Not Receiving Visual Voicemail's....is it because of a ROM?

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Noticed something weird today...

I'm running ThundeROM 1.4 and I've noticed my visual voicemail wasn't working, every time I opened the voicemail app and tried to press the "menu" key I received force closes...???

I decided to go to settings>applications>manage application>all>voicemail and clear data...I went back to the voicemail application and it prompted me to update the application.

I haven't been able to receive visual voicemail's since...is this a bug of the ROM? Or is it something else I've overlooked...it worked before and I've just noticed that it started acting up today, but I don't receive a lot of voice calls so it could be anything.

slipd

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I just tested this and I'm not getting voicemails either.

I'm running v1.5, no buildprops flashed...

Update: this may be a Sprint issue. My wife isn't getting vm's either and her optimus is stock.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ever since sprint updated the app sometimes it lags when pushing the message to the phone. I've had them come through instantly and I've had them take up to 10 minutes. Probably due to their server trying to translate the VM into text now. Even if you aren't using the option the server still needs to translate.

The message is push, not poll. No way for anyone to change it from an app level unfortunately because theres no poll interval.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
...I wonder if it could be a Sprint VM issue because I don't get ANY voicemails at any time

Call yourself from a different number and leave a 1 word message like "test". Wait a minute or five and see if it comes through. If not you might want to refresh your profile.

Menu - settings - about phone - update profile

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I upgraded to V1.5 and did NOT apply JIT, Stagefright, ect...I'm still having the same issue with the Visual VM after I updated my profile...the following is the exact error I'm seeing when trying to access VM...

3O2a7.png

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
ok...this worked for me, try the following steps.

Steps you can try if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemail messages:

On your phone keypad, enter *38 and then press Talk to cancel any call forwarding

Power off your phone, remove and reinsert the battery and then power it back on

Update the data profile on your phone; go to Menu > Settings > System Updates > Update profile

Go into the visual voicemail application and compose a visual voicemail message by selecting Menu and then Compose. Make sure your message is longer than 15 seconds and send to activate@vvm.sprint.com.

Although this did work, why is Sprint still trying to activate voicemail to text...ugh...

Last edited:
Reactions: kalex