[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 12/03/2013

md5 is in the recovery's thread.
Could you post the code you used to flash the reccery?

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded them as i couldn't find them for my life. I md5 checked them for once( Something I never did with the optimus, only on my N7). I flashed the recovery-th7.img with the free version of flash image gui from xda.

Sent from my LG-LS860 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Rename the recovery to trecovery.img.
Make sure it is on the root of the sd card.
/sdcard
Download a terminal emulator from the PlayStore. It needs to stay on the internal storage.
Open terminal and type in:
Code:
su
Select OK
If you loose the keyboard just hit the menu button and select to toggle soft keyboard.
Now type in:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
Hit the enter key. You should get a #
Now type in:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/trecovery.img
You should now get a stream of code followed by a #.
If now error codes in the stream of code then type in:
Code:
reboot recovery
Note: Spaces are critical.
If you still get a blank screen then your recovedy partition is borked. We will need to use fastboot commands to wipe and flash a recovery.

Last edited:

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Rename the recovery to trecovery.img.
Make sure it is on the root of the sd card.
/sdcard
Download a terminal emulator from the PlayStore. It needs to stay on the internal storage.
Open terminal and type in:
Code:
su
[/code
Select OK
If you loose the keyboard just hit the menu button and select to toggle soft keyboard.
Now type in:
[code]
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
Hit the enter key. You should get a #
Now type in:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/trecovery.img
You should now get a stream of code followed by a #.
If now error codes in the stream of code then type in:
Code:
reboot recovery
If you still get a blank screen then your recovedy partition is borked. We will need to use fastboot commands to wipe and flash a recovery.

If a blank screen means borked recovery, then it's happened a few times. I have never had to use fast boot to wipe it. Just flash a different recovery and go. And I had no problem flashing the recovery after md5 checking.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

The supplied kernel is still the best. You can also try bigsupersquids kernel.
Once everything settles in and tightens up, battery life is as good as any gingerbread ROM.
Usually just a few days of letting the battery get just below 20% and then fully recharging to 100% works best to get the best battery off charge times.

Posted via Android Central App

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

@AndyOpie150, last night, I had my O.S. on the charger. I have it on BeanWizz. I know the charger was all they way plugged in and all the way in the optimus as well. I left it on and it is showing 97%.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

No worries. It just takes a while for the battery stats to build up. Two to three days of doing as mentioned my last post will help, but could take a week.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

AndieOpie: I'd love to try this ROM but the lack of speaker-phone is a show-stopper for me. May I assume that it's still not working and that if you ever get it fixed, you'll note that in the OP?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Andy loving the ROM just flashed it last night. Very nice work my friend. Couple of quick questions, do the keyboards support text to speech? Can't seem to locate the Mic anywhere. Also navigation seems a little choppy though 100% functional, have you observed this as well? Neither issue is a deal breaker for me this is too nice. Have all my apps and still have 75mb left and absolutely love the touch wizz theme.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Andy loving the ROM just flashed it last night. Very nice work my friend. Couple of quick questions, do the keyboards support text to speech? Can't seem to locate the Mic anywhere. Also navigation seems a little choppy though 100% functional, have you observed this as well? Neither issue is a deal breaker for me this is too nice. Have all my apps and still have 75mb left and absolutely love the touch wizz theme.
most keyboards with voice need google voice search installed from market and the setting enabled in the specific keyboard's settings.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks I kept the Experia keyboard and got rid of AOSP one but seems the one I kept does not have the option, or I least I cannot enable it somehow. Question for you BigSuperSquid, does the kernel in this Rom work with crossbreeder? I installed it but it kept doing an android update at boot every time. I think this kernel has entropy fixes built in and must be it does not play well with crossbreeder.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

kernel has frandom built in just for crossbreeder. it has worked on every rom with 3.08 kernel i've tried it on.
clean install rom, reboot, reboot into recovery, mount system and data, flash crossbreeder and then gapps, reboot
the 'android update' means it's rebuilding the dalek-cache (er, dalvik-cache, sorry BBC) which crossbreeder forces by formatting it when it's flashed.
gingerbread-era swype beta voice works, aosp keyboard voice does not. dunno bout experia.
Thanks I kept the Experia keyboard and got rid of AOSP one but seems the one I kept does not have the option, or I least I cannot enable it somehow. Question for you BigSuperSquid, does the kernel in this Rom work with crossbreeder? I installed it but it kept doing an android update at boot every time. I think this kernel has entropy fixes built in and must be it does not play well with crossbreeder.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

kernel has frandom built in just for crossbreeder. it has worked on every rom with 3.08 kernel i've tried it on.
clean install rom, reboot, reboot into recovery, mount system and data, flash crossbreeder and then gapps, reboot
the 'android update' means it's rebuilding the dalek-cache (er, dalvik-cache, sorry BBC) which crossbreeder forces by formatting it when it's flashed.
gingerbread-era swype beta voice works, aosp keyboard voice does not. dunno bout experia.

Ok major thanks, I really like crossbreeder and would like to use it here. Since I am VM does it matter what order I flash the virgin fix? AndieOpie recommends before Gapps so I'm assuming the steps would be clean install+VM fix then do as you suggest.
Thanks in advance

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone experimented with overclocking and if so what best settings are? I tried interactiveX with 480/729 and that does seem to be the best combination. When I tried 806/122 it FC frequently. If I tried 729/122 then higher frequencies would not be used as much but cpu entered into deep sleep even less. Also does anyone know which governors to use? There are 10 of them to choose from, Msm7k, scary, savaged zen and on and on..lastly what is recommended for "kernel controls" under performance settings? Coming from Harmonia 2.09 this is a bit overwhelming.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

You first guess was correct. This is where you will get the best battery off charge times and performance.
The governors dictate how the kernel ramps up and back down. The min is where the phone idles, so never go beyound 480. 480 is best for any max setting above 600.
Other than that, make a backup and play around with governors. I wouldn't suggest messing with kernel.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

You first guess was correct. This is where you will get the best battery off charge times and performance.
The governors dictate how the kernel ramps up and back down. The min is where the phone idles, so never go beyound 480. 480 is best for any max setting above 600.
Other than that, make a backup and play around with governors. I wouldn't suggest messing with kernel.
Thanks Andy. Tried a few of the governors on for size, did not like the "scary" because made the transitions laggy at least at 720/122. I may try again at the suggested 480 min. The smartassv2 seems to work really well with 729/122 setting balancing out different frequencies nicely. I am used to the Mirage kernel which could handle 806/122 all day without a glitch and go into deep sleep at the drop of the hat, so I was trying to replicate that. Also I did flash crossbreeder so not sure if that does anything to scaling. Otherwise awesome job on the Rom its my new daily driver, don't think I can ever go back to cm7 based as this is just so much smoother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke