LG Optimus S: 4.4 KitKat?

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4.4 KitKat?

I didn't think androidarmv6 had a device folder for the ov/os... Only the p500? Unless your modifying it for our use?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Correct, there's no device_lge_thunderc or vendor_lge_thunderc but there's the lge and qcom folders that aren't specific to the LS670. I've been bringing the thunderc folders up to date for cm-11. I got rid of several errors today, I'm finally getting clean compiles without having to hack the source.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm posting a new build with working keyboard and terminal. Back button works. It may be a little less laggy, I added a few optimizations. It still reboots randomly and frequently. Wifi is still broken. Sorry I can't do anything about phone service at this point since mine's not activated. Maybe someone who knows more about it than I can check out the configuration, it's probably an easy fix.
https://app.box.com/s/x2d1796z0yuib5073q8y

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I was actually playing with settings/configs tonight, it looks like under mobile plans it's asking for a SIM card. I've seen a similar issues previously (I forget exactly where) with a ROM that was meant for OV being carried over with modifications. You had to make some changes so it would work with the CDMA network instead of GSM (I think I got that right).
In any case, I don't know the fix, so I'll wait for a fix there. I'll pop this one in and see how it rides in terms of lag, I did notice that lag. Thanks brosephus!
EDIT:Just tried to load, got a status 7 error. symlink:some symlinks failed error in zip
I'll check again to make sure the previous one loads (to control all variables).
Checked, it's definitely not working on that error status 7. It will load Alpha 2 but not 4. I tried a clean and dirty from alpha 2 flash, neither works. I'm going to keep playing with alpha 2 to see if I can get that phone service working.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

skinbark: Been feeling bad for a while. Just started feeling well enough to do as you suggested.
You could go to https://github.com/skinbark/android, fork the repo and use the command above but point it at your fork (repo init -u git://github.com/AndyOpie/android.git -b cm-11.0). Then run 'repo sync'. After downloading the code you add the roomservice file which should include the device files and kernel as well as the twrp recovery. For simplicity's sake use the ones in my github for now (this is the one I used). If you leave out the twrp recovery you may get errors that I can't help you with since I didn't build cwm. Run 'repo sync' again to download the device specific files. Run the get-prebuilts command and the command to set your ccache size.

When I try to go to the ~/android/system/device/lge/p500 directory so I can open up a terminal with my phone plugged into the computer and run:
Code:
./extract-files.sh
I have no lge directory.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

skinbark:
Just tried to install cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip:
E:Can't open /storage/sdcard0/cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip. Bad
Installation aborted.

Could you maybe generate an md5 sum with GtkHash and post so I can verify if download is good.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

skinbark:
Just tried to install cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip:
E:Can't open /storage/sdcard0/cm-11-LS670-alpha.zip. Bad
Installation aborted.

Could you maybe generate an md5 sum with GtkHash and post so I can verify if download is good.
here's the output:
dgb@valyria ~/Downloads $ md5sum cm-11-LS670-alpha4.zip
cb40a4d722ab0ea0562c4e189688c6b7 cm-11-LS670-alpha4.zip

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

skinbark: Been feeling bad for a while. Just started feeling well enough to do as you suggested.
You could go to https://github.com/skinbark/android, fork the repo and use the command above but point it at your fork (repo init -u git://github.com/AndyOpie/android.git -b cm-11.0). Then run 'repo sync'. After downloading the code you add the roomservice file which should include the device files and kernel as well as the twrp recovery. For simplicity's sake use the ones in my github for now (this is the one I used). If you leave out the twrp recovery you may get errors that I can't help you with since I didn't build cwm. Run 'repo sync' again to download the device specific files. Run the get-prebuilts command and the command to set your ccache size.

When I try to go to the ~/android/system/device/lge/p500 directory so I can open up a terminal with my phone plugged into the computer and run:
Code:
./extract-files.sh
I have no lge directory.
You don't have to run the extract-files.sh command. That's used to extract the proprietary libs if you don't already have them. Those instructions I posted for building before are obsolete. I've changed the device files a little so you should use my roomservice.xml file and resync. The good part is you should get a clean compile now without having to copy libs or edit the source.

Attachments

• roomservice.xml.zip
    1 KB · Views: 14

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I was actually playing with settings/configs tonight, it looks like under mobile plans it's asking for a SIM card. I've seen a similar issues previously (I forget exactly where) with a ROM that was meant for OV being carried over with modifications. You had to make some changes so it would work with the CDMA network instead of GSM (I think I got that right).
In any case, I don't know the fix, so I'll wait for a fix there. I'll pop this one in and see how it rides in terms of lag, I did notice that lag. Thanks brosephus!
EDIT:Just tried to load, got a status 7 error. symlink:some symlinks failed error in zip
I'll check again to make sure the previous one loads (to control all variables).
Checked, it's definitely not working on that error status 7. It will load Alpha 2 but not 4. I tried a clean and dirty from alpha 2 flash, neither works. I'm going to keep playing with alpha 2 to see if I can get that phone service working.
See if you can unzip the package manually. If not re-download.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to run the extract-files.sh command. That's used to extract the proprietary libs if you don't already have them. Those instructions I posted for building before are obsolete. I've changed the device files a little so you should use my roomservice.xml file and resync. The good part is you should get a clean compile now without having to copy libs or edit the source.
you've definitely got the thunderc kitkat project rockin', skinbark. awesome work.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I redownloaded a fresh copy, no dice. I've got 7zip on my computer, should I unzip the file to my desktop, then how do I get CWM Recov to load those files?
@ AndyOpie, are you using TWRP or CWM? Could our two errors (my status 7 symlink error and your can't open zip problems be the same thing, just two different recov programs showing different messages?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Hmm you know... Since pre-alpha roms are now being produced I think an official rom thread should be started. Along with a name perhaps?

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I redownloaded a fresh copy, no dice. I've got 7zip on my computer, should I unzip the file to my desktop, then how do I get CWM Recov to load those files?
@ AndyOpie, are you using TWRP or CWM? Could our two errors (my status 7 symlink error and your can't open zip problems be the same thing, just two different recov programs showing different messages?
Are you using cwm 6.0.4.5?

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Hmm you know... Since pre-alpha roms are now being produced I think an official rom thread should be started. Along with a name perhaps?

How about ThunderKat?
I'm sort of hesitant to offer it up officially without knowing for sure whether 4.4 is viable on our phone. One problem is trying to squeeze it onto the /system partition. It may be necessary to repartition the phone (perhaps along the lines of the p500), I'm not sure how people feel about doing this. It's discussed in this xda thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1959691
Resizing /system to match the p500 would give another 30 megs of space.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm using thekravens ClockworkMod recovery found in post 173. It's the attachment. It is the only recovery that will install the ROM properly.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes indeedy I'm on the CWM recovery from post 173.

thumbs up for ThunderKat! Maybe ThunderKitty as the working title, then ThunderKat when fully matured.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

How about ThunderKat?
I'm sort of hesitant to offer it up officially without knowing for sure whether 4.4 is viable on our phone. One problem is trying to squeeze it onto the /system partition. It may be necessary to repartition the phone (perhaps along the lines of the p500), I'm not sure how people feel about doing this. It's discussed in this xda thread: [DEV][GUIDE][REF] Customize Internal Partition Layout for MTD Devices - xda-developers
Resizing /system to match the p500 would give another 30 megs of space.
I put AUFS in the kernel to (experimentally) overlay SD-EXT partitions over /system and /data... obliterating size restrictions, while allowing enough basic stuff in the NAND to boot up. it's non-intrusive and won't interfere with the read-only aspects, but it may not play nice with the new selinux stuff.
somewhere in my storage stuff is flashables for thunderc ls670 from a dev thread on xda about resizing the internals. never tested it, didn't wanna risk fragging firmware before sammyz's guide and the vm670.dll surfaced. If I had more free time, good esn V's are down to $25-$30 on ebay, plus I even have a spare dev phone to play with. too many blinking obligations.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

That was a popular cartoon back in the eighties right. Lol.
"The inhabitants of the planet Thundera evacuate just before it is destroyed. They were pursued by a band of mutants. All but one of their escape ships was destroyed. Only a small group of Thunderans (Thundercats) remained. With only half engine power, the group, which was led by Jaga, had to set a course for the nearest planet. Jaga commanded their ship while the other 7 were in their stasis tubes. Jaga died on their journey to Third Earth and their ship crashed there. Soon they made friends with various groups in the area and they designed a fortress. Mumm-Ra the centuries-old embodiment of evil, along with the mutants that destroyed the rest of the Thunderans are a constant threat. But Lion-O, the new leader of the Thundercats, with his weapon the "Sword of Omens" will help the Thundercats to have a standing chance."

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I like the name and it'd probably be OK to start a thread with pre-alpha WIP in the title

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20