Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #151  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 10/14/2013

It's seems like you have a bad download. Is your internet conection slow? Are you trying to download with 3G?
    Go to CNET Downloads and download a MD5 checker if using Windows to download.
    If using phone go to MacDonalds or someplace with free WiFi. Download AFV (Android File Verifier) from the PlayStore.

Make sure the MD5 sum matches before you attempt to flash.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #152  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkenred View Post
    Strange. The original SlimBean didn't have this problem. I'd go get Link2SD from the Play Store, but now the Play Store on my Optimus has stopped working...it starts to load up and then it just crashes without even giving the annoying "Unfortunately, (insert app here) has stopped." error message...though about 20% of the time, it WILL give that error. (Hangouts crashes upon boot, so I'm guessing that this may have something to do with it...)
    Just the way it has been once I put all the theme, launcher elements into the ROM. I don't have any reason to just move anything to the SD card. Link2SD actually links your apps, which make them open faster.
    I think Link2SD (or something close to it) is the only way to go with this ROM.
    You must have at least an 8GB SD card for Link2SD to function properly (this is because you can only use no more than 20% of the actual space available on the SD card for the partition, and Link2SD needs 1-1.5GB partition).

Quote Originally Posted by tomwrn8 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I read through everything you mentioned. As for updating apps, that's not an issue b'c i dont even get far enough to put apps on. after a clean install, i notice that the phone won't charge and stop there.

I always format the boot, cache, data and system (under mounts/storage), but hesitate on the SD ext b/c i'm afraid that it will erase the roms on the SD.

My SD card is formatted with three partitions: Data, Apps and swap. Which of those is deleted when i format sd-ext? Which is visible to Windows (where i drop files onto the card)? I made the mistake before of formatting the card and no longer having a backup or rom to restore from.

I just noticed that when I "wipe data/factory reset" - which i always do, it formats data,cache,system and sd-ext. do i still need to manually do it under mounts and storage, or is that redundant?
    As for the non-charging issue, could it be the kernel to blame? Can I flash a new one with the new rom? I'm not sure how that works.

Thanks for your continued assistance. Tom
    I have not tried this ROM yet, so this is generic advise, but this is how I handle sd card formatting. When you download the ROM, put it on your computer, not the phone. Then, in your recovery, you can completely repartition and reformat your SD card. This solves/precludes many problem - you want to start with a fresh slate. Once you have wiped and formatted everything, you can use the recovery to make the sd card storage available on your computer - in my recovery, it's called "USB-MS toggle". Then, on the computer, you copy the ROM file and the GAPPS file onto the phone's sd card into a directory that you create and name whatever you want - "install", "local", "mystuff", etc. Now you eject the phone from the computer, push the button in recovery to get out of the usb-ms menu, and you can flash your ROM. It's in the directory you copied it to. This phone does not use cache on the sd card, so just create one FAT partition and one EXT partition. Remember that you can always use your recovery boot to get files onto and off your sd card. You can also do a full backup of your phone in the recovery and copy the backups onto your computer using USB-MS, as above.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Just the way it has been once I put all the theme, launcher elements into the ROM. I don't have any reason to just move anything to the SD card. Link2SD actually links your apps, which make them open faster.
    I think Link2SD (or something close to it) is the only way to go with this ROM.
    You must have at least an 8GB SD card for Link2SD to function properly (this is because you can only use no more than 20% of the actual space available on the SD card for the partition, and Link2SD needs 1-1.5GB partition).
    Well, my SD card is 16GB with a 1GB partition, so that shouldn't be a problem. Except Play Store on my Optimus isn't working, so I can't go get it. (And since the phone won't connect to it, trying to go on the internet version and do it from a computer is out as well.)

ROM
    MiRaGe *PurePerformance*

Does this file have a 3g fix built in? Or do you think it will help my 3g problems?
    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #156  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Yes and yes.

With my bad memory the only way I can kept track of my updates is to give them a alpha designation on the end.
    The C is for the intergrated camera fix, the X is for the xperia keyboard, the 3GPS is for the 3G and GPS fix.
    This version is just a test release. If it improves 3G for you considering you lack there of, it should drastically improve everybody's. The GPS fix needs to be tested as well if you can please.

Once I know the 3G and GPS fixes work I'll drop the CX on the actuall release.
    Thanked by:
    badblue1__ likes this.

yaconsult: thanks for the advice. I will try that the next time i flash a rom. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

bigsupersquid: thanks for the instructions. I will do that when i next flash the rom.

Has anyone else experienced bad battery ? I close all apps at night and after a 7 hour standby it drops 30 % .

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by Anino4 View Post
    Has anyone else experienced bad battery ? I close all apps at night and after a 7 hour standby it drops 30 % .

Gingerbread, Jellybean & Ice Cream Sandwich in general are memory intensive and power intensive. They chew through battery like candy. (My ex has an Optimus G and her battery barely survives the day if she doesn't have her charger on hand...and that runs ICS out the box with an OTA update to JB waiting) Which was why I got into rooting and ROMs to begin with...that update to ZVJ & Gingerbread was pure MURDER on my battery!!!

Depending on what I do, however, I can get anywhere from 2 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours out of a full charge out of my Optimus S...and that's with a battery that's about to need replacing. This has been the case with CM9, CM10, SlimBean, The JBC, and even this. But I've noticed that sometimes, if I just let it sit there in sleep mode, it actually REGAINS some juice. I've had it go from just about dead (like from 5-15%) to around 30-40%...by itself. That said, one thing that should help your energy consumption is to switch your phone to Airplane Mode at night - remember, these things eat up more juice FINDING a signal than actually maintaining it. Unless, of course, you get calls or messages during the night.

AndyOpie150, my device is going BONKERS here...seems like NONE of the GApps want to work!! Play Store crashes outright, Gmail works for a while then crashes, Hangouts crashes outright...I've tried reflashing the SlimBean GApps, but to no avail...don't tell me I'm gonna have to wipe everything and reflash everything AGAIN (meaning having to reinstall everything AGAIN)...
    Last edited by Shinkenred; 11-08-2013 at 04:15 PM.

If I put it on airplane mode will i receive the messages after i turn it off or will they never come thru ?

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

If I put it on airplane mode will i receive the messages after i turn it off or will they never come thru ?
    That's an interesting question. Texts MAY still come in, but you more than likely would need to switch back out of airplane mode to actually get'em.

It's seems like you have a bad download. Is your internet conection slow? Are you trying to download with 3G?
    Go to CNET Downloads and download a MD5 checker if using Windows to download.
    If using phone go to MacDonalds or someplace with free WiFi. Download AFV (Android File Verifier) from the PlayStore.

Make sure the MD5 sum matches before you attempt to flash.
    Yep that was indeed my problem! I do remember I was on 3g before. So I went home, got on my WiFi and 're downloaded. It's now up and running on my phone ty for your help.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #164  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

It will get better as the battery stats get built up. Takes anywhere from a week to a week and a half.

I have everything turned off, everything. WiFi, 3G, GPS,Bluetooth, Auto Sync (I use Periodic Auto Sync to set up specific times and duration of sync), etc. I only turn on something when I need it.
    I have had this version on my phone for a while now and whatever the battery level is at when I go to bed, thats what it is at when I wake up.

If you are still having problems after a couple of weeks then it's a bad app that's causing the battery drain (causing a wake lock).
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

a perhaps not so amusing side note:
    lg thunderc battery holds a wake lock.
    it would have to be patched to match the thunderg battery, which uses a different rpc entirely and won't talk with the battery chip, to allow deep sleep in 3.08 kernel it looks like.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 11-09-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MiRaGe *PurePerformance*

Hey Andy, do you have the md5 sum for this.zip file, i downloaded it today, it took 35 minutes, 3g is extremely slow today.

Geez it took forever to get here to post! ,and that's with running MiRaGe!

EDIT : ..... never mind, i see it's the same as the one on page 1.
    Last edited by badblue1__; 11-09-2013 at 01:17 PM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #167  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkenred View Post
    AndyOpie150, my device is going BONKERS here...seems like NONE of the GApps want to work!! Play Store crashes outright, Gmail works for a while then crashes, Hangouts crashes outright...I've tried reflashing the SlimBean GApps, but to no avail...don't tell me I'm gonna have to wipe everything and reflash everything AGAIN (meaning having to reinstall everything AGAIN)...
    Well....should I just hint at the possibility then.
    All the problems anybody is experiencing (if they wiped and formatted everything properly and followed my install guide to letter) is usually due to an app. Weather it is the wrong version for the ROM (restored from an ICS or lower ROM), moved to the SD card in the normal fashion (not linked), or just a bad app.
    I have a V made on either Monday or Friday because it's quality is way down there.
    I had some problems right at first, but once I cleaned up my apps and let my battery stats build up, I wouldn't use any other ROM.
    I also try not to turn power off, unless trying to flash a ROM.
    Had this V for almost 2 and a half years and don't turn it off unless I'm flashing a new ROM.

ROM
    MiRaGe *PurePerformance*

Sooo ...Andy, are you saying, if i don't link my apps using links2sd, that i will have problems with this rom, because as you know i'm still using the original 2gb sd card?

Is it even worth my time flashing this rom, or will i always have problems due to the lack of links2sd?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #169  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I didn't know you still had the stock SD card.
    Yes, I think you will have problems. Depends on how many apps you move to the SD card and what apps are moved to it.
    Sorry about that.
    I think you should stick with the MiRaGe until you can get an 8GB or larger SD card.

Thanked by:

Hey my camera doesn't focus well its always red not green .. is there a fix for this ?

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #171  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Hey my camera doesn't focus well its always red not green .. is there a fix for this ?

What phone do you have?
    What baseband is it?
    Did you check the MD5 sum before you flashed it?
    Did you move any apps to the main FAT32 SD card partition?
    Are you using the stock camera app or a one from PlayStore?

I have the optimus s , zvd . I don't even know what md5 sum is and no I haven't, all on the ext partition I made . I'm using the stock 4.3 apk camera but 4.1.2 didn't work either

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #173  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I have the optimus s , zvd . I don't even know what md5 sum is and no I haven't, all on the ext partition I made . I'm using the stock 4.3 apk camera but 4.1.2 didn't work either

Go here: CNET Downloads/MD5-Checker

Go to the first post in this thread and copy the MD5 sum for the ROM and Gapps. Use the MD5 Checker app to see if the MD5 sum of the Downloads matches the MD5 sum from the first post. If they don't, download ROM and Gapps again.

If they do match, let me know I'll try to figure it out why the focus is messed up.
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 11-12-2013 at 12:11 AM.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #174  

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

all on the ext partition I made . Posted via Android Central App
    How did you make the partition?
    What size SD card do you have?
    What size did you make the partition?
    What is it formatted to, FAT32, ext.2, ext.3, or ext.4?

I've downloaded and flashed the ROM many times switching between many ROMs like cm9 . Every time the camera preview is grainy like a movie theater screen and never focuses well .

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast