Possible GPS fixes...

Okay one of two things might help
adb shell
su
mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
echo "NORMALIZED_SLEEPER" > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
echo "NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS" > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features

And Or going to the market and downloading GPS status and toolbox
once installed hit the menu hardkey button on the phone and go to tools on the app
then manage a gps state
reset
then back to manage a gps state and download
see it that helps (hope it does)
Cheers.
P.S. if this does help you and others with gps issues let me know i write it up cleaner and see if it can get stickied by the great KSmithInNY :)

Reactions: realmeister

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the buildprop edits on ThundeROM 1.5; GPS works fine for me. In fact it actually got my part of the building right for once D:

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I completely reset the phone to factory state and I got GPS working again! I didn't want to do that, but that was my only option after nothing else seemed to work.

Not sure if I want to unroot my phone and flash the custom ROM again.... I'm pretty sure though that I won't be able to resist hacking my phone!

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
After I reset the phone to factory state, I went back and applied ThundeROM, buildprop edits and the Xionia kernel, only to have the same no-fix-GPS problem again. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem!

Is there a certain order that these flashes should be applied?

slipd

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You need to flash back to stock and verify your gps is working. I've been running ThundeRom for 2 weeks now and haven't had any gps issues, using maps daily.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I recreated the problems as well...the general AGPS works ie: Accurate to 6500 Meters...however when I turn off Wifi my GPS doesn't work beyond that

Except I have the 1.4 ROM and the Xionia Kernerl applied...my visual voicemail is also toast

Last edited:

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
After I reset the phone to factory state, I went back and applied ThundeROM, buildprop edits and the Xionia kernel, only to have the same no-fix-GPS problem again. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem!

Is there a certain order that these flashes should be applied?

I use Google Navigation extensively and have not had any problems with my rooted, ThundeROMed, and deluxe buildproped phone. I applied them in that order. My GPS worked fine before I applied the deluxe buildprop on ThundeROM 1.3 as well. Only yesterday did I install zefie's kernel and have not used Google Navigation since then, but I did use Google maps for a second and it found me even when I was in a building's foyer. I'd pass it off as a hardware issue if it wasn't for the fact that you said it worked when you went back to stock. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I am back to factory state (2nd time), but GPS is not working anymore. It worked again the first time I reset to factory state. I get 1, may be 2 satellites after 15-20 minutes, but never enough to get a fix.

My wife's (factory state) Optimus gets a fix within 1-2 minutes INSIDE the house! I don't understand what's going on. I've even reset the GPS date several times with the GPS Toolbox app suggested earlier...

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid they'll hassle and figure out I messed it up with my flashes. Since I'm back to factory state, any chance of that happening?

Another question: Do I have to find a Sprint store, or will any Sprint reseller (ie Best Buy) do?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a dud to me. Keep in mind they have sold more than 2 million of these phones which means they've probably made more than 3 million. There are going to be defective phones.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was able to reproduce the GPS problem but ever since I've upgraded to V1.5 w/out JIT or Stagefright I was able to get decent GPS lock...if you are still having the issue I would most definitely get rid of it.