[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 10/14/2013

If I put it on airplane mode will i receive the messages after i turn it off or will they never come thru ?

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

If I put it on airplane mode will i receive the messages after i turn it off or will they never come thru ?
That's an interesting question. Texts MAY still come in, but you more than likely would need to switch back out of airplane mode to actually get'em.

Brantheman22

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It's seems like you have a bad download. Is your internet conection slow? Are you trying to download with 3G?
Go to CNET Downloads and download a MD5 checker if using Windows to download.
If using phone go to MacDonalds or someplace with free WiFi. Download AFV (Android File Verifier) from the PlayStore.

Make sure the MD5 sum matches before you attempt to flash.
Yep that was indeed my problem! I do remember I was on 3g before. So I went home, got on my WiFi and 're downloaded. It's now up and running on my phone :D ty for your help.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone else experienced bad battery ? I close all apps at night and after a 7 hour standby it drops 30 % .

Posted via Android Central App
It will get better as the battery stats get built up. Takes anywhere from a week to a week and a half.

I have everything turned off, everything. WiFi, 3G, GPS,Bluetooth, Auto Sync (I use Periodic Auto Sync to set up specific times and duration of sync), etc. I only turn on something when I need it.
I have had this version on my phone for a while now and whatever the battery level is at when I go to bed, thats what it is at when I wake up.

If you are still having problems after a couple of weeks then it's a bad app that's causing the battery drain (causing a wake lock).

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

a perhaps not so amusing side note:
lg thunderc battery holds a wake lock.
it would have to be patched to match the thunderg battery, which uses a different rpc entirely and won't talk with the battery chip, to allow deep sleep in 3.08 kernel it looks like.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey Andy, do you have the md5 sum for this.zip file, i downloaded it today, it took 35 minutes, 3g is extremely slow today.

Geez it took forever to get here to post! ,and that's with running MiRaGe! :(

EDIT : ..... never mind, i see it's the same as the one on page 1.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

AndyOpie150, my device is going BONKERS here...seems like NONE of the GApps want to work!! Play Store crashes outright, Gmail works for a while then crashes, Hangouts crashes outright...I've tried reflashing the SlimBean GApps, but to no avail...don't tell me I'm gonna have to wipe everything and reflash everything AGAIN (meaning having to reinstall everything AGAIN)...
Well....should I just hint at the possibility then.
All the problems anybody is experiencing (if they wiped and formatted everything properly and followed my install guide to letter) is usually due to an app. Weather it is the wrong version for the ROM (restored from an ICS or lower ROM), moved to the SD card in the normal fashion (not linked), or just a bad app.
I have a V made on either Monday or Friday because it's quality is way down there.
I had some problems right at first, but once I cleaned up my apps and let my battery stats build up, I wouldn't use any other ROM.
I also try not to turn power off, unless trying to flash a ROM.
Had this V for almost 2 and a half years and don't turn it off unless I'm flashing a new ROM.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Sooo ...Andy, are you saying, if i don't link my apps using links2sd, that i will have problems with this rom, because as you know i'm still using the original 2gb sd card?

Is it even worth my time flashing this rom, or will i always have problems due to the lack of links2sd? :confused: :(

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I didn't know you still had the stock SD card.
Yes, I think you will have problems. Depends on how many apps you move to the SD card and what apps are moved to it.
Sorry about that.
I think you should stick with the MiRaGe until you can get an 8GB or larger SD card.

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Hey my camera doesn't focus well its always red not green .. is there a fix for this ?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Hey my camera doesn't focus well its always red not green .. is there a fix for this ?

What phone do you have?
What baseband is it?
Did you check the MD5 sum before you flashed it?
Did you move any apps to the main FAT32 SD card partition?
Are you using the stock camera app or a one from PlayStore?

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I have the optimus s , zvd . I don't even know what md5 sum is and no I haven't, all on the ext partition I made . I'm using the stock 4.3 apk camera but 4.1.2 didn't work either

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I have the optimus s , zvd . I don't even know what md5 sum is and no I haven't, all on the ext partition I made . I'm using the stock 4.3 apk camera but 4.1.2 didn't work either

Go here: CNET Downloads/MD5-Checker

Go to the first post in this thread and copy the MD5 sum for the ROM and Gapps. Use the MD5 Checker app to see if the MD5 sum of the Downloads matches the MD5 sum from the first post. If they don't, download ROM and Gapps again.

If they do match, let me know I'll try to figure it out why the focus is messed up.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

all on the ext partition I made . Posted via Android Central App
How did you make the partition?
What size SD card do you have?
What size did you make the partition?
What is it formatted to, FAT32, ext.2, ext.3, or ext.4?

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I've downloaded and flashed the ROM many times switching between many ROMs like cm9 . Every time the camera preview is grainy like a movie theater screen and never focuses well .

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I made it with xionia advanced mode . Its a 8 GB . 1 GB partition . I think it was either ext3 or 4 can't remember

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I used xionia advanced mode to partition .. I have a 8 GB made a 1 GB partition . It was either ext 3 or 4 can't remember ..

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Well....should I just hint at the possibility then.
All the problems anybody is experiencing (if they wiped and formatted everything properly and followed my install guide to letter) is usually due to an app. Weather it is the wrong version for the ROM (restored from an ICS or lower ROM), moved to the SD card in the normal fashion (not linked), or just a bad app.

Hmmm. Not sure about that. I'm using the SlimBean GApps, like I said. Those are what's currently not working...and I currently can't go get Link2SD without the Play Store app working (and it's to the point that trying to log into the Play Store from the phone's web browser won't work; and trying to do it from a computer is useless since the phone won't even show up in the list of devices to install to). Eh...maybe I'll just clear out everything and try it all over again. That should help. Perhaps this way I can go get Link2SD beforehand...yes.

Oh...the only times my phone goes OFF...are when the battery goes dead or I have to pull the battery. (Flash a ROM? Reboot to recovery, lol.)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Gapps are Google applications. Notice that they are applications or apps. Lol
Notice in the post you quoted it says: "All the problems anybody is experiencing (if they wiped and formatted everything properly and followed my install guide to letter) is usually due to an app."

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I used xionia advanced mode to partition .. I have a 8 GB made a 1 GB partition . It was either ext 3 or 4 can't remember ..

For this ROM you need to have an ext.4 formatted partition. This is very important. Please check to see what the partition is formatted to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane