Problem flashing ROM's

Robersei

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to android phones in general, I just recently got a new LG Optimus S and I was veyr excited to use it, but I soon got bored and decided to root my phone. I found it very fun to be able to overlcock my phone and whatnot but then I also wanted to install some custom ROM's (ThundeROM to be exact). I downloaded ROM Manager but was not able to find my device on the Clockwork Mod Recovery, So somehow I was able to gain acess to be able to install the ROM off of my SD card, so I selected it and I checked both "Backup Existing ROM" and "Wipe Data and Cache". So after that it would prompt me to press ok to reboot and continue with the installation, so I tapped ok. After I tapped ok the phone rebooted to the LG Logo screen but would refuse to go any farther than that, it would just simply stay at the LG logo screen and the only way to shut off my phone is to manually take out the battery. I have tried it mulitiple times and it yielded the same results, so I would greatly appreciate any help and somebody could give me, thank you.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
before trying to flash Thunderom....did you first go through the steps of flashing the Custom Recovery? (see sticky post, [custom recovery])

phufool

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah maybe you should try wiping all the data and flashing the ROM through Custom Recovery instead of the other recovery you're using o.0

pb5525

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone turns on, sprint logo flashes, then the word "android" Thats it, 5min go by and it goes black. My computer says it is an unknow device. I cant do anything, how can I load a custom recovery when it is a BRICK!? It is a softWARE issue. I read that I can re-install the O/S froyo 2.2.2. I can not locate this one file - LS679ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab does anyone have a clue?please help - pb5525@live.com

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to android phones in general, I just recently got a new LG Optimus S and I was veyr excited to use it, but I soon got bored and decided to root my phone. I found it very fun to be able to overlcock my phone and whatnot but then I also wanted to install some custom ROM's (ThundeROM to be exact). I downloaded ROM Manager but was not able to find my device on the Clockwork Mod Recovery, So somehow I was able to gain acess to be able to install the ROM off of my SD card, so I selected it and I checked both "Backup Existing ROM" and "Wipe Data and Cache". So after that it would prompt me to press ok to reboot and continue with the installation, so I tapped ok. After I tapped ok the phone rebooted to the LG Logo screen but would refuse to go any farther than that, it would just simply stay at the LG logo screen and the only way to shut off my phone is to manually take out the battery. I have tried it mulitiple times and it yielded the same results, so I would greatly appreciate any help and somebody could give me, thank you.
you do not use rom manager with the Optimus s!
YOU will brick your phone!
Read the stickies!
Before you go messing around with your phone do some research first. Just because you can download a app from the market does not mean it will work right!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...warning-do-not-use-rom-manager-optimus-s.html
sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc