Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    HA I toll at least 3 GB of roaming data a month. Still waiting to be terminated.
    [/URL]

I've only ever read about people getting cease letters for excessive voice roaming.

I'm not the type to tell you to do or not do something. Just correcting a statement that was made earlier.

Everyone makes their own judgment call what they would like to do. They should however have the correct information.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

I've only ever read about people getting cease letters for excessive voice roaming.

I'm not the type to tell you to do or not do something. Just correcting a statement that was made earlier.

Everyone makes their own judgment call what they would like to do. They should however have the correct information.
    No doubt, thanks for the information. I know that I shouldn't roam so much but Sprint towers have the weakest signal in my building :P I'll definitely add that to the OP as a disclaimer.
    [/URL]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Nameless ROM, CM7ed Nook

Default prl nyc

does anyone know the best PRL to use for NYC(and where to download), i downloaded the PRL on the OP, but it seemed to make my service worse.

ROM
    Nameless ROM, CM7ed Nook

also does anyone know how to revert back to original PRL on CM7? cant find where to upgrade PRL
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by tootseroel View Post
    also does anyone know how to revert back to original PRL on CM7? cant find where to upgrade PRL
    You'll have to download a Sprnt PRL and use QPST. CM7 is unbranded.
    [/URL]

ROM
    Nameless ROM, CM7ed Nook

for anyone else who wants to switch back, i used the prl from this link:

and it seems back to normal
    Advisor

Does this still work QPST v2.7.323
    I can not down load it from the site to install it!

long time androidcentral reader, first post. rooted running thunderom VD baseband

I am very confused on what this does. I had heard that with sprint, roaming uses the VZW towers which are much better and stronger in most areas.

I have the everything data with any mobile anytime plan. it says roaming is free, but when roaming, any call counts against your 1500/3000 minutes, even if they are calls to mobile numbers. I do not know what the situation with data roaming is, someone please inform me.

What does this PRL update do? i would love to have the reliability of VZW towers over sprints if the minutes did not go against my 1500. I wouldnt be going over the 800 roaming maximum, but i just wouldnt want any of my minutes used.

would this PRL update let me use VZW towers while still having unlimited mobile to mobile minutes? also, i use data and texting more than calls, so is this is only worth it assuming that VZW's 3G data is better than sprints, which im assuming it is.

Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by ohnonomiss View Post
    would this PRL update let me use VZW towers while still having unlimited mobile to mobile minutes? also, i use data and texting more than calls, so is this is only worth it assuming that VZW's 3G data is better than sprints, which im assuming it is.
    If I recall correct, it'll let you choose VZN towers over Sprint. However, as you've noticed Sprint's policy is when roaming, you do not get unlimited mobile2mobile. No PRL or hack will change that as it is done on the billing side.

w/r/t data, you are going to need to experiment. The roaming agreements Sprint has are different for various regions. You might not get 3g data at all, even if Sprint has data in a particular area, if VZN is listed higher in that area's PRL entry than Sprint and there is no 3g roaming agreement there.

The roaming agreements Sprint has are different for various regions.
    That's really unfortunate that sprint's roaming agreements vary by region. I have the everything data plan, you would think there is a single explanation for what you would be charged for data /mb while roaming.

If there was a clear explanation from sprint i would like to see it. experimenting with vzw's data in my area would have been nice. until then, i'll wait to flash.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    DECKS ICS -MASON KERNEL

That's really unfortunate that sprint's roaming agreements vary by region. I have the everything data plan, you would think there is a single explanation for what you would be charged for data /mb while roaming.

If there was a clear explanation from sprint i would like to see it. experimenting with vzw's data in my area would have been nice. until then, i'll wait to flash.
    From my experience, when i "roam" while using voice or data, each minute using those services (on the phone talking to someone, or browsing the internet) goes towards the allowed minutes in the plan (my case 450 minutes). I have seen this reflected on both my bill and talking with customer service to find out how the "free" roaming works. *i live in southeast nebraska*

I didn't say anything about being charged. Just what you are provided as service in each region.

You aren't charged anything for data roaming. They give you a 300mb limit in your ToS, after which they spell out in their contract their only option is to warn you or terminate you. However I've only ever seen people get letters for multiple months of going over the 800min voice limit and OP has done multiple GB roaming data and hasn't seen anything. As mentioned in previous posts, unlimited mobile 2 mobile is not valid while roaming, so that uses your base minutes and you might see overages through that route. That rate is pointed out in your contract.
    Last edited by sfhub; 04-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Default Multiple ports

Exactly which port should I be looking for? I have 3 listed in device manager. Thanks!

Nevermind! Figured it out. MY DATA SPEEDS JUST TRIPLED from inside my house using 40065. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HACK] PRL swapping.-device_manager.jpg  
    Last edited by ravioli; 04-25-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Default 01115

Attached is Sprint's latest PRL --01115. I loaded this version and data is about as fast as before and seems more consistent/steady. Unzip 1st of course.

Good luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files

does anyone know ware i can get a list of plrs for each region or how would i get the prl that is best for ware i live?

I'm not sure if there is a easy way to know besides trying them all.

I have however found some other PRL's that have improved my speed and service near my work by ohare airport

I'm getting 1-1.2 down constant now using 00001, 31337 or 01337 as opposed to the official prl's I been getting spotty services going 1x..missing calls left and right. Since I switched to the prls listed in that thread constant 3g and cell service full bars or only missing one.

ROM
    Nameless ROM, CM7ed Nook

Default verizon nyc

anyone have a verizon PRL for NYC?

Ironic that the best PRL that's worked for me is 1337

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by donbudafuko View Post
    does anyone know ware i can get a list of plrs for each region or how would i get the prl that is best for ware i live?
    You'd have to try different ones.

40065 is working quite well up here in the Pacific NW (Washington) area - but may also work elsewhere.

It's sort of a hit/miss type deal unless someone else in the forums lives very close
    to your geographical location and has already done the testing and reported results.

I believe I tried maybe 4 or 5 different PRL's before sticking with 40065
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

To assist other forum members looking for PRL assistance, when you post success
    with a replacement PRL - can you also put your geographic location?

Don't have to put city, the state should be good enough unless you're out in the boonies!
    Soylent Green Is People!

ware can i get a list of prl so i can try them out an see whats best for me in my location?
    location-Iowa

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by donbudafuko View Post
    ware can i get a list of prl so i can try them out an see whats best for me in my location?
    location-Iowa
    The first post of this thread, near the bottom of Nick's message.
    Soylent Green Is People!

So the latest PRL for verizon is 41003 and for sprint is 01115?

Nick, which prl have you put in reborn?

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by memsman View Post
    So the latest PRL for verizon is 41003 and for sprint is 01115?

Nick, which prl have you put in reborn?
    PRL's are NOT included in ROMs

Those are set in the phone and you have the phone update/download those yourself.
    Soylent Green Is People!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast