Superuser app

duke8804

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I followed the directions to root my device and everything worked like the instructions said they should work. I downloaded and installed Superuser. When i run SUperuser it wants me to boot into recovery mode and install an update. i tried searching around to figure out what to do and either i really suck at searching or just am not able to figure it out. so how do i boot into recovery mood and update superuser.

I also have been reading around and read about something called fast boot. What is that?

phufool

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about fast boot, but use the Custom Recovery thread to learn how to get into recovery mode.

Put the 2 files into the root of your SD, and while your phone is off hold the Vol Down + Home + Power key and it'll start up into recovery mode.

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
once i rooted successfully and installed superuser, i didn't have to "run" superuser (if that makes sense). i just went ahead and got an app from the market that needed elevated permissions (CacheMate For Root Users). i'd try to run it and see if superuser pops up with a request for added permission (the white list). if that's what happens with your phone, your rooting was successful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance