Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes
    o_O

ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

Default Re: 4.4 KitKat?

samsung gio, msm7227, same broadcom chip as ours.
    working wifi tether.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I think they have the Atheros ath6kl chip. And thunderc use the bcm4325 with the drivers ported from bcm4329 I believe. Maybe look at the driver FM code and try to see if that's a battery drainer. In ICS battery life was better with WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X, so you might look at what's needed to port that.
    Thanked by:
    o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    I think they have the Atheros ath6kl chip. And thunderc use the bcm4325 with the drivers ported from bcm4329 I believe. Maybe look at the driver FM code and try to see if that's a battery drainer. In ICS battery life was better with WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X, so you might look at what's needed to port that.
    ah, I was looking at this:
    BOARD_HAVE_FM_RADIO := true
    BOARD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DHAVE_FM_RADIO
    BOARD_FM_DEVICE := bcm4325

rather than
    WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := /system/wifi/ar6000.ko
    WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := ar6000
    in the AndroidBoard.mk
    donate!

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I don't see the virgin mms fix from blarf in cm11 yet. I think in CM-11, they split it up into InboundSmsHandler.java and cdmasmsdispatcher now. Looks like it would go inside the InboundSmsHandler.java now.
    Thanked by 2:
    o_O

ROM

I don't see the virgin mms fix from blarf in cm11 yet. I think in CM-11, they split it up into InboundSmsHandler.java and cdmasmsdispatcher now. Looks like it would go inside the InboundSmsHandler.java now.
    oh, my, they've really changed stuff up in there. No easy drop-in for me. the sms.blahblah functions aren't there with the same name.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-27-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    oh, my, they've really changed stuff up in there. No easy drop-in for me. the sms.blahblah functions aren't there with the same name.
    duh, looked in wrong file, needed the cdma folder. CdmaInboundSmsHandler.java looks similar enough I'm trying to build with a patch.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

just as an update, I tried to patch that file and got an mms in the notification bar with no subject. touched it and it vanished like on PAC with 3g turned off.
    I looked up the logcat error it was throwing about the mms and found on xda which led to being reviewed at cm.
    Building to test again.
    I used my PAC install to send myself an mms (text+subject) and pulled the battery after it sent but before it could recieve. Then flashed the previous test build. Logcat shows the mms bouncing every now and again... it's still waiting in the system for me to get it.
    //edit: tested.. no go. but I forgot the vm mms overlay in the build with the correct user agent and id url. try again.

nope.
    here's the exact error.
    Code:
    V/TransactionSettings(  990): APN setting: MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? looked for: current IS NOT NULL
    W/TransactionService(  990): Exception occurred while handling message: { when=-83ms what=1 arg1=1 obj=transactionType: 1 uri: content://mms/1 pushData: null mmscUrl: null proxyAddress: null proxyPort: 0 target=com.android.mms.transaction.TransactionService$ServiceHandler }
    W/TransactionService(  990): 	at com.android.mms.transaction.TransactionService.beginMmsConnectivity(TransactionService.java:552)
    W/TransactionService(  990): 	at com.android.mms.transaction.TransactionService$ServiceHandler.processTransaction(TransactionService.java:890)
    W/TransactionService(  990): 	at com.android.mms.transaction.TransactionService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(TransactionService.java:733)
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-29-2014 at 08:51 AM.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

I have working MMS
    two non-device files patched,
    and a modified apns-conf.xml which copies most of the sprint apn as VM (and removes the sprint apns per )
    which changes I will post after done babysitting. Well, looks like after work this evening instead since I got done kinda late.
    the VM MMS change may be worth trying to submit to cm's gerrit since it's really really close to their cm10.2 patch.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-29-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    donate!
    Thanked by 3:
    AndyOpie150 and skinbark like this.

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Looks like androidarmv6 is working on bluetooth and wifi tethering. I think there's a kernel patch too.

Edit: Here's a test build for bluetooth and wifi tethering with patches from androidmeda. I had build errors using their patch and had to add a file;: device/lge/thunderc/bluetooth/vnd_thunderc.txt to get it to build. I just renamed the libbt_lge.txt

This build is twrp 2.3 friendly and should flash with older recoveries. I haven't tried it on cwm6.0.4 or philz recovery.
    Try wifi tethering with the included system/etc/wifi/hostapd.conf file and if wifi tethering doesn't work, try deleting that file and reboot
    Last edited by thekraven; 01-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    bigsupersquid and skinbark like this.
    o_O

ROM

changes for Virgin Mobile US MMS:
    for src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/dataconnection/DcTracker.java pending at cm (patchset 6) absorbed by CM
    I added another hacky change to DcTracker.java to force select the APN on startup based on ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric since the code refuses to grab an APN until one is selected or modified externally otherwise. (fixes its parent)

The other file, frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/cdma/CdmaSMSDispatcher.java I put on github. first useful commit the cm existing file, next commit is the patched file.

I had issues with the Log.d Log.e and TAG parts of the patch and swapped it down to logd and loge with no TAG. If I really knew what I was doing, I'd've fixed that cleaner.
    I also changed the eri.xml text to Virgin Mobile and changed all the VM670 instead of LS670 in the device folders everywhere I could grep it (except for the GB build fingerprint bit) before building so it would all get along happy-like. I hoped.
    Which actually made no difference. Any operator_alpha/mcc/mnc programmed into the overlay, device makefile, and apns-conf.xml that I tried would send/recieve mms once activated.
    The stock cm APN will send/recieve MMS, but it seems to need manual messing in apns from voicedialer. opening the VM APN and saving it without changing anything triggers MMS connection. Once per reboot. Fixed!
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 02-16-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

... Here's a test build for bluetooth and wifi tethering with patches from androidmeda. I had build errors using their patch and had to add a file;: device/lge/thunderc/bluetooth/vnd_thunderc.txt to get it to build. I just renamed the libbt_lge.txt ...
    hotspot works, no modifications. that is awesome.
    bluetooth still won't pair, kind of reboots itself after not pairing for a little while... 'turning on' again, see the keyboard again, says 'pairing'... repeat.
    donate!

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I got it to pair with an earlier build but wouldn't complete the transfer. there's a bt kernel patch that hasn't passed through their Gerrit yet.

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

@bigsupersquid

So MMS is now partially working?
    As long as Cm11's apns, build.prop(for VM), and the DCtracker are replaced with the ones you provided?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Optimus S patch threadOptimus V patch thread
    My band (Awake and Aroused)
    Need a new boot animation? Have a suggestion? Or a request?
    Boot Animation Thread
    o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    @bigsupersquid

So MMS is now partially working?
    As long as Cm11's apns, build.prop(for VM), and the DCtracker are replaced with the ones you provided?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    the other file needs built too, it's the core of blarf's mms fix. this one:
    and, mine works, but I haven't nailed down what variable is messing it up.
    but not with a standard apns-conf as installed. gotta manually delete at least one extra APN thru voice dialer... ugh. or change something in the VM APN, save it, and change it back, each reboot. Looking further into it.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-30-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    donate!

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Here's the file that allowed bt file sharing in my other build. Just copy to system/vendor/lib and set permissions . Not flashable, just unzip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by 2:
    o_O

ROM

and that, allows pairing with my keyboard.
    you are a fiend. and the androidarmv6 people too.
    donate!

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

The build.prop you provided causes the boot to hang. Tried letting it just sit for an hour, but still didn't boot. I'm running skinbarks latest cm11(NON-OS2SD).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Optimus S patch threadOptimus V patch thread
    My band (Awake and Aroused)
    Need a new boot animation? Have a suggestion? Or a request?
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:
    o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    The build.prop you provided causes the boot to hang. Tried letting it just sit for an hour, but still didn't boot. I'm running skinbarks latest cm11(NON-OS2SD).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    dunno what I was thinking, it's no use without a build containing the telephony changes anyway.
    donate!

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I update my device folders on branch cm-11.0x.

Updated build with bt fixes , twrp 2.3 recovery tested.

Looks like most things work now, still need bluetooth audio tested. The wifi drain is the biggest culprit on this and jb roms. I got wps_supplicant_6 to build on kitkat, but couldn't get wifi to turn on. I think the wifi drivers need to be downgraded back to zvj for that to work as the 3.0 kernel wifi drivers are based on bcm4329/bcmhd. But all the development is on wpa8, so you might look at undervolting the wifi drivers or limiting wifi tx in the kernel.
    o_O

ROM

I update my device folders on branch cm-11.0x...
    I do enjoy all your code updates. Makes things so much easier when someone else has done most if not all of the hard work.
    Thanks.
    Looks like most things work now, still need bluetooth audio tested. The wifi drain is the biggest culprit on this and jb roms. I got wps_supplicant_6 to build on kitkat, but couldn't get wifi to turn on. I think the wifi drivers need to be downgraded back to zvj for that to work as the 3.0 kernel wifi drivers are based on bcm4329/bcmhd. But all the development is on wpa8, so you might look at undervolting the wifi drivers or limiting wifi tx in the kernel.
    don't have bluetooth audio to test with, just keyboard.
    I will eventually check into the wifi. Good pointers. As I recall, you were the one that nudged me into porting that kernel over in the first place.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

ah.
    a fresh build from thekraven's TheJBC (added a line in thunderc-vendor-blobs.mk after sensors like so
    Code:
        vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/hw/sensors.thunderc.so:system/lib/hw/sensors.thunderc.so \
        vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/libbt-vendor.so:/system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so
    and put the earlier attached file in vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib) with VM tweaks like the mms fix and including the 'correct' MCC/MNC for Virgin Mobile gives me bluetooth keyboard, wifi tether, and MMS. MMS after 'open APNs' in voice dialer, opening the VM APN, and saving it without changes.
    Issues: Gallery forces a reboot after being closed with back button (or force-closed) and then re-opened. EGL error. Exiting with home button allows re-entry without crashing. Camera triggers Gallery... so beware.
    default notification sound: none
    Wifi tether works after turning on/off once. The first time just hangs.
    MMS only works after messing with the APN, once per reboot.
    I'll be kind and upload one for people with VM service to play with.

md5sum: 58d3d01796e57733fb847d3d278c109d
    new OV-forum ROM thread over here.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-31-2014 at 10:05 PM.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

I suggest someone on Sprint service and a Sprint build open voicedialer, 'open APNs' and open/save the Sprint APN to test MMS. if it doesn't work after that it probably needs the DcTracker changes too.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

per this bit of logcat, after saving the APN triggering it being loaded properly, and a waiting mms going out
    Code:
    D/SubSettings(  953): Launching fragment com.android.settings.ApnEditor
    I/ActivityManager(  481): Displayed com.android.settings/.SubSettings: +805ms
    I/ActivityManager(  953): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@419c5db0 time:196542
    I/ActivityManager(  481): Timeline: Activity_windows_visible id: ActivityRecord{41dd11e0 u0 com.android.settings/.SubSettings t6} time:196698
    I/Choreographer(  953): Skipped 39 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): default: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=default
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): default: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=CONNECTED, reason=apnChanged
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): default: setDetailed state, old =CONNECTED and new state=DISCONNECTED
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): ConnectivityChange for mobile: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): tryFailover: set mActiveDefaultNetwork=-1, prevNetType=0
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): Attempting to switch to wifi
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): resetConnections(rmnet0, 3)
    D/NetUtils(  481): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x1e71958 clazz=0x47200001 iface=rmnet0 mask=0x3
    D/Nat464Xlat(  481): requiresClat: netType=0, hasIPv4Address=true
    I/ActivityManager(  481): Timeline: Activity_windows_visible id: ActivityRecord{41cc5650 u0 com.android.settings/.Settings$ApnSettingsActivity t6} time:204997
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): handleInetConditionChange: no active default network - ignore
    I/ActivityManager(  953): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@41933d98 time:205371
    D/CaptivePortalTracker(  481): NoActiveNetworkState{ when=-1ms what=1 obj=NetworkInfo: type: mobile[CDMA - EvDo rev. A], state: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED, reason: apnChanged, extra: , roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true, isConnectedToProvisioningNetwork: false target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
    D/CaptivePortalTracker(  481): NoActiveNetworkState not a wifi connectivity change, ignore
    D/Tethering(  481): MasterInitialState.processMessage what=3
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): handleInetConditionChange: no active default network - ignore
    W/ContextImpl(  791): Implicit intents with startService are not safe: Intent { act=com.google.android.gtalkservice.IGTalkService } android.content.ContextWrapper.startService:494 android.content.ContextWrapper.startService:494 com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.ServiceAutoStarter.onReceive:70 
    D/GCM     (  791): GcmService start Intent { act=android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE flg=0x4000010 cmp=com.google.android.gms/.gcm.GcmService (has extras) } android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE
    I/ActivityManager(  481): Delay finish: com.google.android.gsf/.settings.GoogleLocationSettings$LocationSettingsChangedListener
    V/TransactionSettings( 1085): APN setting: MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? looked for: current IS NOT NULL
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): startUsingNetworkFeature reconnecting to 0: enableMMS
    V/TransactionService( 1085): mms acquireWakeLock
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): startUsingNetworkFeature X: return APN_REQUEST_STARTED
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): dun: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=dun
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): dun: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=DISCONNECTED, reason=dataEnabled
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): supl: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=supl
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): supl: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=DISCONNECTED, reason=dataEnabled
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): hipri: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=hipri
    D/MobileDataStateTracker(  481): hipri: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=DISCONNECTED, reason=dataEnabled
    I/ActivityManager(  481): Waited long enough for: ServiceRecord{41c338b0 u0 com.android.mms/.transaction.TransactionService}
    I/ActivityManager(  481): Resuming delayed broadcast
    D/ConnectivityService(  481): stopUsingNetworkFeature: teardown net 0: enableHIPRI
    I suspect TransactionSettings of glitching the initial APN loading on boot. But I dunno.
    donate!
    o_O

ROM

hm. maybe bt isn't quite working. logcat errors, and I can't type after it says connecting. it accepts the keypresses to pair, so it can talk to the keyboard ok...
    donate!

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

The libbt-vendor.so file will get built everytime, from the hardware/broadcon/libbt. The one in my last build has another bt device patch so it's different than the lib file posted earlier. You might have to manually sync framewirks base and Settings from androidarmv6. I forgot to push those updates
    Thanked by:
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617 LastLast