[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10

Try downloading Volume Ace from the PlayStore. The app has to stay on the internal storage though.

That helped, thank you. I've got good sound now with the phone up to my ear. Still no speaker phone function though, Any idea? I do know it's not a hardware problem.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to see if it's a bug in the SlimRom, in which case it would carry over to Bean_Whiz.
Thanks for the heads up.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey Andy, lovin the rom so far, i am using the launchesettings didn't try the theme yet, i'm still trying to figure out all these settings, i didn't realize that there were so many.

Just a couple quick questions 1, i can't find the camera, i'm sure it came with one 2,also i can't find the zoom control for the browser and 3,how do you make the bookmarks into list form instead of page form.

Sorry for all these questions, i'm sure i'll find the settings.

Thanks and great job, as soon as i find some of these settings i'll check out the theme! :)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I just recently disscoverd that the SlimRom doesn't have a camera or video camera. The speaker phone doesn't work in the SlimRom either.
I am working to resolve these problems.

Sorry about that badblue1.
It is going to take a little while to resolve the issues, but they will get solved (I'm like a team of clydesdales being driven by a bloodhound when I am faced with a problem).

As far as the zoom controls in the stock browser (I deleted it from mine and just use Dolphin Browser),I will have to look into it (maybe have to add a better browser).

I seriously don't know anything about bookmarks, never really needed to use them.
Maybe you could explain so I can look for a browser that does what you need it to do.

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I just recently disscoverd that the SlimRom doesn't have a camera or video camera. The speaker phone doesn't work in the SlimRom either.

It is going to take a little while to resolve the issues, but they will get solved (I'm like a team of clydesdales being driven by a bloodhound when I am faced with a problem).

As far as the zoom controls in the stock browser (I deleted it from mine and just use Dolphin Browser),I will have to look into it (maybe have to add a better browser).

I seriously don't know anything about bookmarks, never really needed to use them.
Maybe you could explain so I can look for a browser that does what you need it to do.

Your work is much appreciated. After these are resolved, this rom will be perfect.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I know how hard you work to get things perfect Andy and we really appreciate it, i'm just happy i read your post before i went and reflashed or screwed something up!
No rush on the camera, i'm just glad it wasn't on my end.

I just switched to the touchwiz theme, man it's just beautiful, i absolutely love it.
I've been foolin around with this rom since 9:00am and i gotta tell ya you did one helluva great job on puttin this together, my hat is off to you i'm certainly making this my daily driver!!!

Can't' THANK YOU enough!:p

Oh... the browser, no big deal it's probably a setting i'm overlooking, but when you press bookmarks it shows you little thumbnails instead of a list of url's that you could scroll down, sort of like going down a list.

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I know how hard you work to get things perfect Andy and we really appreciate it, i'm just happy i read your post before i went and reflashed or screwed something up!
No rush on the camera, i'm just glad it wasn't on my end.

I just switched to the touchwiz theme, man it's just beautiful, i absolutely love it.
I've been foolin around with this rom since 9:00am and i gotta tell ya you did one helluva great job on puttin this together, my hat is off to you i'm certainly making this my daily driver!!!

Can't' THANK YOU enough!:p

Oh... the browser, no big deal it's probably a setting i'm overlooking, but when you press bookmarks it shows you little thumbnails instead of a list of url's that you could scroll down, sort of like going down a list.

I now have a working camera. I noticed I didn't have a Gallery2.apk file in my system/app folder. There is one in the Bean_Whiz rom though, but it didn't seem to get installed when I flashed Bean_Whiz. So, not knowing if the one in Bean_Whiz was good or not, I pulled the Gallery2.apk file from the SlimRom 3.1 Build4 and pushed it to my system/app folder and set permissions to rw-r-r- (0644) then rebooted. I then flashed the camerafix file posted in the SlimRom op. Now the camera works for both, pictures and video. Hope this helps!

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Andy, check out Next Browser. I've been using it for sometime now on my other phone and really like it. Runs great on this rom too. I don't think you can view bookmarks in list form, but it's still a nice browser.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Well, terrible terrible terrible, i was almost ready to make a backup of Bean_Whiz ,just about had everything setup the way i wanted until .....i granted LBE Privacy Gaurd Superuser permission. The phone went immediately to the boot screen and stayed there. I figured no problem as i was already using zengarden recovery, well i did the bootloop fix twice, but as soon as the phone reboots and LBE comes on right away saying your phone is protected, it immediately goes back to the boot screen. So then i tried with xonia, same thing, stuck on boot image!

So for now i'm running my backup of the MiRaGe Rom, thank God i made a backup!

@Jim Kirk 1 nice job on the camera fix, that's good to know.

So, it looks like i have to start all over again, (but not today, my eyes hurt, gettin old! )

Again, Andy, nice work and Thank you, i'll try again in a couple days. :p

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I didn't know you used LBE Privacy guard.
I really need to post things in the first post.
LBE didn't work for me either. Did the same thing to me.
I now use something even better that works great with this ROM. Android Tuner Free. You have to download and install a few extra things for it to work, but it explains what.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I now have a working camera. I noticed I didn't have a Gallery2.apk file in my system/app folder. There is one in the Bean_Whiz rom though, but it didn't seem to get installed when I flashed Bean_Whiz. So, not knowing if the one in Bean_Whiz was good or not, I pulled the Gallery2.apk file from the SlimRom 3.1 Build4 and pushed it to my system/app folder and set permissions to rw-r-r- (0644) then rebooted. I then flashed the camerafix file posted in the SlimRom op. Now the camera works for both, pictures and video. Hope this helps!
Hmmm?
It's the same Gallery2.apk thats in the SlimROM 3.1 Build4. Don't know why it didn't load. My work is never done.
Thanks for reminding me about the Camera Fix. I had so much on my mind I totally forgot.
Will post that info in first post and will work on getting the Gallery2.apk to work.
Thanks for the help.

