Using link scripts with /system
Been looking at the kitkat roms for the Optimus S and was wondering whether it'd be possible to use link scripts to move system to the SD. The big problem with running kitkat on the optimus is a small internal system partition. Options are currently:
- (1) cut as much out of system as possible so it fits. I'd like the full system partition.
- (2) use OS2SD with 3 partitions on SD card of /data, /system, /cache. I find there are advantages to being able to move single apps to SD using Link2SD (some don't like running off of SD, others just run better of of internal). I also see performance/battery problems are common with this setup.
So what I'd like to do is simply link some or all of /system to my SD. Is linking some or all of /system to SD even possible or will android get angry.
Currently on my Optimus, I'm running REBORN ROM with a little personal tweak. I've got my cache and dalvik-cache linked to the same partition that Link2SD creates. I then link my apps (some, not all) and their libraries to SD using Link2SD. This way I have virtually no app count limitation whatsoever (currently have 126 apps I think). I'm sure I could write the script that would link an existing /system to SD (although with my android knowledge it'd be ugly--you should see my script linking cache and dalvik), but how can I do so when I'm installing a new ROM, especially when the /system I want won't fit on internal to begin with. Would it be feasible to copy system from the zip to where I want to link in my SD, and then add a link script to the zip pointing at what I copied/pasted? Doesn't sound like something for someone with brickiphobia (the optimus S is my only phone).
Re: Using link scripts with /system
Here's the script I used with reborn rom to move cache and dalvik to SD:Code:
#!/system/bin/sh # from A sync; setprop 1k.filesystem.ready 1; # empty mount permission sdext2 busybox mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs / busybox rm -rf /data/sdext2 busybox mkdir /data/sdext2 busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime -t ext2 /dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2 busybox chmod 0771 /data/sdext2 # move cache & bind-mounts it busybox mkdir /data/sdext2/cache cp -r /cache/* /data/sdext2/cache umount /cache busybox mount -o bind /data/sdext2/cache /cache busybox chown 1000:2001 /data/sdext2/cache busybox chmod 0771 /data/sdext2/cache busybox chown 1000:2001 /cache busybox chmod 0771 /cache # edited from mvdalvik.sh if [ ! -d /data/sdext2/cache/dalvik-cache ] then busybox rm -rf /data/sdext2/cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache mkdir /data/sdext2/cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache fi busybox chown 1000:1000 /data/sdext2/cache/dalvik-cache busybox chmod 0771 /data/sdext2/cache/dalvik-cache # bind mount dalvik-cache busybox mount -o bind /data/sdext2/cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache busybox chown 1000:1000 /data/dalvik-cache busybox chmod 0771 /data/dalvik-cache # remove debugger memory dumps busybox rm -rf /data/tombstones/*
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
Re: Using link scripts with /system
Got it working here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...t-scripts.html.
- By yogi2000#AC in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 38Last Post: 04-05-2014, 11:06 PM
- By wms3 in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2014, 07:21 PM
- By mikefiori1 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2014, 11:40 AM
- By thedarkwolf25 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
- By psa47 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 03-01-2014, 10:19 AM