Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112
Like Tree6Likes

Thumbs up Re: [How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    You didn't screw up. You have a newer model Optimus that comes with a new LCD component. The older V9 recovery does not have the LCD drivers to control your display. Everything will work, you can press buttons, clear cache, etc., just you will have no visual feedback. You can't start adb shell because /system isn't mounted.

I suggest you follow this thread (skip step 2 since you already have stock recovery)
    ttp://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/67361-how-simplified-unroot-return-stock.html[/url]
    AND IN THE SPIRIT OF HALLOWEEN A ZOMBIE OPTIMUS S WAS BORN! Thank you so much for the guides, both of you! NEVER flashing a radio image like that again! >.< THANK-YOUUUU!

Default Re: [How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock

Maybe I'm missing something; but at first glance it seems as though all the download links in the first post are broken - or, at least, the first 3. What's up with that?

ROM
    Drew's CM7

Question Re: [How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock

If I just wanted to get to stock so I could update my NVRAM and provisioning, could I just flash the V8 nandroid dump in Post #1? Or do I have to have the stock recovery as well? My data isn't connecting, so I'm trying to find the easiest fix with the lowest probability of bricking my phone.

Thanks!
    "It's hard to be assertive when you're not wearing any pants."

i tried going to the link and it tells me that it doesnt exist

ROM
    CM 7 v9 radio

Quote Originally Posted by qrushdceo View Post
    i tried going to the link and it tells me that it doesnt exist
    That probably happened because you couldn'/wouldn't read above where it says links are broken use kp500. I would probably try that first before wondering why dead links are dead.

Im trying to fix my optimus, but the first link doesn't seem to be woking. I get this:

The file or directory you were looking for does not exist here.
    Perhaps it was moved, renamed, deleted, or never existed in the first place.

If you typed the URL, please check the spelling and try again.

If you have followed a link here, please inform the webmaster of this error.

Can someone one point me in the direction of another link I can use???
    Any help is much appreciated

links are down bro

Recovery Kernel link is no good anymore, anyone else have it?

See this thread for updated instructions:
    [How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Ok i have a Lg Optimus s I rooted with gingerbread and Loaded kraven rom well had a problem other day with sprint so i had to do nandrestore to get back to original sprint But Now i am trying to Unroot and restore to Out of the box settings but i did factory reset/wipe and now I can load my phone it only starts up and goes to the andriod system recovery i have retried installing the custom rom also and nothing just boots up to andriod system recovery can some please help me out and tell me what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    Don't end up with a brick.

Be smart, follow the directions.

Otherwise you will perma-brick your phone.

Due to the increased number of bricks I have to put this announcement

When I say to flash LG Stock Recovery, it means flash LG Stock Recovery.

It does NOT mean that you can skip this step because you want custom recovery, because you want to save time, because you are lazy, because LG Recovery hates your dog... whatever.

There is a reason we are flashing back to LG's recovery.

Steps 25-29 are NOT OPTIONAL!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a nandroid dump of the complete V8 stock system, including kernel, rom, recovery.. everything except the evil devil RADIO. Restoring to V8 will allow you to accept the Sprint V9 update and update your radio PROPERLY.

It will also allow you to bring your phone in for repair, or just remove any hacks you did so you can sell the phone, ect.

This is 99.9% STOCK. This returns your phone to the state it was when you opened the box.

In fact, I pulled this from a brand new Optimus, using the rageagainstthecage exploit, being sure NOT to modify /system in ANY WAY.

However, in order to restore the recovery, I had to use V9's boot and recovery. This will not effect the upgrade process from V8 to V9 in any way.

Here is what you need to do.

1) Root the Optimus. I assume you are already rooted if you are needing a total system restore.

2) Download . Please use this recovery and no other as this is the only one I have tested. Use of another recovery kernel may brick your phone! Your recovery is going to be wiped with LG's recovery anyway, so don't risk it!.

3) Download .

4) Connect your optimus to your PC and prepare for ADB usage.

5) Unzip the recovery kernel and flash_image.

6) adb push recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img /sdcard/
    7) adb push flash_image /data/local/tmp
    8) adb shell
    9) su
    10) chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/flash_image
    11) /data/local/tmp/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img
    12) reboot recovery

Now you should be in GNM's recovery with aqua-colored text. The controls are: Up = VolUP, Down = VolDown, Back = Back, Select = Menu (right of home).

13) Go down to "USB-MS Toggle"
    14) Select "USB-MS Toggle SDCard"
    15) Download my
    16) Unzip it into the root of the USB Device/SDCard
    17) Safely remove the USB device using your PC OS.
    18) Press menu to disable USB-MS Toggle.
    19) Press back.
    20) Select "Backup/Restore".
    21) Select "Nand restore".
    22) Select "mem=477M".
    23) Select "BCDMRS12-20101122-1915"
    24) Press menu to confirm.
    25) When the process is complete, DO NOT REBOOT. Nandroid does NOT flash recovery by default, to protect from losing your custom recovery. In this case we WANT to lose it, otherwise we won't be stock, and OTA updates will not work. Therefore we must...
    26) adb shell
    27) mount /sdcard (if this throws an error about "device or resource busy", just ignore it)
    28) cd /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/BCDMRS12-20101122-1915
    29) flash_image recovery recovery.img
    30) reboot

Now you are back to V8 stock! Enjoy!

To upgrade to V9:
    Due to the kernel being from V9, the phone thinks the firmware is up to date, so you will NOT be prompted for the OTA update. However, since I have a copy of it, you can manually install it. Heres how:

1) Plug phone into PC
    2) Enable USB Mass Storage
    3) Download and place it in the root of the USB Device/SDCard as "update.zip" (renaming it is important!)
    4) run the following from cmd prompt: "adb reboot recovery"
    5) You are now at LG's dark-blue recovery screen (should only be 4 options, if not STOP HERE)

6) Select the option with "update.zip"
    7) follow instructions on screen (VERY IMPORTANT)

You now have V9 Radio/Baseband and V9 stock update. You can delete the update.zip from your SDCard when you are back into Android.

To upgrade from V9 to VC:
    1) Use the .

You now have VC Radio/Baseband and VC stock update. You can delete the update.zip from your SDCard when you are back into android.

To re-root on VC, see this thread.
    Any links for the GNM Recovery?

Is there a new writeup on how to return optimus s back to stock? I have searched and came up with confusing information. Something about kp500? I am running Xionia custom recovery and HydroRom. A link would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mirrors for GNM's v1.1.0 Recovery Kernel?

Links are all down. Great. I need to reset this phone asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an Odin method? I hate this phone and everything about it now
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Quote Originally Posted by j00manji View Post
    Links are all down. Great. I need to reset this phone asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an Odin method? I hate this phone and everything about it now
    link to almost everything in my sig
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112