[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 12/03/2013

Your right. Picking a black taskbar and then picking a black signal icon (changing the color of a dark one to black) would make it almost impossible to see. It would still take up that space, just won't be able to see it.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

It was still running when I flashed back. The camera wasn't working, and the camera fix gave me a LG screen freeze. I'm going to try again in free time.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What phone and what baseband?
The camera fix is already included. Flashing thekravens camera fix on top of it will only make things worse.
Check the md5 sum of the downloaded ROM and Gapps zip before trying to flash. Also: Please follow all instructons in first post plus the one linked to in the first post.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Okaaaaaaaay. This is strange: the last couple of days, whenever I would want to reboot into recovery (and I mean from the power menu, select reboot, then select recovery, then select okay)...the phone would shut off normally, but upon turning back on, it simply boots NORMALLY instead of going into recovery. What gives?

Also, at one point, I finally had ALL my apps linked to the SD card...but now it's seemingly reverted back to certain ones NOT being linked. What gives?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Check your sd card. Transfer data to computer then format sd card partitions. Large partition to FAT32 and smaller partition to ext.4. Transfer data back.
That should solve problems.
Linux distro's allow you to see and transfer data on the ext.4 partition.
You will need to do some research for Windows.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(675474)

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Thank you AndyOpie for such a great ROM.

I followed the instructions but link2sd just kept giving me grief. It only moved part of the data on each app. I searched and played with different answers and found what i think is a better alternative: S2E.

a) i deleted/cleared everything on my phone
b) i created a 1GB ext partition
c) installed the ROM, the virgin fix, and the gapps then rebooted
d) went to the Play store and installed S2E (Simple2Ext). This script mounts /data to /sd-ext. I have everything (paid apps, private apps, app data, dalvik cache) pointing to /sd-ext

Now i have about 60 apps using close to 750MB of space yet /data is only 3%:

1387517302914.jpg

I don't have to worry about moving things back and forth, cleaning caches daily, etc. I just install any app i want and let it use as much cache as it needs. Android still sees the /data as being 179MB in size but reports a negative amount of usage space! The phone is fully functional and doesn't feel slow. It feels like the phone is brand new and modern. The only thing broken is the speakerphone.

If anybody has questions or needs helps i would be glad to assist.

Edwin

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site

I flashed with CronMod Int2Ext+ and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. 541MB free in internal, everything seems to run just fine. Apps are a little laggy sometimes, but that's probably more about the memory being dragged down by the OS.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Be very careful with the CronMod Int2Ext+ script. You can not download a terminal emulator with that script. It will auto install it to the ext partition on the sd card. If you try to flash a recovery with that terminal, it will bork your phones recovery partition so bad only fastboot commands will save it, and then only if you can boot into the bootloader.
That is why I took the other version of Bean_Whiz with the sd ext script out of the first post.
You would be better off with Link2SD which gives you more control over where an app goes.

Note: I still haven't seen a terminal emulator that will allow for it to be flashed in the ROM.zip without getting borked either.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha...Will do when I get a chance.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using AC Forums mobile app

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this on my spare phone and was surprised at how well it works! I haven't been able to test the radio because the phone is not activated but it's surprisingly fast and smooth. Nice work, Andy and Kraven! I used the recovery that you recommended and link2sd. /system is pretty full with 13% free and only a couple of apps installed and everything possible linked to sd.

And 4.4 will probably be even better, if you guys manage to work out the rest of the issues.

Here are a couple of things I noticed... MIT AI2 Companion crashes when I try to pair with the phone on this rom, but it works on mirage. The voice search seems to be working, but doesn't return the results for what was said. But if I use the voice input through touchpal, that seems to work. I did install the version of gapps that you recommended for voice search.

It's kind of nice having a spare Optimus V to experiment with! I contacted virgin and they said I can switch between phones myself online but if I have them do it for me, they charge $10. The ESN has been activated on a different virgin account previously, so I don't THINK it needs to be "activated" again - right? I think/hope I could switch between phones even though they are running cyanogenmod. Can anyone confirm this? Confirmed with virgin support - they said I can switch back and forth between two activated virgin phones as often as I wish by using the web form without charge.

Last edited:

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site

I haven't found a situation where I needed a terminal emulator or needed to flash a recovery from terminal. I should get better with Link2SD.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Does this by chance, work with squids kernel?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

It should work fine... I'd make a backup and try it.... I think I'll give it a shot later since I'm already on the rom right now.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't think it will. Make a back-up for sure and for certain, before trying to flash it.
Let me know how well it functions with this ROM. Curiosity has gotten
the better of me.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Once it's fully charged, i'll try it out with squids 3.0.8 beta3 kernel.
Hoping it helps with some of the lag I'm experiencing.
Oh, and another question: a while ago, on an earlier build(unsure of version) I was messing around with the start-up tweaks, and I think when I was messing with the sd boost settings, it completely borked out on me, everything began failing, and I think it led to my 32GB sdcard to lock up. Sometimes it reads, but only in file manager not in other apps(gallery, camera, music, etc). I've tried to format it, and wipe it clean, but no dice. Even tried to do a DoD 7pass format. So, my question is this, is my sdcard done for? Tired of this 4GB replacement.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for heads up.
I hate to say this, but, you can only use no more than 20% of the actual space available on the sd card for the partition. Any more will cause premature failure.
Link2SD and most sd ext scripts need a 1GB partition to function properly.
20% of 4GB is only 800MB. You probably only have 3.7GB actual space available.
You need at least an 8GB micro SD card.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I actually don't think it will. Make a back-up for sure and for certain, before trying to flash it.
Let me know how well it functions with this ROM. Curiosity has gotten
the better of me.

I just tried with beta3 and it didnt even make it to the slim rom animation.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I just tried with beta3 and it didnt even make it to the slim rom animation.

I installed beta2 and got it to work. beta3 should work as well, whatever was different in it was minor.
you need to flash the removecharger zip after the kernel.
something in the offline charging locks it up every time.
it was on my out-of-service phone but wifi worked.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for heads up.
I hate to say this, but, you can only use no more than 20% of the actual space available on the sd card for the partition. Any more will cause premature failure.
Link2SD and most sd ext scripts need a 1GB partition to function properly.
20% of 4GB is only 800MB. You probably only have 3.7GB actual space available.
You need at least an 8GB micro SD card.

Everything is functioning fine with my 4GB card with a ~480mb ext2 partition, using link2sd.
So I take it that nothing can be done about my 32GB card?
Also, about to test out the beta3, family holiday function took a bit longer than expected, so i'll report back momentarily with my results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12