it, i'm just happy i read your post before i went and reflashed or screwed something up!
    No rush on the camera, i'm just glad it wasn't on my end.

I just switched to the touchwiz theme, man it's just beautiful, i absolutely love it.
    I've been foolin around with this rom since 9:00am and i gotta tell ya you did one helluva great job on puttin this together, my hat is off to you i'm certainly making this my daily driver!!!

Can't' THANK YOU enough!

Oh... the browser, no big deal it's probably a setting i'm overlooking, but when you press bookmarks it shows you little thumbnails instead of a list of url's that you could scroll down, sort of like going down a list.
    I now have a working camera. I noticed I didn't have a Gallery2.apk file in my system/app folder. There is one in the Bean_Whiz rom though, but it didn't seem to get installed when I flashed Bean_Whiz. So, not knowing if the one in Bean_Whiz was good or not, I pulled the Gallery2.apk file from the SlimRom 3.1 Build4 and pushed it to my system/app folder and set permissions to rw-r-r- (0644) then rebooted. I then flashed the camerafix file posted in the SlimRom op. Now the camera works for both, pictures and video. Hope this helps!
    Thanked by 2:
    badblue1__ likes this.

Andy, check out Next Browser. I've been using it for sometime now on my other phone and really like it. Runs great on this rom too. I don't think you can view bookmarks in list form, but it's still a nice browser.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

Well, terrible terrible terrible, i was almost ready to make a backup of Bean_Whiz ,just about had everything setup the way i wanted until .....i granted LBE Privacy Gaurd Superuser permission. The phone went immediately to the boot screen and stayed there. I figured no problem as i was already using zengarden recovery, well i did the bootloop fix twice, but as soon as the phone reboots and LBE comes on right away saying your phone is protected, it immediately goes back to the boot screen. So then i tried with xonia, same thing, stuck on boot image!

So for now i'm running my backup of the MiRaGe Rom, thank God i made a backup!

@Jim Kirk 1 nice job on the camera fix, that's good to know.

So, it looks like i have to start all over again, (but not today, my eyes hurt, gettin old! )

Again, Andy, nice work and Thank you, i'll try again in a couple days.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I didn't know you used LBE Privacy guard.
    I really need to post things in the first post.
    LBE didn't work for me either. Did the same thing to me.
    I now use something even better that works great with this ROM. Android Tuner Free. You have to download and install a few extra things for it to work, but it explains what.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast