LG Optimus S: 4.4 KitKat?

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4.4 KitKat?

Code:
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/colorconversion/SoftwareRenderer.cpp:30:26: fatal error: gralloc_priv.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_color_conversion_intermediates/SoftwareRenderer.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$
I changed the code in my github. Resync and try it again, it should be fixed.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

AndyOpie150, I just added a cm-11.0 branch to the device and vendor folders in my github. You should edit your roomservice.xml to point to those instead. I'm adding fixes from the p500 device folders in androidarmv6.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

OK.
Just got done trying repo sync and running the build code's but got this error:
[code
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/colorconversion/Android.mk:11: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces)
[/code]
Tried adding a space then \ to the end of line 11 but still got same error. What is the separator it refers to?

Will edit roomservice.xml to point to those changes in your repo.

Question: I tried to find hephappys work but to no avail. You got a link. The more I see, the more I understand. Thought I would look at it as well

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

AndyOpie150, I just added a cm-11.0 branch to the device and vendor folders in my github. You should edit your roomservice.xml to point to those instead. I'm adding fixes from the p500 device folders in androidarmv6.
I assumed I only needed to change the version number, right? android_vendor_lge version # is showing 10.1 now instead of 10.2?

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Firefox browser has been messing up. Doesn't matter what distro I use. The current version is buggy. The double info in some posts, split by the "update", is one bug. Another is the way it posts codes some times. You may have 5 lines of code, but it will try to bunch everything together into one long line.
You might want to use Chromium if you hate going back and deleting those extras Firefox adds.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

hey andy...
https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo
better info on upstream remote and fetching changes without modifying your own.
Thanks bigsupersquid. I actually found that as well, but have since realized that with only an 80GB hard drive I probably need to save what little room I have left after installing everything, just for the build (44.9GB).

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

OK.
Just got done trying repo sync and running the build code's but got this error:
[code
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/colorconversion/Android.mk:11: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces)
[/code]
Tried adding a space then \ to the end of line 11 but still got same error. What is the separator it refers to?

Will edit roomservice.xml to point to those changes in your repo.

Question: I tried to find hephappys work but to no avail. You got a link. The more I see, the more I understand. Thought I would look at it as well
Sorry, I left out a backslash in the makefile. Fixed now. The link to the rom is at http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org. There's a link at the top of the page - KitKat Preview Version for P500. You might need to sign up for a (free) Mediafire account to be able to download it. It should make a good model for stripping down our rom although we'll have to take it farther because our system partition is about 30 mb smaller than the p500. As far as a repo or forum topic I don't know. He's working within the androidarmv6 repo. I found found out about it in one of the p500 forums over at xda-developers, they're discussing it in the thread for cm10.2 from Rashed97.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Change the version numbers for all the projects in roomservice.xml except for squid to cm-11.0
Got it done. I already have a free Mediafire account, will download and poke around inside the zip.
EDIT: Will have to wait to download. Internet speed is pretty slow right now (download stops for more than 30 sec.).

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks bigsupersquid. I actually found that as well, but have since realized that with only an 80GB hard drive I probably need to save what little room I have left after installing everything, just for the build (44.9GB).
Forking and merging changes won't take up any more space on your hard drive, they're just ways of managing the source code and keeping it up to date.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Forking and merging changes won't take up any more space on your hard drive, they're just ways of managing the source code and keeping it up to date.
bigsupersquid thought I was still trying to clone to my machine and do an upstream remote on all the repo's I forked. That's what was going to take up room on the hard drive.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

bigsupersquid thought I was still trying to clone to my machine and do an upstream remote on all the repo's I forked. That's what was going to take up room on the hard drive.
No you can do that without taking up more space on the hard drive. Whatever way you do it will take up the same amount of space.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I am using this oversimplified script to update my forks all at once. all the remotes have to have already been set as upstream for this to work, that's either by hand or a seperate script. Also the cm-11.0 branch has been checked out in advance of this script for each git thing.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd vendor/lge
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd device/lge/msm7x27-common
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

cd device/qcom/msm7x27
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

cd device/lge/thunderc
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

cd external/chromium_org
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd frameworks/base
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd frameworks/av
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd vendor/qcom/msm7x27
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

New error:
Code:
Install: /home/andyopie150/android/system/out/host/linux-x86/framework/dumpkey.jar
target Prebuilt:  (/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/monkey)
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/lge/msm7x27-common/recovery/graphics.c:227:5: error: conflicting types for 'gr_text'
In file included from bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/lge/msm7x27-common/recovery/graphics.c:40:0:
bootable/recovery/minui/minui.h:36:5: note: previous declaration of 'gr_text' was here
make: *** [/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/lge/msm7x27-common/recovery/graphics.o] Error 1
target StaticLib: libc (/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libc_intermediates/libc.a)

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I am using this oversimplified script to update my forks all at once. all the remotes have to have already been set as upstream for this to work, that's either by hand or a seperate script. Also the cm-11.0 branch has been checked out in advance of this script for each git thing.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd vendor/lge
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd device/lge/msm7x27-common
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

cd device/qcom/msm7x27
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

cd device/lge/thunderc
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

cd external/chromium_org
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd frameworks/base
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd frameworks/av
git fetch upstream
cd ../..

cd vendor/qcom/msm7x27
git fetch upstream
cd ../../..

The change in the chromium_org folder is just a line commented out in a makefile, I don't intend to start hacking on chromium for now so you might want to delete that fork and fork directly from androidarmv6 or not fork at all and stash the change. I'm still sorting out how git and repo work together. Should I create empty directories in $(TOP) and use git clone to download my forks or just let repo sync create the folders? I noticed that when I ran git in a project folder there was no origin or other named branch.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

New error:
Code:
Install: /home/andyopie150/android/system/out/host/linux-x86/framework/dumpkey.jar
target Prebuilt:  (/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/monkey)
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/lge/msm7x27-common/recovery/graphics.c:227:5: error: conflicting types for 'gr_text'
In file included from bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/lge/msm7x27-common/recovery/graphics.c:40:0:
bootable/recovery/minui/minui.h:36:5: note: previous declaration of 'gr_text' was here
make: *** [/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/lge/msm7x27-common/recovery/graphics.o] Error 1
target StaticLib: libc (/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libc_intermediates/libc.a)
I got that earlier today while building because I left twrp out of my roomservice.xml. If you're not currently using the bootable_recovery in my github
you should remove-project android_bootable_recovery and add mine.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I also am still puzzling over git, much less repo.
I had to set origin, upstream, and branch all manually in the repo folders. Seemed to work after that. Except repo errors afterwards if trying to sync. But that github account is messed up... I'm gonna ditch it.
For forks, I'm thinking seperate folders outside the repo, fetch merge and push from there. Then let repo download the changes.

Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

If you get the error that says something like "No rule to make target some-thing/some-thing/libcamera.so needed by some-thing/some-thing/camera.msm7x27.so" you'll need to copy the file libcamera.so from vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib into out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib (unless you can figure it out :p).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary