[How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoeless1542

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Holy ****! I'm confused

Somehow I managed to root my Optimus S and updated to VD and am currently on Reborn Rom. I am looking to sell my phone on Ebay and want to take it back to stock. As much as I appreciate the tutorial, damn it's confusing. I have never used ADB, I did everything through a terminal emulator on the phone. Can I use the terminal emulator for this? Any help would be appreciated.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I managed to root my Optimus S and updated to VD and am currently on Reborn Rom. I am looking to sell my phone on Ebay and want to take it back to stock. As much as I appreciate the tutorial, damn it's confusing. I have never used ADB, I did everything through a terminal emulator on the phone. Can I use the terminal emulator for this? Any help would be appreciated.
if you used terminal emulator.. then you have used adb in theory... just get adb and run command prompt from that folder.. then type adb shell... tada.. thats ur terminal.

Reactions: shoeless1542

shoeless1542

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have never used ADB and I cannot get it to work for the life of me. I've downloaded and installed Android SDK tools. The only options I see are Virtual devices, Installed packages, Available packages, Settings and About. I can not figure out how to open a command prompt to my phone. I tried using the commands on a terminal emulator on the phone but it couldn't find the flash_image. Any help would awesome.

Tobii1

Banned
Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Following the steps, I'm back at the stock V8 ROM. It boots fine, however, im prompted with a message: "Please Wait while we set up your device services..."

Is there anyway around this? All I need to do is just enable usb-debugging mode as I don't plan on staying unrooted or on this ROM much longer, which I can't do since it is still trying to connect with the sprint network.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Following the steps, I'm back at the stock V8 ROM. It boots fine, however, im prompted with a message: "Please Wait while we set up your device services..."

Is there anyway around this? All I need to do is just enable usb-debugging mode as I don't plan on staying unrooted or on this ROM much longer, which I can't do since it is still trying to connect with the sprint network.

Did you mean to post this in the "unroot and return to stock" thread? You now need to run the V8 to V9 update.zip because you are probably running the V8 software with the VD radio, hence why you are getting that message.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it seem the vast majority of posts here are people saying the instructions are confusing? I'll admit that reading thru them, I am a bit twitchy just thinking about trying to do this. I was smart enough to root, custom recovery, and flash a rom, but this seems way harder. Perhaps someone can dumb it down just a little !! Dont get me wrong. I very much appreciate everyones hard work here and dont want to cause even more. But please, it doesnt have to be you zefie, anyone that has a little experience and has accomplished this could do it. I would do it myself if I could read thru the instructions and feel I knew what it was saying.

HTonning88

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
tether

I'm trying to figure out how to tether my phone, and I know I'm not in the right forum for that, but I just need some direction. Thank you

sgtsc0rpi0n

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
so i followed this step by step and everything worked like a charm to i rebooted the system and the sprint id logo popped up and has been stuck there for about half an hour now. I'm on virgin mobile and i believe that's the problem. Any suggestions?? Or does anyone possibly have VM670 flash_image? If anyone does you would be an hero! XD

eliasmorin73

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
im new to android and i rooted my lg optimus s no problem hadthe clockworkmod recovery and some root tools app. well in that app i accidently pressed delete recovery now my phone only gets to the sprint logo then hangs PPPLLLLZZZ HELP

eliasmorin73

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i rooted my lg optimus s ls670zvd using gingersnap. had clockworkmodrecovery no custom rom and some root tools app well in the root tools app i accidently pressed delete recovery. then i freaked out thinking i messed something up so i opened the clockworkmod app and pressed boot into recovery, now my phone hangs on the sprint logo/splash. i have top remove the battery to power down. plz help

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Flooding the threads wont help you fix anything. It will only frustrate people. Post in the thread you started. As for your issue... There has to be a way but I never did what u have done so I have no personal knowledge on it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eliasmorin73
Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't use the V9 Stock Recovery, the only recovery I was able to get is XIONIA up and running. Can't get the Stock back. All it does is reboot and go to a black screen until I take the battery out and it goes back to Reborn ROM. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: I finally got it up and running! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance