CRAP. REBOOT of DEATH.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm running thunderom 1.4 with Xionia kernel.

Went well for a week and this morning I was on googlemaps, pressed the menu and reboot to LG logo and cycles the LG logo every 3 seconds. Battery removed and back in, still LG cycling logo. It's done!

BTW cannot get into recovery.

UPDATE AGAIN.

Bricked again, now permanent? Can't recover, but CAN get into EMERGENCY MODE. I need to find sprint KDZ file to restore it.

Last edited:

slipd

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Went well for a week and this morning I was on googlemaps, pressed the menu and reboot to LG logo and cycles the LG logo every 3 seconds. Battery removed and back in, still LG cycling logo. It's done!

Were you OC'd?

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Good news. I brought it back to the sprint store. Show it to the REP and see's it keep rebooting. He takes off the battery to scan the bar codes and stuff (10 mins). Then have it waiting in the tech guys queue. I come back and they said tech guy had no problems booting up.

I see my phone back on. So, only guess is you need to remove battery longer than 1 min.

The only recent change I did was switching over to OC widget from SET CPU, if this happens again i'll go back.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Hold down the key combo for the recovery (Home, Vol Up, and Power). Do this until the LG logo shows up and then disappears. You can now release the buttons and you should be in recovery.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It's volume up, at least on my phone, it should be the same on your phone as well, as long as you have the recovery that is offered in this area of the forum.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

UPDATED:
Good news. I brought it back to the sprint store. Show it to the REP and see's it keep rebooting. He takes off the battery to scan the bar codes and stuff (10 mins). Then have it waiting in the tech guys queue. I come back and they said tech guy had no problems booting up.

I see my phone back on. So, only guess is you need to remove battery longer than 1 min.

The only recent change I did was switching over to OC widget from SET CPU, if this happens again i'll go back.

Did you by chance set the overclock widget to set the clock speed at boot? If it was set to some speed your phone doesn't like, and the set at boot setting as well, it may be having issues. You should still be able to use the three button combination given farther up in this thread by me.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
ok it rebooted again and cant get passed the LG logo. Again unable to enter custom recovery.

I'll let the battery out for 15 mins and will try SETCPU again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae