Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: 4.4 KitKat?

Quote Originally Posted by skinbark View Post
    AndyOpie150, I did the build log thing with the tee command on my last build like you suggested. It worked but it generated a 6.3 meg file and slowed down the build time considerably so I don't know if you'd want to do it regularly. I can upload the logfile if you'd like to examine it.
    Yes please. It will make it easier to examine when I control the speed of scolling. I was giving my self vertigo trying to read stuff as it whized by on the terminal. Lol.

Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do not be hasty.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

QtADB is now working with this build. This means I can examine any folder or file on the phone (even though the file manager on the phone won't), and do a straight drag and drop to my computer (or vice-a-versa) or from one directory on the phone to another. It can generate logcats. Run shell commands. Run script. Mount/unmount partitons. Flash a recovery. Lots more.

If interested go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...ml#post4093175
    The Android SDK/adb is necessary as well as a ClockworkMod recovery.
    Thanked by:
    skinbark likes this.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

Nice! In aosp at least, you can modify device architecture (TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT, TARGET_CPU_VARIANT)after ctrl-z stopping a build (or after an error) without it forcing an installclean, and it picks up the change. so things that build under armv5 but not armv6 can be tweaked in maybe.

oh, and it probably makes differences; my aosp repo is at 4.4.2 right now. and I've been manually patching in the armv6-vfp tweaks rather than dragging in each whole project from androidarmv6.

dalvik just threw a 'no rule to make dalvik/vm/compiler/codegen/arm/armv6-vfp/CallingConvention.S' and it's not in the androidarmv6 dalvik.
    so I got it here, along with the rest of the armv6-vfp folder, and merged what looked good from the blade stuff into the two aosp files which existed already.
    skinbark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    Nice! In aosp at least, you can modify device architecture (TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT, TARGET_CPU_VARIANT)after ctrl-z stopping a build (or after an error) without it forcing an installclean, and it picks up the change. so things that build under armv5 but not armv6 can be tweaked in maybe.

oh, and it probably makes differences; my aosp repo is at 4.4.2 right now. and I've been manually patching in the armv6-vfp tweaks rather than dragging in each whole project from androidarmv6.

dalvik just threw a 'no rule to make dalvik/vm/compiler/codegen/arm/armv6-vfp/CallingConvention.S' and it's not in the androidarmv6 dalvik.
    so I got it here, along with the rest of the armv6-vfp folder, and merged what looked good from the blade stuff into the two aosp files which existed already.
    I know I had to change an armv6-vfp flag to armv6 to get cm11 to build. I can't remember exactly what it was that threw the error.
    Do not be hasty.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

haven't gotten art to finish again since syncing, and chromium hasn't even teased me by looking near done yet.
    some errors go away passing a shared out directory between two repos building the same device with one armv5te and the other armv6.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

this looks interesting.
    https://code.google.com/p/armv6-atomic/
    the thumb error crashes are because the armv6 won't handle as many registers as the armv7... but this code seems to work around that.

//edit: it's years old, and throws compiler errors. The variable return type has to be different.
    the assembly looks good but I'm so out of date on that, address registers are now at least 4x the size they were when I was still current. I need to research more to try to patch that crunk.

//again:
    this seems to bypass the first thumb error in art/runtime/atomic.cc
    Code:
    void QuasiAtomic::Write64(volatile int64_t* addr, int64_t value) {
    #if NEED_SWAP_MUTEXES
      MutexLock mu(Thread::Current(), GetSwapMutex(addr));
      *addr = value;
    #elif defined(__arm__)
      // The write is done as a swap so that the cache-line is in the exclusive state for the store. If
      // we know that ARM architecture has LPAE (such as Cortex-A15) this isn't necessary and strd will
      // suffice.
    /*
      int64_t prev;
      int status;
      do {
        __asm__ __volatile__("@ QuasiAtomic::Write64\n"
            "ldrexd     %0, %H0, [%3]\n"
            "strexd     %1, %4, %H4, [%3]"
            : "=&r" (prev), "=&r" (status), "+m"(*addr)
            : "r" (addr), "r" (value)
            : "cc");
      } while (__builtin_expect(status != 0, 0)); */
    			 asm volatile (
    			 "ldrexh   r1, [%1]         \n\t" /*exclusive load of addr*/
    				 "cmp      r1,  %2          \n\t"/*compare the low reg value == low *addr*/
    	#if defined(__thumb__)
    				 "ite eq\n\t"
    	#endif
    				 "strexheq %0,  %3, [%1]\n\t" /*store if eq, strex+eq*/
    	#if defined(__thumb__)
    				 "clrexne"
    	#endif
    				 : /*"=&r" (result)*/
    				 : "r"(addr), "r"(value),"r"(value)
    				 : "r1"
    				 );
    I dunno if it actually works, ganked it from that armv6_atomic and I'm not positive. there's also more errors to fix in it.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    this looks interesting.
    https://code.google.com/p/armv6-atomic/
    the thumb error crashes are because the armv6 won't handle as many registers as the armv7... but this code seems to work around that.
    That should be helpful. I'm switching to more up-to-date device folders from androidarmv6 (was using thekraven's jellybean ones) which I'm hoping will eliminate some of the weird errors I was dealing with before.
    Do not be hasty.
    bigsupersquid likes this.

Loaded it onto my phone. I'm ecstatic to see Cyanogen again. I just didn't feel at home with AOKP.
    Biggest showstopper at this point is it's not giving me calling. I do have a ZVJ radio with a ZVD patch (alpha 2 version and CWM recovery). Is there a particular radio or patch I should install?
    I'm wierded out because I am getting a working PRL number, my phone number, and all the normal stuff that breaks when radio is broken. It's just when I try to call out, it says mobile network not available.

ROM
    Changes Daily

That should be helpful. I'm switching to more up-to-date device folders from androidarmv6 (was using thekraven's jellybean ones) which I'm hoping will eliminate some of the weird errors I was dealing with before.
    I didn't think androidarmv6 had a device folder for the ov/os... Only the p500? Unless your modifying it for our use?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    I didn't think androidarmv6 had a device folder for the ov/os... Only the p500? Unless your modifying it for our use?

Correct, there's no device_lge_thunderc or vendor_lge_thunderc but there's the lge and qcom folders that aren't specific to the LS670. I've been bringing the thunderc folders up to date for cm-11. I got rid of several errors today, I'm finally getting clean compiles without having to hack the source.
    Do not be hasty.

I'm posting a new build with working keyboard and terminal. Back button works. It may be a little less laggy, I added a few optimizations. It still reboots randomly and frequently. Wifi is still broken. Sorry I can't do anything about phone service at this point since mine's not activated. Maybe someone who knows more about it than I can check out the configuration, it's probably an easy fix.
    https://app.box.com/s/x2d1796z0yuib5073q8y
    Do not be hasty.

I was actually playing with settings/configs tonight, it looks like under mobile plans it's asking for a SIM card. I've seen a similar issues previously (I forget exactly where) with a ROM that was meant for OV being carried over with modifications. You had to make some changes so it would work with the CDMA network instead of GSM (I think I got that right).
    In any case, I don't know the fix, so I'll wait for a fix there. I'll pop this one in and see how it rides in terms of lag, I did notice that lag. Thanks brosephus!
    EDIT:Just tried to load, got a status 7 error. symlink:some symlinks failed error in zip
    I'll check again to make sure the previous one loads (to control all variables).
    Checked, it's definitely not working on that error status 7. It will load Alpha 2 but not 4. I tried a clean and dirty from alpha 2 flash, neither works. I'm going to keep playing with alpha 2 to see if I can get that phone service working.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

skinbark: Been feeling bad for a while. Just started feeling well enough to do as you suggested.
    You could go to https://github.com/skinbark/android, fork the repo and use the command above but point it at your fork (repo init -u git://github.com/AndyOpie/android.git -b cm-11.0). Then run 'repo sync'. After downloading the code you add the roomservice file which should include the device files and kernel as well as the twrp recovery. For simplicity's sake use the ones in my github for now (this is the one I used). If you leave out the twrp recovery you may get errors that I can't help you with since I didn't build cwm. Run 'repo sync' again to download the device specific files. Run the get-prebuilts command and the command to set your ccache size.

When I try to go to the ~/android/system/device/lge/p500 directory so I can open up a terminal with my phone plugged into the computer and run:
    Code:
    ./extract-files.sh
    I have no lge directory.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

skinbark:
    Just tried to install cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip:
    E:Can't open /storage/sdcard0/cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip. Bad
    Installation aborted.

Could you maybe generate an md5 sum with GtkHash and post so I can verify if download is good.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    skinbark:
    Just tried to install cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip:
    E:Can't open /storage/sdcard0/cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip. Bad
    Installation aborted.

Could you maybe generate an md5 sum with GtkHash and post so I can verify if download is good.
    here's the output:
    dgb@valyria ~/Downloads $ md5sum cm-11-LS670-alpha4.zip
    cb40a4d722ab0ea0562c4e189688c6b7 cm-11-LS670-alpha4.zip
    Do not be hasty.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    skinbark: Been feeling bad for a while. Just started feeling well enough to do as you suggested.
    You could go to https://github.com/skinbark/android, fork the repo and use the command above but point it at your fork (repo init -u git://github.com/AndyOpie/android.git -b cm-11.0). Then run 'repo sync'. After downloading the code you add the roomservice file which should include the device files and kernel as well as the twrp recovery. For simplicity's sake use the ones in my github for now (this is the one I used). If you leave out the twrp recovery you may get errors that I can't help you with since I didn't build cwm. Run 'repo sync' again to download the device specific files. Run the get-prebuilts command and the command to set your ccache size.

When I try to go to the ~/android/system/device/lge/p500 directory so I can open up a terminal with my phone plugged into the computer and run:
    Code:
    ./extract-files.sh
    I have no lge directory.
    You don't have to run the extract-files.sh command. That's used to extract the proprietary libs if you don't already have them. Those instructions I posted for building before are obsolete. I've changed the device files a little so you should use my roomservice.xml file and resync. The good part is you should get a clean compile now without having to copy libs or edit the source.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do not be hasty.
    Thanked by 2:
    bigsupersquid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dradzanowski View Post
    I was actually playing with settings/configs tonight, it looks like under mobile plans it's asking for a SIM card. I've seen a similar issues previously (I forget exactly where) with a ROM that was meant for OV being carried over with modifications. You had to make some changes so it would work with the CDMA network instead of GSM (I think I got that right).
    In any case, I don't know the fix, so I'll wait for a fix there. I'll pop this one in and see how it rides in terms of lag, I did notice that lag. Thanks brosephus!
    EDIT:Just tried to load, got a status 7 error. symlink:some symlinks failed error in zip
    I'll check again to make sure the previous one loads (to control all variables).
    Checked, it's definitely not working on that error status 7. It will load Alpha 2 but not 4. I tried a clean and dirty from alpha 2 flash, neither works. I'm going to keep playing with alpha 2 to see if I can get that phone service working.
    See if you can unzip the package manually. If not re-download.
    Do not be hasty.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

You don't have to run the extract-files.sh command. That's used to extract the proprietary libs if you don't already have them. Those instructions I posted for building before are obsolete. I've changed the device files a little so you should use my roomservice.xml file and resync. The good part is you should get a clean compile now without having to copy libs or edit the source.
    you've definitely got the thunderc kitkat project rockin', skinbark. awesome work.
    skinbark likes this.

I redownloaded a fresh copy, no dice. I've got 7zip on my computer, should I unzip the file to my desktop, then how do I get CWM Recov to load those files?
    @ AndyOpie, are you using TWRP or CWM? Could our two errors (my status 7 symlink error and your can't open zip problems be the same thing, just two different recov programs showing different messages?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Hmm you know... Since pre-alpha roms are now being produced I think an official rom thread should be started. Along with a name perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by dradzanowski View Post
    I redownloaded a fresh copy, no dice. I've got 7zip on my computer, should I unzip the file to my desktop, then how do I get CWM Recov to load those files?
    @ AndyOpie, are you using TWRP or CWM? Could our two errors (my status 7 symlink error and your can't open zip problems be the same thing, just two different recov programs showing different messages?
    Are you using cwm 6.0.4.5?
    Do not be hasty.

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Hmm you know... Since pre-alpha roms are now being produced I think an official rom thread should be started. Along with a name perhaps?

How about ThunderKat?
    I'm sort of hesitant to offer it up officially without knowing for sure whether 4.4 is viable on our phone. One problem is trying to squeeze it onto the /system partition. It may be necessary to repartition the phone (perhaps along the lines of the p500), I'm not sure how people feel about doing this. It's discussed in this xda thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1959691
    Resizing /system to match the p500 would give another 30 megs of space.
    Do not be hasty.
    thewraith420 likes this.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I'm using thekravens ClockworkMod recovery found in post 173. It's the attachment. It is the only recovery that will install the ROM properly.
    dradzanowski likes this.

Yes indeedy I'm on the CWM recovery from post 173.

thumbs up for ThunderKat! Maybe ThunderKitty as the working title, then ThunderKat when fully matured.
    thewraith420 likes this.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast