Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 291
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #51  

    Default

    Followed directions on page 1 down to the using lg update tool part. When I run the tool it says I'm already running lg mobile phone update. I've tried rebooting computer. Simply, how do I use the LG Updater? (OS WIN-XP)
    thanks
  2. #52  
    K4IKEN's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    ROM
    Nameless ROM

    Default

    For some reason I can't get this to work properly. I open up the cmd prompt window and then type in "cd c:/android/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools"(where its located on my comp), where exactly do i go from there?

    Whenever I try to type the command into the window I get:

    " 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program, or batch file. "

    I'm pretty sure I'm missing steps and just want to update and remove the custom recovery with out fear of bricking my device. I restored a nand back up to the stock kernel/ROM and the only thing I need to remove now is the root and custom recovery. Screw this update!!
  3. #53  
    IRBanite's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default

    Where exactly do you... "5) Unzip the recovery kernel and flash_image."
  4. #54  
    simon.ponder's Avatar

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Nightly

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IRBanite View Post
    Where exactly do you... "5) Unzip the recovery kernel and flash_image."
    After downloading, decompress (unzip/unpack) these files and place them on the root of your sdcard.
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
  5. #55  
    IRBanite's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon.ponder View Post
    After downloading, decompress (unzip/unpack) these files and place them on the root of your sdcard.
    Thank you!
  6. #56  

    Default

    ok not working i get to step 11) /data/local/tmp/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img and it say error partition not found
  7. #57  

    Default Can anyone point me to any Videos for putting the phone back to stock?

    Are there any videos with instructions on how to remove custom recovery and put the original stock rom back?
  8. #58  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicksOptimus View Post
    Are there any videos with instructions on how to remove custom recovery and put the original stock rom back?
    Not that im aware of but just follow zefie's guide to revert to stock and you shouldn't have a problem.
  9. #59  

    Default

    Sorry if this sounds stupid but am I unzipping these 2 files 2 my phone's SD card or PC?

    5) Unzip the recovery kernel and flash_image.

    6) adb push recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img /sdcard/
    7) adb push flash_image /data/local/tmp


    Since my phone is connected to my pc at this point, I am assuming I have to type these commands in the PC's cmd prompt?
    Also, shouldn't I be giving a path where my files are on my PC? How would that look?
    Last edited by NicksOptimus; 02-11-2011 at 12:18 PM.
  10. #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beezy View Post
    Not that im aware of but just follow zefie's guide to revert to stock and you shouldn't have a problem.
    Thanks beezy. I did OK to install the thunderom but need a replacement from Radio shack because of bad battery contacts and didn't want to brick (LOL).
    I am not very good with linux commands but I will ask more questions in the proper thread.
    BTW, one of you guys should look into making videos like they have on XDA. Seeing something happen on the screen makes very easy to follow instructions.
    Otherwise thanks for the super stuff you guys do here for our phones.
  11. #61  

    Default

    Yes, on the PC.

    I assume the instructions expect you to unzip the files in question into the same directory you have adb in, thus a complete source path wouldn't be necessary.
    Thanked by:
  12. #62  

    Default

    I read through this thread and asked this question in another thread.

    My phone is rooted. I want my phone to be back at factory defaults. I don't care about preserving anything on the phone and I'm not going to root again. Can't I just do a hard reset and then let the phone receive OTA updates in order to be up to date? Or is it 100% necesary that I follow the steps in this guide? Will performing a hard reset on a rooted phone brick it?

    I ultimately want the phone in it's new factory state.
  13. #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Yes, on the PC.

    I assume the instructions expect you to unzip the files in question into the same directory you have adb in, thus a complete source path wouldn't be necessary.
    OK. So I unzip it to the "Android" folder which is on the root of my pc? That's where the SDK was installed?
  14. #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    Therefore we must...
    26) adb shell
    27) mount /sdcard (if this throws an error about "device or resource busy", just ignore it)
    28) cd /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/BCDMRS12-20101122-1915
    29) flash_image recovery recovery.img
    30) reboot

    Now you are back to V8 stock! Enjoy!
    I got to this far, but I don't know what it means to "adb shell."

    Can someone explain how to do these things when my phone is stuck on recovery mode?

    Thank you.
  15. #65  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicksOptimus View Post
    OK. So I unzip it to the "Android" folder which is on the root of my pc? That's where the SDK was installed?
    On my installation it is in sdk\tools

    Various versions of the SDK might install in slightly different paths.

    Just search your android sdk installation for "adb.exe"

    Wherever that file is, assume the instructions want you to put the files in the same folder.
    Thanked by:
  16. #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktra View Post
    I got to this far, but I don't know what it means to "adb shell."

    Can someone explain how to do these things when my phone is stuck on recovery mode?

    Thank you.
    ADB stands for android debug bridge.

    It is a tool that allows you to do remote operations on the phone, including opening a shell (or command prompt for windows folks)

    You need to have the Android SDK installed to get the adb.exe executable and running environment. adb.exe also requires you to have the proper drivers for your phone installed so that it can communicate with your phone over the USB cable. This should all be in one of the threads either directly incorporated into the instructions or incorporated as a link.
  17. #67  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    On my installation it is in sdk\tools

    Various versions of the SDK might install in slightly different paths.

    Just search your android sdk installation for "adb.exe"

    Wherever that file is, assume the instructions want you to put the files in the same folder.
    Thanks a lot for your patience. Will try unrooting soon.
  18. #68  

    Default

    What I don't get is at around..

    26) adb shell
    27) mount /sdcard (if this throws an error about "device or resource busy", just ignore it)
    28) cd /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/BCDMRS12-20101122-1915
    29) flash_image recovery recovery.img
    30) reboot
    It tells me 'error: device not found' I got all the drivers and such and im connected to USB Debugging, soo yeah ...
  19. #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AyeGetIt View Post
    What I don't get is at around..



    It tells me 'error: device not found' I got all the drivers and such and im connected to USB Debugging, soo yeah ...
    If you are seeing that after typing in step 20, then the phone isn't being recognized. Either a driver problem or usb debugging hasn't been enabled (but you say you have it enabled)

    Do you see the "bug" icon in the status bar when you connect your phone?

    Under device manager (devmgmt.msc) do you see
    ADB Interface
    Android Sooner Single ADB Interface
  20. #70  

    Default

    Okay so now everytime i connect to debugging mode it just disconnects from it...
  21. #71  

    Default

    Therefore we must...
    26) adb shell
    27) mount /sdcard (if this throws an error about "device or resource busy", just ignore it)
    28) cd /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/BCDMRS12-20101122-1915
    29) flash_image recovery recovery.img
    30) reboot

    Now you are back to V8 stock! Enjoy!

    I can't cant do the adb because my phones not in debug because the instructions say not to reboot after doing the restore, sooo I don't get how im suppose to do this. If someone can please help me on here or through a PM that would be magnificant.
  22. #72  

    Default

    would i just start at step 13 if i'm stuck in a recovery loop?

    EDIT: okay, i got myself to learn how to get in adb and stuff, but the only thing is

    it says there's no such file as recovery.img

    i saw an answer to use boot.img but from where should i find it?
    Last edited by ktra; 02-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.
  23. #73  

    Default

    To upgrade to V9:
    Due to the kernel being from V9, the phone thinks the firmware is up to date, so you will NOT be prompted for the OTA update. However, since I have a copy of it, you can manually install it. Heres how:

    1) Plug phone into PC
    2) Enable USB Mass Storage
    3) Download the V8 to V9 update and place it in the root of the USB Device/SDCard as "update.zip" (renaming it is important!)
    4) run the following from cmd prompt: "adb reboot recovery"
    5) You are now at LG's dark-blue recovery screen (should only be 4 options, if not STOP HERE)

    6) Select the option with "update.zip"
    7) follow instructions on screen (VERY IMPORTANT)
    Following step #6, I selected update.zip....and I get the following:
    "finding update package....
    opening update package...
    E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted."

    I'm still on the 4-item recovery screen.....any solutions?
    Thanks,
  24. #74  
    oldtennisguy's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB.evo-DECK-1.3e

    Default

    can this be done from the phone with TERMINAL EMULATOR
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldtennisguy View Post
    can this be done from the phone with TERMINAL EMULATOR
    No. You will need a PC for this one. Sorry


    Quote Originally Posted by baysider View Post
    Following step #6, I selected update.zip....and I get the following:
    "finding update package....
    opening update package...
    E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted."

    I'm still on the 4-item recovery screen.....any solutions?
    Thanks,
    Did you follow step #3?
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions