[How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliasmorin73

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Flooding the threads wont help you fix anything. It will only frustrate people. Post in the thread you started. As for your issue... There has to be a way but I never did what u have done so I have no personal knowledge on it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
i didnt mean to flood the threads i just read it and thought i should have been more specific and i was in a hurry sry thanks for the tip

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't use the V9 Stock Recovery, the only recovery I was able to get is XIONIA up and running. Can't get the Stock back. All it does is reboot and go to a black screen until I take the battery out and it goes back to Reborn ROM. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: I finally got it up and running! :D
did you revert to stock using XIONIA?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Am I actually able to return to Stock using the Xionia? Is that even possible, oh well... Im not going back to stock now, I have Reborn ROM v2.2.2. :)
No not possible because xionia is JUST A CUSTOM RECOVERY. Xionia is NOT stock and not a program to return to stock. You can use OSCC to return to stock recovery, im sure there are other ways as well :)

Reactions: twtippets
Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, after a week worth of work. I was finally able to get the Stock Sprint ROM back up and running. I did root it but now I want to get the Stock Recovery back on my phone. I have LS670ZVD on my phone at the moment but I don't want to go back down to V9 again and have to call Sprint up. I just got it fixed, is there anyway to get the Stock Recovery back, I tried using the V9 Stock Recovery but it just comes up to a black screen. But when I hit the Menu button 2 times, it reboots my phone into the Sprint ROM and works as proceeded. Any help would be appreciated!

Please help me! Thank you guys.

What I have tried, KP500 (Diag), OSCC tool, Reverting to V9 using KP500 method then force flashing to VC and then using the LG Updater tool to get ZVD.

EDIT: Instead of looking for a way to install the Stock Recovery, I installed the Xionia Clockwork Recovery and installed the Xionia OC Kernel. I still currently use the Sprint Stock ROM.

Last edited:

Beatzbyreefah

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE:
the V8 to V9 update
flash_image
GNM's v1.1.0 Recovery Kernel

LINKS DONT WORK! CAN US NOOBS GET THE UPDATED LIKNS????

vfr_geek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
having major problems trying to navigate a blank screen. can anyone give a screen shot of the different phases so i know where they are at during the unroot process for v8? or is there an easier way to get this all working?

Please help I need to take my phone in tomorrow to have my phone checked out, cuz i'm not getting any of my incoming calls and some are very very important. could mean life or death really lol...

any help is appreciated.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
having major problems trying to navigate a blank screen. can anyone give a screen shot of the different phases so i know where they are at during the unroot process for v8? or is there an easier way to get this all working?

Please help I need to take my phone in tomorrow to have my phone checked out, cuz i'm not getting any of my incoming calls and some are very very important. could mean life or death really lol...

any help is appreciated.

androidscreencast - Desktop app to control an android device remotely - Google Project Hosting

if you're at v8, you're already unrooted, or should be depending on your method. I would tell you since you're already at v8, follow the steps to finish in adb, but either way you're going to have to connect to a computer, and don't get caught with anything less then VC/VD on your phone, it's one of the newer ones with a different display. if you have an v7-v9 on your phone and a smart tech sees it, he'll call your warranty void, and you really don't want that.

vfr_geek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
thank you yeah i was getting onto that android screencast but ran out of time earlier gonna try getting it right now :) so even if i have insurance on the phone they won't do work on it?

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
thank you yeah i was getting onto that android screencast but ran out of time earlier gonna try getting it right now :) so even if i have insurance on the phone they won't do work on it?

If you have a blank screen when your running v7-v9 that means you have a newer optimus S. For some reason with out changing anything else on the phone LG changed the display, with that new display comes new "divers" which vc and vd have. That being said it means the new phones never had v7-v9 and if a newer one had v7-v9 it means the warranty was voided. Most people looking at phones to replace them aren't very knowledgeable about the specifics of each phone, thus most wont know anything anyway but a smart tech may figure it out and if he's/she's having a bad day, they might blow the whistle. But you were prepared for that going in to the rooting world in the first place, dont have to remind you of that. Besides once you get the phone all squared away no one will be able to tell the difference anyways. Speaking of which somethings been nothing me. If you're at v8 right now forget screen cast why not just use LG update tool to just get you back to the STD release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21