[BRICK WARNING]Dont clear phone via Menu>Privacy after custom rec

sabauman

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
nope its not working. i just flashed the thunderROM 1.5 and same thing just goes to the Android system recovery... i still have the existing nand i first backed up in the sdcard/nandroid if that helps.

also i read on the other thread about unrooting your phone. i got up to the point where i had to do flash_image recovery recovery.img (but for the nand backup i have, there is no recovery.img).

thanks

I had to replace the nand with the version the instructions provided. That worked for me. that has the recovery.img in it.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I edited the settings apk to keep you fellas out of this menu!
I'll add it to nROM next year, I'm on vacation!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya thanks I will have to do it when I get a laptop I already called sprint and did a phone swap so I will do when I get a chance but what did you mean by use some grammar was it because i didn't put semicolons and periods in? Lol but thanks for the help it will be a to do play phone when I got time
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ya thanks I will have to do it when I get a laptop I already called sprint and did a phone swap so I will do when I get a chance but what did you mean by use some grammar was it because i didn't put semicolons and periods in? Lol but thanks for the help it will be a to do play phone when I got time

lol, I get out of breath when I read your posts. I feel like putting extra periods in mine to make up for it......

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol ya your right I could not consecrate when you have a squeaky loud girlfriend say I nnnnnnneeeeed my Facebook I need to text I need my phone on right now. and I was trying to find a quick fast way to get it done lol thanks for everyone's great posting on the subject cuz I though of this post as soon as I flashed and came back into recovery lol. I wouldn't have thought this accident occurres as much you know

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I used the guide to return my Optimus to stock so I could sell it as I just bought the Evo Shift. I succesfully got back to the stock rom. The only thing I didnt do is take off the custom recovery.

When the guy called sprint to activate the phone the data wouldnt work so they had him do a dialer code and after the phone rebooted. Since it rebooted it is now stuck in recovery. I'm able to flash thunderom and use the nandroid to restore to the stock backup but no matter what I do it reboots back into the custom recovery. Did I permanetly brick my Optimus?

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I used the guide to return my Optimus to stock so I could sell it as I just bought the Evo Shift. I succesfully got back to the stock rom. The only thing I didnt do is take off the custom recovery.

When the guy called sprint to activate the phone the data wouldnt work so they had him do a dialer code and after the phone rebooted. Since it rebooted it is now stuck in recovery. I'm able to flash thunderom and use the nandroid to restore to the stock backup but no matter what I do it reboots back into the custom recovery. Did I permanetly brick my Optimus?

You will get more eyes looking at your issue if you start a new thread of whats going on...

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Plan C... goto this Thread, follow the instructions and return the phone to completely stock using the lg tool? (not sure if it'd work, but it might)

Apparently I fail at the URL... here: http: //forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-roms-hacks/52145-how-unbrick-your-phone-using-kdz.html

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

If you can get the recovery, why don't you just follow the instructions again to unroot and return to stock, this time, including the step of replacing customer recovery with stock recovery?

odogray

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Phone Goes Blank but Its On. I Cannot Get Into Recovery Is There Anywhere To Unbrick Or Is It Permanently Bricked.

P.S. I Used z4root To Root It Does That Mean I Had A Custom Recovery Installed?

Last edited:

odogray

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I Think I Need To Word It Differently When I Turn On My Phone The Normal Way It Is Stuck On The LG Screen And It Is Stuck Like This Until The Battery Dies. And When I Try To Get Into Recovery With Home+VOL UP+Power Button And A Bunch Of Different Ways And It Shows The LG Screen for Like 2 Seconds And Then goes Black

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I Think I Need To Word It Differently When I Turn On My Phone The Normal Way It Is Stuck On The LG Screen And It Is Stuck Like This Until The Battery Dies. And When I Try To Get Into Recovery With Home+VOL UP+Power Button And A Bunch Of Different Ways And It Shows The LG Screen for Like 2 Seconds And Then goes Black

Oh thats weird. How did this happen? Did it just start one day or was there a series of events (or single event) that caused this?

This warning thread is for people who have a custom recovery and who wipe from the settings menu rather than recovery. Applying a recovery image is a manual process which requires either ADB or a terminal emulator and since you werent sure if you have a custom recovery, i'd guess no.

From what your saying is you cant even get to recovery (stock or otherwise) or even past the splash screen for that matter which means a computer wont be able to connect to your phone. Without a connection to a computer, theres not much that can be done but warranty it.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I Tried The Reset Thing On Stock everything and Thats What It Did I Think Its A Problem with The LG Optimus

Wow thats a bummer. So you cant get to recovery at all???? Do me a favor and try this

1) Shut the phone off, heck pull the battery for 30 seconds.
2) Put battery back in
3) Press and hold the home button (bottom left). Don't let up till i say
4) Press and hold the volume down button. don't let up till i say
5) While still holding the home button and the volume down button, press and hold the power button. Dont just press it but press and hold.
6) After about 5 seconds, maybe a few more, of holding all 3 buttons down at the same time, are you in recovery??

odogray

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nothin Just Black Screen Held It For 3 Minutes

It Splashes The Splash Screen Then goes Black For a Sec Then Goes Blue Like You When THe Screen Is On The It Just Doesnt Have Anything There

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad