couple of questions about LG software

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So I went to the verizon store today and was playing around with LG Vortex. I noticed couple of nice features that it has and I was wondering if its possible to get this on our phones.

First is the LG Home application. I think that's what its called. Its an LG launcher and has 5 or 7 screens plus allows you to put 4 icons on the bottom.

Another feature that I noticed is radio controls that are usable when you bring notification screen down. they are right on top and u can control bluetooth, wifi, 3g, and silent.

Does anyone know what its called and is it possible to obtain these to use on our Sprint Optimus phones?

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm no ROM cooker, but LauncherPRO allows you to have up to 7 home screens, and allows you to slide the bottom "launch bar" (that normally has phone, apps, and browser/SprintID on it) to the left or right, exposing up to 10 apps/shortcuts on the "bottom".

For the radio controls, I use the "Power Control" widget on my home screen, which gives toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, and Backlight. They aren't in the notification bar, but they are on my main default home screen.

I also use something called "Volume Control", which I have as one of the shortcuts on my "bottom" launcher, which gives easy control of all volume levels and vibrations, shortcut buttons for off, silent, vibrate, and normal volume levels, and two programmable present profiles for volumes.

Not quite as snazzy, but close.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I know all that :)

Launcher Pro is too convoluted for me :) too many options and too many choices. I don't want to over bloat my phone. I also use Power Control widget but I like the LG one thats why i wanted to use it. I also use volume widget that allows me to switch it to silent quickly