[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10

Need testers for a Bean_Whiz with GPS and 3G tweaks for faster 3G connections and faster GPS fixes. Let me know so I can upload to Mediafire account if there is some interest.

Tester need to record 5 tests with the Speed Test app with the current ROM/MOD/Theme and using 3G. Then throw out the high and low and average out the remaining 3 tests. Then install version 2.2.1CX3GPS or version 2.2.2CX3GPS and perform the same tests.

GPS tests should be performed with GPS Test app or GPS Status and Toolbox (I was counting the amount of flashes on the GPS icon as seconds) . Same amount of tests as above, but record the time it takes from the time you open up the app to GPS lock. Then average the 3 remaining times. Also record how many satellites are fixed.

I have no 3G service so I really need feedback.

I"ll test for you..send it over if you still need testers

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Will have to upload to Mediafire account tomorrow (internet here is to slow, need to go to library). Will leave link in a PM to you.
Once you have v2.2.1CX3GPS or v2.2.2CX3GPs installed and setup properly go to the menu/settings/performance/Start-Up Tweaks. Enable start-up tweaks. Enable sysctl.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Will have to upload to Mediafire account tomorrow (internet here is to slow, need to go to library). Will leave link in a PM to you.
Once you have v2.2.1CX3GPS or v2.2.2CX3GPs installed and setup properly go to the menu/settings/performance/Start-Up Tweaks. Enable start-up tweaks. Enable sysctl.

should i do that now...im up and running now, with the occasional rr...should i ovc and what should i do 600/480

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I haven't gotten crazy with the Governor or the overclocking just yet. It seems pretty stable with the InteractiveX governor with the CPU speed set at 480MHz min - 729MHz max.
Sure why not make the tests in the CX version before I upload the CX3GPS version to you.

The current sysctl config file is empty, so no need to in the CX version.

ppossumm

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I like this ROM so far. Thanks.
I have a little problem- I was tweaking my settings and my drop down notifications menu disappeared on me. It is visible from the lock screen but not any of the home screens. Help?
Screenshot_2013-10-21-16-10-46.png
-Cheers

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
In the power menu, Select the Expand Desktop option. This will disable it. To enable it, just select again.
You can also add another shortcut icon in the icon tray at the bottom of the screen. I got rid of People (contacts are also included in Phone app) and replaced with the Messaging app. I then added the Fast Reboot app because it is needed more often than most (safely shuts down all running apps and only re-opens those that are designed to run in the background, thus freeing up more RAM). This is a very important and useful app with any ICS or Jellybean ROM.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 10/14/2013

Two things. First, what's the clock widget in your first screenshot, and why isn't it in the Widget tab in the App Drawer? (In fact, there's NOTHING in the Widget tab in the App Drawer.) And second, the ROM has gone nuts...it reboots itself CONSTANTLY. SlimBean didn't do it this much...which is odd, because BobZhome's CM10 actually DID reboot like mad.

Sent from my X500 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

What phone do you have? What baseband is it? What recovery do you have? What all did you wipe and format before flashing the ROM and Gapps? What version of Bean_Whiz did you use? What version of the SlimRom_Gapps2 did you use?
It doesn't seem like you did everything as you should have, or you would have widgets, and it wouldn't be messing up. Did You restore more than just apps and their data?

The more info you give me the better able I will be to get it straightened out for you.

Sorry about that. Old pic that I hadn't replaced with new pic.
The Clock widget in the pic is actually from a KP500 ROM that I was checking out to possibly port over (It had a Galaxy S4 theme as well). Seem to work fine and it allowed me to pick 3 different time zone to display. I had thought about including it in Bean_Whiz, but had to delete that app and stick with just the stock clock widget to save space on the system (The ROM takes up all but about 10MB of the system).

Last edited:

kingseanrocks

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I wish i still had my ov this rom looks awesome good job andy

Sent from my SCH-M828C using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So, now that the 3.0.8 kernel is stable, anyone with this wanna try it out? It is a JB kernel after all.
don't forget the removecharger.zip, or you may bootloop because of the offline charging binary.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I'll give it a try. Been itching to for a while, just waiting for you to figure out battery charging/stats bugs. If you say it's stable I'm all over it.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

it's fastcharge enabled now, too. I need testers for that cause my usb ports won't even push the 500 mA I had it set to by default.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

AndyOpie150 said:
What phone do you have?
LG Optimus S, purple version

AndyOpie150 said:
What baseband is it?
ZVD

AndyOpie150 said:
What recovery do you have?
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6, to be precise
AndyOpie150 said:
What all did you wipe and format before flashing the ROM and Gapps?
...standard process from recovery: "factory reset" x3, dalvik x3 (just to be clear)
AndyOpie150 said:
What version of Bean_Whiz did you use?
v2.2.2 (NOT the recently updated one with the Xperia keyboard & camera fix (2.2.2CX); but the previous one)
AndyOpie150 said:
What version of the SlimRom_Gapps2 did you use?
The only one that was on the SlimROM page: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading Slim_Gapps2.zip
AndyOpie150 said:
It doesn't seem like you did everything as you should have, or you would have widgets, and it wouldn't be messing up. Did You restore more than just apps and their data?
Nope. Just apps+data. Hell, even then I can't get *all* my apps back. And this is despite using A2SD++. Runs out of space despite showing that there's plenty of internal space available, and for some that would've got restored, they won't install because of some lame "There is a problem parsing the package" error.

Does that help?

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
OK.
Dowload the Gapps (and Virgin fix if needed)
Download Bean_Whiz zip.
Extract contents of Bean_Whiz zip. You should have the ROM zip plus a data folder with a folder named Fly-On and local inside.
Download Toucan4267's Cachewipe.zip from here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-optimus-v-internal-kitkat-mount-scripts.html Wipecache.zip is in the second post.
Download Root Uninstaller,from the PlayStore then open it up (I'm assuming you already have Link2SD installed, if not, download it as well). Go to settings and select Auto backup. Let it do it's thing. After five minutes you should now have a folder on the SD card named RootUninstaller with all your app apks backed up.

This is what you need to do in the ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7-th7 recovery:

Wipe:
wipe data/factory reset
cache partition
dalvik cache (found in the advanced section)

Format:
(found in the mounts and storage section)
boot
cache
data
system
sd ext (only if you have a partiton on the sd card)

Flash the ROM.zip (Virgin Mobile users need to flash the Virgin_fix.zip as well).
After phone boots up select the launcher you want, wait a minute then reboot.
After reboot, go to the settings and apply the TouchWhiz 5.0 theme (you will get a " Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size", that's normal, select to install anyway).
Reboot phone. Use the provided file manager to install the Link2SD apk from the Root Unistaller folder on the SD card (created when you first open up the Root Uninstaller app you downloaded from your current ROM).
Open up Link2SD and create the mount script. Reboot phone.

After reboot set up the power menu, task bar, and notification menu just how you want it. Reboot the phone.
Set the Governor to InteractiveX with the CPU set to 480MHz min- 729MHz max. Reboot phone.
Install your root browser using the provided file manager Open it up and copy/paste Fly-On folder to /data directory. Then copy/paste the file inside the local folder to /data/local directory.
Close the root browser and delete it.Open up Terminal Emulator. Type in:
Code:
Fly-On
Let it verify all folders are installed properly.
Now type in:
Code:
su
entropy_on
Type in 1 when asked.
Type in 1 when asked.
Phone will attempt to auto reboot. Pull battery as fast as you can after seeing LG logo and enter recovery mode manually. Find the Cache wipe zip from Toucan4267 you downloaded and install. Reboot phone.
After phone reboots you should now have the cache moved to SD ext and a buttery smooth phone.
Now you can reinstall your root browser and Titanium Backup. Open up Titanium and restore just the apps (and data, only if the data is needed) you know need to be on the internal storage (widget apps, lockscreen apps, and volume apps, etc.).
When done go into the Link2SD settings and check the Auto Link box.
Now go back to Titanium and finish the restore of your apps (and only that app data you really need).
Make sure you watch the task bar. If any app restore doesn't show it's being linked with Link2SD it's being pushed to the SD card. This is not what you want. Go back into Link2SD and link manually.

Note: If Titanium hangs on installing an app, reboot and install that app from the Root Uninstaller folder on the SD card. Then continue with the Titanium install of apps.

When done Link Titanium Backup and Root Uninstaller.
Go back to Link2SD and delete all the preinstalled apps you now no longer need. I usually delete E-Mail, Holo Lancher, AOSP Keyboard, Startup Wizard, File Manager, and Browser. Just those things I know I already now have a restored type of or is safe to remove.
I then usually go to the settings of Link2SD and uncheck the Auto Link box. This gives me more control over where an app goes later when downloaded from the PlayStore.

I now usually clean all caches using SD maid (I have the Pro version). Make sure you throughly clean the Superuser log and delete the history and cache of the browser as well.
I put Fast Reboot in the Icon Tray (this is a very important app for managing the RAM of Jellybean ROMs), then run it.

That about covers it.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

I now usually clean all caches using SD maid (I have the Pro version).
I put Fast Reboot in the Icon Tray (this is a very important app for managing the RAM of Jellybean ROMs), then run it.

That about covers it.

That would be nice too. I simply downloaded the 2.2.2CX version and dirty flashed that over the old 2.2.2 one. Things are working fine so far. Gonna have to get that Fast Reboot and try it.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Does usb mass storage work with this rom using Squid kernel?

Tapatalk'n it Squid style on JBC 4.2.2 from my VM-670

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Won't be able to do another clean flash of ROM with bigsupersquids kernel for a few days. Too much going on.
Your going to have to be a tester.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Does usb mass storage work with this rom using Squid kernel?

Tapatalk'n it Squid style on JBC 4.2.2 from my VM-670
I haven't had any JB issues with usb. Just older Android versions don't like it. All the USB and adb code was moved to a different place in the kernel code and something isn't happy about it in ICS on down.
And PAC looks like the same device to my Linux laptop with two seperate phones connected. It won't use adb because they're identical.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

AndyOpie150...looks like I spoke too soon, man!! Play Store won't work. I've tried going through the app manager in the device and clearing cache & data both for Play Store & Google Play Services (which keeps spitting a notification that it needs to be updated or enabled, but won't do anything when I actually press it), that hasn't helped. I've even tried the old battery pull - when the ROM itself wouldn't reboot itself (it doesn't seem to like being connected to a PC via USB; but SlimBean did this on occasion as well) - and that hasn't helped. And what do I mean by "Play Store won't work"? Well...no sooner than I go into it, the instant it starts loading, BOOM..."Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped."

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Your so hard headed. Lol.
Follow the directions I left you for a clean install.
One other thing: When you are in the "mounts and storage" option make sure all partitions are unmounted before formatting them. If not they won't get wiped properly and the residual data will corrupt the new data.
I've had this V for two and a half years, and I know the limitations of the Xionia recovery all to well.
If you can, before fresh install try the TWRP recovery or a ClockworkMod recovery to wipe and format everything.