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Well, terrible terrible terrible, i was almost ready to make a backup of Bean_Whiz ,just about had everything setup the way i wanted until .....i granted LBE Privacy Gaurd Superuser permission. The phone went immediately to the boot screen and stayed there. I figured no problem as i was already using zengarden recovery, well i did the bootloop fix twice, but as soon as the phone reboots and LBE comes on right away saying your phone is protected, it immediately goes back to the boot screen. So then i tried with xonia, same thing, stuck on boot image!

So for now i'm running my backup of the MiRaGe Rom, thank God i made a backup!

@Jim Kirk 1 nice job on the camera fix, that's good to know.

So, it looks like i have to start all over again, (but not today, my eyes hurt, gettin old! )

Again, Andy, nice work and Thank you, i'll try again in a couple days. :p

Sorry to hear about your bootloop. I've been there and done that, having something almost ready to backup, then, BAM! BTW, read some of the reviews on LBE Privacy Gaurd on Play Store, and you're not alone. Some other people have had bootloops caused by that app too.

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm?
It's the same Gallery2.apk thats in the SlimROM 3.1 Build4. Don't know why it didn't load. My work is never done.
Thanks for reminding me about the Camera Fix. I had so much on my mind I totally forgot.
Will post that info in first post and will work on getting the Gallery2.apk to work.
Thanks for the help.

It might have been just a glitch on my end with it not showing up in the system/app folder after flashing the rom, but either way, there was no camera in the app drawer. This is one nice rom though. I love it. BTW, no rush, but have you had any thoughts on the speaker phone problem? Thanks again.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

It might have been just a glitch on my end with it not showing up in the system/app folder after flashing the rom, but either way, there was no camera in the app drawer. This is one nice rom though. I love it. BTW, no rush, but have you had any thoughts on the speaker phone problem? Thanks again.

The camera.apk was also in my system /app folder, don't understand why it didn't flash? I looked threw the Bean_Whiz files before i deleted it from my sd card, sure enough it was there.

No rush on the fixes Andy, take your time. :p

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

OK!. Everything I broke I have fixed with the help of thekraven.
I have deleted the ICS gapps and have included the voice search in the Slim_Gapps2.
Included a working search bar widget (still have the none working one as well till I figure what is called so I can delete it). Just pick the first search bar widget in the widget section.
I have included the Xperia Keyboard (left the aosp in as well).
I included the camera fix from thekraven into the ROM in case some have a problem flashing the camera_fix.zip.
The Browser now has pinch zoom working again, not sure about the bookmarks though.

Will upload the Slim_Gaps2-oldvoicesearch.zip and the Bean_Whiz-CM10.v2.2.2x tomorow afternoon.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Links to new upgraded versions have now been posted in first post.
Everything should work but the Speaker Phone (Sorry about that Jim Kirk1).
Will continue to make improvements (that includes finding a solution to the Speaker Phone bug).
Working on getting faster 3G connections and possible faster GPS fixes at the moment.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Need testers for a Bean_Whiz with GPS and 3G tweaks for faster 3G connections and faster GPS fixes. Let me know so I can upload to Mediafire account if there is some interest.

Tester need to record 5 tests with the Speed Test app with the current ROM/MOD/Theme and using 3G. Then throw out the high and low and average out the remaining 3 tests. Then install version 2.2.1CX3GPS or version 2.2.2CX3GPS and perform the same tests.

GPS tests should be performed with GPS Test app or GPS Status and Toolbox (I was counting the amount of flashes on the GPS icon as seconds) . Same amount of tests as above, but record the time it takes from the time you open up the app to GPS lock. Then average the 3 remaining times. Also record how many satellites are fixed.

I have no 3G service so I really need feedback.

Last edited:

Jim Kirk1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Need testers for a Bean_Whiz with GPS and 3G tweaks for faster 3G connections and faster GPS fixes. Let me know so I can upload to Mediafire account if there is some interest.

Tester need to record 5 tests with the Speed Test app with the current ROM/MOD/Theme and using 3G. Then throw out the high and low and average out the remaining 3 tests. Then install version 2.2.1CX3GPS or version 2.2.2CX3GPS and perform the same tests.

GPS tests should be performed with GPS Status app (I was counting the amount of flashes on the GPS icon as seconds) . Same amount of tests as above, but record the time it takes from the time you open up the app to GPS lock. Then average the 3 remaining times. Also record how many satellites are fixed.

I have no 3G service so I really need feedback.
The GPS tests I performed gave me a GPS lock average in 27 seconds, with average of 6 satellites fixed.

I would love to help, but I too have no 3G service. I am only WIFI . BTW, your latest update is running smooth. Love the Xperia Keyboard.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 10/14/2013

The only issue that i had was space aside that this ROM is a beast

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 10/14/2013

All thanks should be directed to thekraven for the ROM itself.
To combat the space issue I like to use the v2.2.2CX with Link2SD (I just like to have more control over all apps, downloaded and system) . I also use it to delete those system apps I don't need like the AOSP keyboard (haven't figured out what it's apk name is yet so I can't delete from the zip), the file manager (I use Root Explorer), and the E-Mail app (I like to download the GMail app and link it using Link2SD)
I also use Fast Reboot from the PlayStore to help me safely regain RAM when it gets below 100MB. It closes all apps, then only opens those that are designed to run in the background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37