Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Radio

Can the radio of the Sprint Optimus be changed to Verizon radio?

Would it be possible to compile verizons prl into sprints prl, so it will connect to the best tower at any given time. I've been reading around at ppc geeks and they are taking about utilizing nam1 and nam2. Is there any easy way to swap nams? I just hope there's a way have a sprint prl with verizon evdo roaming. That would be a lot better than QPSTing every night before work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by houckinternet View Post
    Would it be possible to compile verizons prl into sprints prl, so it will connect to the best tower at any given time. I've been reading around at ppc geeks and they are taking about utilizing nam1 and nam2. Is there any easy way to swap nams? I just hope there's a way have a sprint prl with verizon evdo roaming. That would be a lot better than QPSTing every night before work.
    I hear ya. If I knew more about how PRLs worked I would be making my own! lol. Just search around the web for better PRLs.
    [/URL]

Alltel's 40057 has by far the best data speeds for me. At peek usage hours, 1.68Mbps Down and .38Mbps Up. 217 ping.

This is great... Do u think it would work on my virgin optimus v

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by shawnf1986 View Post
    This is great... Do u think it would work on my virgin optimus v

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yes it should. Worst comes to worst you'll have to upgrade your PRL. Give it a shot.
    [/URL]

so like a dummy I accepteed the ota update. I reverted back to V9 and then back to VC and rooted. I keep getting an error when updating prl. The Client fails to authenticate DM Server(48). Please try again later.
    Any Ideas on how to fix this. I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything. Never happened until going back to V9. Thanks for your help
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

so like a dummy I accepteed the ota update. I reverted back to V9 and then back to VC and rooted. I keep getting an error when updating prl. The Client fails to authenticate DM Server(48). Please try again later.
    Any Ideas on how to fix this. I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything. Never happened until going back to V9. Thanks for your help
    Strange error :P I would just update your PRL using QPST. Attached is the latest Sprint PRL. Just unzip it first.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [/URL]
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the file, and extremely fast response.

Regarding your Client fails to authenticate DM Server problem...

As part of reverting to V9, near the end around 99-100% it restores the NVRAM items. The phone is already rebooted and Android startup screen is up, but the LG Software Updater tool is still doing its thing. If you pull the plug before it is done, you can get corrupted NVRAM items. The LG Software Updater tool is not done until you see the word "complete" despite what it looks like on the phone. 100% does not mean complete, complete means complete. There are other things that might have caused the corrption, but this is one of them.

Usually the way to fix it is:
    1) make sure you have stock V9 recovery installed (probably ok to use Zefies new recovery too, but use stock to be safe for now)
    2) go into the dialer and press ##786# (I forget if you need to enter your MSL or not, but if you are using QPST, I assume you have your MSL)
    3) do a factory reset from there

The difference with a ##786# reset vs a privacy->reset is the former will try and reset your NVRAM items back to default so that Hands Free Activation, Update PRL, and Update Profile can work.

If you aren't using Sprint for some reason, then ignore what I said, it doesn't apply to other carriers.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
    Thanked by:

So if I do this hack will it make my wifi tether put out higher speeds
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Not necessarily.

If you are in a bad service area where roaming would benefit you, yes. If you get good Sprint service where you are at, no.
    [/URL]

I see I get good reception at home but my ps3 lags sometimes and I was wondering what I could do to get faster speeds

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

hey nick7 will this hack work on cyanogenmod rom i have installed in an optimus s phone thats getting lousy tower signal somewhere around 1x?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by abel1318 View Post
    hey nick7 will this hack work on cyanogenmod rom i have installed in an optimus s phone thats getting lousy tower signal somewhere around 1x?
    Yes sir.
    [/URL]

Has anyone else had a problem with qpst not reading from the phone completely?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Has anyone else had a problem with qpst not reading from the phone completely?
    Don't worry about that, just follow the steps.
    [/URL]

ROM
    Stock Root, Phone and Tab

Would writing a PRL from Verizon, Cricket, Metro PCS or any other carriers that use CDMA hurt our phones? I've used almost all of the ones you have given us in your source link. I was just wondering if we could, and what kind positives and negatives do you see if we could just write the most current Verizon PRL to our phones? IMO verizon's 3G network is faster.

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by phreak311 View Post
    Would writing a PRL from Verizon, Cricket, Metro PCS or any other carriers that use CDMA hurt our phones? I've used almost all of the ones you have given us in your source link. I was just wondering if we could, and what kind positives and negatives do you see if we could just write the most current Verizon PRL to our phones? IMO verizon's 3G network is faster.
    You have to test.

It could be possible.

I'm using 40065 on my phone, I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and I've found 40065
    is the best PRL for me. HOWEVER there is an issue with phone service using it.

I found I HAVE to always dial the 10-digit phone #, not just the 7-digits,
    even if I am in the same area code - because it will think I am using Verizon.
    If I always dial the 10-digit, it keeps me on the Sprint network and no issue.

Only glitch I have seen, but using this PRL, I get way better signals wherever
    I go during my daily commutes, etc.
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Is this better than the force roaming app that came with nROM?
    I have unlimited roaming on my plan and I am sure most of you have it to. So thats why I am asking
    Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S
    Last edited by og_president; 04-13-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by og_president View Post
    I have unlimited roaming on my plan and I am sure most of you have it to.
    If on Sprint, your roaming is limited to 800min according to the terms of service.
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    If on Sprint, your roaming is limited to 800min according to the terms of service.
    What about data?

Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Nick, how would I install this on cm7? I installed a signed version of your roaming app but it is blank.

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Nick, how would I install this on cm7? I installed a signed version of your roaming app but it is blank.

My roaming application doesn't work with CM7, but you can still flash a PRL with QPST. Just follow the instructions in the OP.
    [/URL]

What about data?

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast