[BRICK WARNING]Dont clear phone via Menu>Privacy after custom rec

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Try it, and let go of the buttons as soon as the splash vanishes. Thought it was normal for all devices, but if I don't let go of the buttons, I don't go in to recovery :p I've never tried holding it for a long period of time, so no idea if that could cause an issue :p

odogray

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok That didn't If I Can't Get Into Recovery Or Emergency Mode Then I guess Its Bricked but What Are The Buttons Needed To Get Into Emergency Mode

mikegerard

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thunderom booting to recovery

Hi all-

I have two phones running thunderom 1.5. Both have been running for about two months with no problems.

Today one of the phones started booting into recovery. I tried just restarting and that did not work. Neither did pulling the battery and restarting.

Any ideas on what I should try next? I was thinking of updating of 1.6.2 and seeing if that helped.

Thanks,
Mike

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I would try to figure out why it was happening or do a full wipe before installing 1.6.2 just to make sure some app is going crazy nuts.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
is it possible you went into Menu > Setttings > Privacy > Factory data reset?

Also as Beezy said, 1.5 is kind of outdated. Might be worth the effort to try the following ...

1)Put 1.6.2 on your SD card and wipe cache and dalvik (not data) and flash the ROM. See if it boots. if no ....
2)Wipe cache, dalvik AND data, flash the ROM

Reactions: mikegerard

mikegerard

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to my son and it sounds like he tried to do a factory data reset....arggg.

Going to try to unroot and see if that takes care of it.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Mike did your PC or laptop see the device how did you get to push the files on the first instructions my phone is in the spot that yours was and all my girlfriend did was the same thing as your son did and I'm stumped I can't get the files on the phone its the second command and it just shoots a error saying device not found?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well… My phone is stuck on the load screen. If I take a brick to Sprint do they freak out or what?
I really think it’s a soft brick but I just have not the talent to unbrick yet.

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well… My phone is stuck on the load screen. If I take a brick to Sprint do they freak out or what?
I really think it’s a soft brick but I just have not the talent to unbrick yet.
I just realized that prolly sounds really lame to most of you guys... :p

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok… so as you all probably know if you root your phone then Sprint will NOT work on it and it voids your warranty even if it is insured. So the guy told me to go crack the screen and send it in to be replaced.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Xionia CWMA Recovery now fully supports this option, no brick, and it works. Be warned though it does unprovision your phone (intended to do so) so you will have to wait for Hands-Free activation and all that crap.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
I wish I know how you all are able to do an adb shell connection..
I have yet to get my phone connected as of yet..

I have even disabled and enabled the 4 driver's that are used with the phone
(GPS,MODEM,COMPOSITE & the SERIAL driver)..

Im sure the serial driver is what is needed (as I dident pay attention to witch driver was used when doing the ROOT earlier this month..

I know all files are up to date as I was in adb shell 2 days ago and had no issue's..
Must be an issue with the "Debuging" driver on the phone side is not activated..

Any thoughts?..

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have USB debugging enabled? Sometimes in various resets and restores it gets disabled and you don't realize it.

The particular interface you care about is listed under "ADB Interface" for devmgmt.msc

It'll say Android Sooner Single ADB Interface.

If you don't see that when you connect your phone, then something is not configured correctly, likely either the drivers or the USB debugging setting.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
Do you have USB debugging enabled? Sometimes in various resets and restores it gets disabled and you don't realize it.

The particular interface you care about is listed under "ADB Interface" for devmgmt.msc

It'll say Android Sooner Single ADB Interface.

If you don't see that when you connect your phone, then something is not configured correctly, likely either the drivers or the USB debugging setting.
The phone must have debugging turned off..
I have flashed and re-flashed stock Nand's as well as some backups I have made where I know USB Debuging was on..

Still a no go...

When ever I plug in my phone to the PC while in recovery the USB is stated to be using "LGE Android Platform USB Modem #2"..
Also SuperOneClick just hangs at "waiting for device" promp..
I just do not get it..

Plus if its any help Im running on Windows 7 (x86) with a LG Optimus V

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Under
menu->settings->applications->development->USB debugging

just double-check it is checked.

When you plug the phone in, does it say usb debugging in the status bar?

It is possible somehow your driver setup got messed up on the PC side.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
Under
menu->settings->applications->development->USB debugging

Thats the issue right there..
Im in a constant recovery loop and Im not able to access the main OS to change such settings..

I have tryed all my Nand flashes and even used a stock Nand flash thats found here for my Opti V:STOCK OPTI V Nand BACKUP

& within "Mounts" on the recovery menu the only thing thats mounted seems to be the "/cache"...

Im rather new to this so bear with me if you could please..

In short though thats my main issue as the phone doesn't seem to have the debugging mode enabled..
Thought that setting would be set within the Nand backup witch I know the first backup I had done had the USB debugging mode on..

Any further help would be greatly appreciated..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87